Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-05-2018, 09:11 PM

Default PRINCE RUPERT fishing report

Got back from Rupert yesterday. We limited out on halibut though the total average size and weight was less than last year. For example, the largest caught last year was 45 lbs and the largest this year was about 20.
For salmon, between 6 anglers on 2 boats, none were caught on the first day.
3 were caught on the second day and 8 caught on the last day. They ranged from about 4 lbs to 10 lbs and all were released because they were all springs. No coho. The guy doing the creel survey said he did measure 1 coho a couple of weeks previous.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texican View Post
Got back from Rupert yesterday. We limited out on halibut though the total average size and weight was less than last year. For example, the largest caught last year was 45 lbs and the largest this year was about 20.
For salmon, between 6 anglers on 2 boats, none were caught on the first day.
3 were caught on the second day and 8 caught on the last day. They ranged from about 4 lbs to 10 lbs and all were released because they were all springs. No coho. The guy doing the creel survey said he did measure 1 coho a couple of weeks previous.
Wowsers...
That 8 you spoke of might have been a high point from what I have been hearing. I just took a call from a guide who has pulled out of Rupert for the season and has directed all his clients to the Charlottes. Said he couldn't catch what wasn't there. Some serious frustration coming across the phone lines tonight. I do hope it changes for all those headed out.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:34 AM

Thats terrible news Jamie, the guides have a hard enough time making a go of it when there is fish around. I wonder what's going on could it be the never ending winter we had possibly have something to do with it? Hope it turns around we were suppose to leave next Saturday may have to rethink that and push it ahead.