Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-26-2023, 06:22 PM

Default Low Life SOBs!!!

I recently posted a thread in regards to wildfire issues close to our hunting camp.

Well one of our hunting partners had to go to a family gathering near the area. We spoke about it prior to his trip up, and he was going to check the burn areas around our hunting camp to figure out what to do before the moose draws.

So while there, he checked the hunting camp, and he called me this afternoon with bad news.

After the heavy rain they had up there the past week, some low life SOBs, obviously taking advantage of an emergency situation, broke through our gate, and entered all our sleeping quarters, sheds, and main kitchen.

Without getting into all the details of the all items that were stolen, the loss was very significant. Been there for over 12 years and never had any issues.

I also hear some of the residents in the area, while they had to evacuated, suffered losses also.

So, will be going there next week to take inventory as to what was all stolen, and reload.

Of course, no insurance as we don't "live there".

Mods, sorry about the choice of words...I could use worse vocabulary in this case, but have restrained myself from doing so...
Old 05-26-2023, 06:41 PM

During the war, marauders were shot on a spot, without trial…
Should be the same rule here…
Old 05-26-2023, 07:25 PM

Being broken into regardless of what is or isn’t stolen is a terrible thing. Had it happen at our cabin in 2022. They didn’t steal anything but broke in the door on two buildings.
Now every time we go up I dread what we might find. It’s very disheartening.
Last winter we took everything home that was of value and left all the curtains open so it was visible that there was nothing worth stealing.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:01 PM

Sorry to hear! But they ( cops ) cannot keep a eye on everything! But you know the rest of the story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
I recently posted a thread in regards to wildfire issues close to our hunting camp.

Well one of our hunting partners had to go to a family gathering near the area. We spoke about it prior to his trip up, and he was going to check the burn areas around our hunting camp to figure out what to do before the moose draws.

So while there, he checked the hunting camp, and he called me this afternoon with bad news.

After the heavy rain they had up there the past week, some low life SOBs, obviously taking advantage of an emergency situation, broke through our gate, and entered all our sleeping quarters, sheds, and main kitchen.

Without getting into all the details of the all items that were stolen, the loss was very significant. Been there for over 12 years and never had any issues.

I also hear some of the residents in the area, while they had to evacuated, suffered losses also.

So, will be going there next week to take inventory as to what was all stolen, and reload.

Mods, sorry about the choice of words...I could use worse vocabulary in this case, but have restrained myself from doing so...
Old 05-26-2023, 08:02 PM

I figure your language is appropriate. Sorry to hear my friend. Until it happens you don't realize the sense of violation that accompanies the loss of property. I hate thieves.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-26-2023, 08:26 PM

My Brother has been broken into on there farm sight! 3 Times now they keep nothing in value there over the winter! They stay there all summer! and take everything home after that! It's BS that we have to do what we do!!!!!!!!!!
SS&S!
Old 05-26-2023, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Now every time we go up I dread what we might find. It’s very disheartening.
Last winter we took everything home that was of value and left all the curtains open so it was visible that there was nothing worth stealing.
I know that feeling. After our house was cleaned out in 2019, every time I come home I feel it….
Old 05-26-2023, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
100% agree

Looters, thieves......same result.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:51 PM

Well you've come to the right place to vent.
You'll hear all the answers that will make you feel better and feel that you're in a brotherhood of like-minded, vengeful people that want the same punishment for them that you do.
Man, the crime a guy could clean up with a decoy, a quarter section, and a backhoe..
Old 05-26-2023, 10:55 PM

It's not right and it should not happen, pure and simple. Sorry for your loss but keep your head up.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:56 PM

I gather there were looters even in Drayton Valley during the evacuation. Disasters bring this scum out of the woodwork.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-27-2023, 07:25 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Bloody brutal....can’t say what I want to say but you get it.

Hope things turn around for you and your group.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-27-2023, 07:44 AM

Part of the reason we stayed put through the evacuation order.

Rather watch it burn than come back to it being gone (stolen)
Old 05-27-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hogfarmer View Post
Part of the reason we stayed put through the evacuation order.

Rather watch it burn than come back to it being gone (stolen)
Most of friends who were in evacuation zones didn’t leave either for the same reasons
Old 05-27-2023, 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear! Welcome to the turd's new world order.
Hope you get set up again in time for the season!
Old 05-27-2023, 09:27 AM
AO Sponsor

Went to my parents one Christmas Eve, stayed Christmas Day and came home Boxing Day and our house was broken into and robbed on Christmas Day! I slept with a hammer by my bed for a long time after that... The feeling really does stay with you for a long time.

Sorry for you and your people man!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-27-2023, 09:52 AM

I am sorry to hear this man. Perps should be shot. Hope they get herpes, syph, gonorrhea, crickets, genital warts, and aids… you name it. All of it.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:57 AM

Hidden trail cameras around? Better yet if you’ve got cell service get ones that send you the pictures. Then make public let the masses decide. Pretty sure that’s what happened in Evensburg to the individual who chose to cross that line.
Old 05-27-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Hidden trail cameras around? Better yet if you’ve got cell service get ones that send you the pictures. Then make public let the masses decide. Pretty sure that’s what happened in Evensburg to the individual who chose to cross that line.
The sad part is the public would likely think the OP has more than he needs since he has TWO properties and the perps are trying to turn their lives around.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Just make sure there is at least one sign at the property stating surveillance in effect or something like that. Not kidding as many a farmer I deal with have the scum on cam/video, know who they are and seen the perps walk out of court because there was no signage. Apparently it is a thing with the courts. A wrong thing but its being used by the defense.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Went to my parents one Christmas Eve, stayed Christmas Day and came home Boxing Day and our house was broken into and robbed on Christmas Day! I slept with a hammer by my bed for a long time after that... The feeling really does stay with you for a long time.

That's the worst part ..... the feeling of someone violating your private space. Stuff can be replaced, but the anger and feeling violated doesn't go away for a long time.

I know we all sound like a broken record here - but until criminals actually get properly punished and do real hard time, this will continue.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I am sorry to hear this man. Perps should be shot. Hope they get herpes, syph, gonorrhea, crickets, genital warts, and aids… you name it. All of it.
Too late for that….but one can hope that their diabetes escalates to a point where they get their legs amputated.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
"Thieves will be shot on sight, survivors will be shot again...."

^ Post that sign, then the courts will have no choice but to let you go as you did provide warning..... Twice.

J.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Man, the crime a guy could clean up with a decoy, a quarter section, and a backhoe..

I have a backhoe and a decoy im willing to donate to a good cause. Anyone have a quarter section they want to put in?
Old 05-27-2023, 07:06 PM

Thanx for the support folks...

3 of us will be travelling up North to the camp next Tuesday to figure out the actual loss. 6 hour drive but who cares.

We have a pretty good idea on the main ticket "bigger" items that are stolen...but we still don't know about the smaller but necessary stuff, which we have no clue yet may be gone.

Intel so far is that many others in the area were hit also. Amazing how some of these gonads will take advantage of an emergency.

Not that it means much...when my partner was there yesterday, he found a bunch of "cheap" empty beer cans/boxes(will not name the brand) in and around camp.

So the evidence indicates these douches were there for awhile while they hand picked what they wanted...and of course had to "hydrate" themselves while doing their dirty deed...pretty sad actually...
Old 05-27-2023, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Thanx for the support folks...

3 of us will be travelling up North to the camp next Tuesday to figure out the actual loss. 6 hour drive but who cares.

We have a pretty good idea on the main ticket "bigger" items that are stolen...but we still don't know about the smaller but necessary stuff, which we have no clue yet may be gone.

Intel so far is that many others in the area were hit also. Amazing how some of these gonads will take advantage of an emergency.

Not that it means much...when my partner was there yesterday, he found a bunch of "cheap" empty beer cans/boxes(will not name the brand) in and around camp.

So the evidence indicates these douches were there for awhile while they hand picked what they wanted...and of course had to "hydrate" themselves while doing their dirty deed...pretty sad actually...
Should be lots of DNA available. Fingerpints.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-27-2023, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post

I know a story about a fellow who passed away and on the day of his funeral, his house was robbed blind. Wasn't random either,
Old 05-28-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Should be lots of DNA available. Fingerpints.
The gestapo probably already know who it is, and they don’t like doing stuff like that for property crime. Too much like work. And the courts gladue the peeps right out the door to do it again anyway.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I got a gut feeling that these scum bags messed with the wrong cabin...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-28-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:

Did your insurance company really tell you you can’t insure your cabin?

We’ve had multiple properties insured over the years that weren’t our primary residence and were only visited seasonally, it was never an issue