Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-07-2017, 08:12 AM

Default Not made in Canada

[
If you're in the market for a jon boat, like I was two years ago - check out Marlon.

I went with the 14 for the thicker hull, and overall size. It's by far the biggest 14ft boat I have seen - it has a 63 inch beam, yet two people can lift it easily. Looking at other brands specifications, Marlon won out by comparison.

Since buying it, I put a deck and casting platform at the stern in along with a bottom coating designed for air-boats, called since I use it in rocky bottom lakes and rivers. So far it has been a great investment in protecting my boat, reduces friction too.

Regular power is a 20hp Yamaha 4stroke, but it did very well under electric power, as it drafts very little water.

So far, I've had it in 3-4 foot waves and it handled great, did not take on water. Cool thing to add - it's a Canadian company and the boats are built here taking advice for the design from hunters and fishermen
.[/QUOTE]

I was looking hard at the Marlon boats a couple years ago and while I agree they seem to be a very well built boat,I am pretty sure the salesman let slip that they are made offshore. I went to their website and it says nothing about where they are built. I would think if they were built in Canada that would be well advertised as a selling feature.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post

I was looking hard at the Marlon boats a couple years ago and while I agree they seem to be a very well built boat,I am pretty sure the salesman let slip that they are made offshore. I went to their website and it says nothing about where they are built. I would think if they were built in Canada that would be well advertised as a selling feature.
I stand corrected! I called them today and confirmed that they are, as JB says, built in China. The salesmen that I spoke with when I bought mine had me believing that they were made here in Canada. Thank you for confirming JB.

What did you end up buying for a boat?
Old 02-07-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
I stand corrected! I called them today and confirmed that they are, as JB says, built in China. The salesmen that I spoke with when I bought mine had me believing that they were made here in Canada. Thank you for confirming JB.

What did you end up buying for a boat?
I ended up not getting anything . I have a Princecraft Yukon15 and I was looking at a flat bottom for the river but never followed through with it. This year though I am looking at another Seamax ( I had a Seamax 360 for a while before I got the Princecraft) inflatable for monkeying around with out on the coast if I get a chance . I am looking at the Ocean series Seamax 430. I wouldn't sell my Princecraft but the inflatable gives me some options that the aluminum doesn't.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:40 PM

I have a zodiac cadet 360 and will not go back to a v hull or jon boat. the front keel inflates and is not bad in a crosswind or slow speeds. rough water its the safest boat out of the 3 but you will get wet lol