Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 PM

Default Bashaw Sports is the Greatest

Hey all, I just had the best experience I have had yet giving my money away.
Long story short, I have had a nightmare getting and finding my dream rifle, called Bashaw Sports south of Camrose and they had it!
Drove all the way out from Edmonton, bought it had them scope it up, bought ammo and another rifle for my kids, just because they were so good to deal with!
They even stayed open after hours to mount and bore sight the scope.
Excellent prices, Excellent service, and the best selection I have seen of hand guns, long guns and what ever else.
Worth the drive.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:27 PM

Yeah wait until next time you go in there and they won't even give you the time of day. I've spent many pennies in there with the exact service you described and then all of a sudden poof helpfulness and the awesome awesome service goes right out the window. I'm not the only one that's noticed this either. All of a sudden you can't even ask a question without them wanting more money. Glad it all worked out for ya though.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:29 PM

Yup love that place! I've bought 2 rifles from them over the phone so easy to deal with. Had them in my hands in 2 days. Both were rifles I had trouble finding in Calgary.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:01 PM

I have dealt with Pud and his staff for close to 30 years, and have always been treated well.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 PM

Bought 2 rifles there a couple years ago, excellent service .
Old 08-17-2013, 07:13 AM

Absolutely love that place. Small shop with that small town feeling where people will just talk for the heck of it and with a friendly smile where you don't feel pressured. Living in Calgary, it's line ups and people coming and going..............purchase your items and then leave............but also on another note, I know people like to groan about the staff at Wholesale in Calgary, never had problem with them either.

Getting back to Bashaw Sports, can't wait to pay my visit there again sometime!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Banned

never been there in person but i have dealt with them on the phone and recieved excellent service. bought an ammo clip that i couldn't find in edmonton. hope to stop in there one day.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:32 AM

I have bought several rifles and shotguns from Pud and he is the first person I call when I am looking for something, great deal with, excellent service, he has never jacked me around and has always treated me fair and square
Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 AM

I dont buy new rifles anywhere else their prices are excellent i picked up a model 7 predator for $599 brand new last year there i challenge you to even find a used one that cheap you wont i looked
Old 08-17-2013, 11:56 AM

Default Bashaw Sports.

Glad your experience there was good.

Ours was good there as well.

Until we had to go back for service issues.
Then the story changed very drastically.

I will never darken their door again.

Any place is great when you are buying new stuff. The test comes when they need to provide support or need a warranty issue dealt with.

Or make the dumb mistake of believing that they will provide gunsmithing within the timeline they promise. Or even with in a year of the time they promise.

Hope you enjoy your new guns and that they give you years of flawless service. Then your experience their can remain positive.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhaulerhunter View Post
Yeah wait until next time you go in there and they won't even give you the time of day. I've spent many pennies in there with the exact service you described and then all of a sudden poof helpfulness and the awesome awesome service goes right out the window. I'm not the only one that's noticed this either. All of a sudden you can't even ask a question without them wanting more money. Glad it all worked out for ya though.
Yes, it can be a rather bi-polar place at times.