Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM

Default Michelle Lakes or Coral?

Last year two friends and I decided to do a heli-fishing trip to Lake of the Falls. We had an amazing day up there, it was beautiful country and the fishing was great. We decided to do a heli-fishing trip annually and this year we want to go after some Golden Trout.
We will be using them same company we used last year to get to Lake of the Falls and the two options for Golden Trout are Michelle Lakes and Coral Lake. I've read that we won't need our float tubes on Michelle Lakes because it drops off to over 70' around 20' from shore and they fish tend to stick close to shore. So far I haven't found too much about Coral.
Has anyone fished either of these lakes and have any info they would be willing to share.
Thanks a lot
I know there are posts just like this but they are a few years old so I decided to start my own.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 AM

There's a post from last year about some guys who hiked into Coral. Probably the most recent info you'll find on that lake.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-01-2018, 02:17 PM

Planning a trip into Michelle lake, if anybody can refer any flys to bring that would be great, thanks
Old 07-01-2018, 03:02 PM

It's been a long time since I was at Michelle Lakes - but we found the fish within casting distance of shore, and never used the float tube we brought. Very small, (#16 or less) dark nymphs worked for us - just in the surface film (like Griffiths ) or within a afoot or 2 from the surface (Pheasant-tail & Prince nymphs). They seem to cruise the shore line, looking up for food. Bring along a large zip-lock bag, so that you can admire your catch in a clear bag of water - rather than squeezing and dropping them while you fumble to take photographs of such a beautiful fish!