Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2018, 09:08 AM

Question Moose lake, alberta info

Hello,
I am going to moose lake and it will be my first time fishing there, I’m looking for any information on troublesome areas, sandbars, protruding rocky spots and/or any other info a boater/fisherman should know before setting out for the day.
Also looking for info on the boat launches, specifically the one by the provincial campground, is it in good condition or should I try somewhere else? Last time I launched my boat the bottom right side dropped off and the cap covering my wheel bearings ripped off and the bearings blew out leaving me stranded in Lac la Biche, $888.00 bucks later I was on my way,
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Banned

Couple of spots to look out for. The X at the north end of Pelican narrows is a sand reef that comes out from the west shore. Stay centre or more east side going by here. The X in Franchere Bay is rock, depending on water depth it may be out of the water, take it slow around here until you locate it. L is the best launch (Vezeau beach) on the lake. Entrance into Island Bay is very shallow, but lots of great spots to fish on the main lake.

Last edited by bobalong; 07-02-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Moose is up this year.

Prov park was closed last weekend so we all went to Franchere Bay instead.
All of the concrete ramp at the Franchere Bay campsite launch is underwater. My 18 foot jon / jet can launch pretty much anywhere,,,, but several fully decked out walleye boats from the Moose Lake tournament launched there last weekend without any issues (that I am aware of). Lots of scum along the shoreline there though.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:42 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Better get there before the slim rolls in....blue green algae.....if she gets hot out it gets gross but you got other lakes to hit if your out this way.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...