Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-01-2018, 05:40 PM

Default Not really fishing related

I'm looking for old axe heads. Rusty broken handles what ever. Will pay for better quality ones. Tried kijiji with no luck. Not sure where else to go. Apparently they are not that easy to come by lol. Any help is appreciated thanks guys
Old 07-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Default Easy To Find Axes

I quess I was bored .... so I went to Kijji Red Deer .... where I live and just typed in axe .... and there were 5 axes for sale .... I am sure if you set search for "alberta" there would be more axes for sale .... hope this helps ... respectfully doyle ...
Old 07-01-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedOnKokanee View Post
I quess I was bored .... so I went to Kijji Red Deer .... where I live and just typed in axe .... and there were 5 axes for sale .... I am sure if you set search for "alberta" there would be more axes for sale .... hope this helps ... respectfully doyle ...
Looking for axes to restore. Should have made that clear. Not really looking for a fiberglass handle or your run of the mill crappy tire special
Old 07-02-2018, 02:41 AM

Check out some farm sales where they are selling everything on old farmyards. When I cleaned up my dad's farm site I had a pail full of ax heads. All were old. Everything from very big broad axes to the double head trailblazer axes to the tomahawk style of ax. All were probably made by blacksmiths and not foundries. They can sell pretty cheap at some farm sales. 5 to 10 bucks for a tomahawk head to 50 bucks for a nice broad ax head. Rural garage sales on old places might have some axes too. Most old farms had a lot of ax work clearing land. The big broad axes were only used for hewing logs so they are more the wall hanger type until needed. Antique malls in the major cities might have some old axes but you might pay more.

Chop chop...
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets