Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2024, 09:29 AM

Default Tennis Elbow

Been suffering with som epretty bad tennis elbow for the past bit and was wondering if anyone has any ways to fix it or at least treat it?
Old 03-29-2024, 09:56 AM

https://youtu.be/dbDNrAWFadw?si=oeBa6jl7wE5D21gf

Following this guy helped me rid of my plantar fasciitis in a couple weeks never to return.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:04 AM

Try stripping the muscles from the elbow towards the wrist and the elbow to armpit. I used a gua sha scraping tool, fairly painful but effective for me.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
Been suffering with som epretty bad tennis elbow for the past bit and was wondering if anyone has any ways to fix it or at least treat it?
Mine just got worse and worse over time to point I couldn't us it. Referral from family doc to sports medicine doc in Calgary is good move.
Cortisone every three months helped but not really fixing it because when cortisone wore off it would be just as bad.
They ended up taking a needle and scratching heck out of tendon. Idea was so it would reheal right way. My whole arm was swollen black for months afterwards. I would post pics if I knew how. Was quite a thing to see.
Anyway I put a lot of work into praying and believing that it would get better and I kept active through the pain. I can't remember how long it took but it took twice as long as I figured it should but it did get better.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My first stop would be physio. These people deal with this stuff daily and if it can be fixed naturally they will know.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-29-2024, 11:13 AM

Radial Shockwave Therapy, Unpain Clinic in Edmonton sorted me right out.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:20 AM

Physio resolved my tendonitis in both elbows, around 20 years ago. But it took three different physiotherapists to find one that actually made any difference.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Physio resolved my tendonitis in both elbows, around 20 years ago. But it took three different physiotherapists to find one that actually made any difference.
When I first saw my doctor he used to give me the give it time speech. Then it dragged on and kept going back to him and then sent me to physio which did nothing. Was only until my arm useless that sent me to sports medicine but when I went to see them they said it was chronic for to long and probably would not get better. It did but took long time.
There is another treatment but its expensive where they would have *****ed my tendon a bunch of times and injected I think its called platlet enriched plasma.
Anyway I just thought it was funny how they kept telling me to give it time and then all of a sudden started saying it was to late.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:10 PM

What helped me was a physio visit to confirm best exercises… then a good sports massage therapist to work tendons, muscles and facia. This plus rest and ice and heat over time.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-29-2024, 09:52 PM

Dry needling worked for me but it hurts like a sumbitch when they stick those needles in.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:59 AM

Any reputable physo will be able to sot you out. If they can’t sort you out within a half dozen visits they ain’t reputable.

Key other than that is determining what caused the tennis elbow in the first place and solving that issue otherwise it’s going to come back. The most common culprits these days unsupported elbows at improper angle dangling while typing for frequent periods on a keyboard, excessive use of smart device (ex: phone) via same reasons, and playing tennis/squash.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Any reputable physo will be able to sot you out. If they can’t sort you out within a half dozen visits they ain’t reputable.

Key other than that is determining what caused the tennis elbow in the first place and solving that issue otherwise it’s going to come back. The most common culprits these days unsupported elbows at improper angle dangling while typing for frequent periods on a keyboard, excessive use of smart device (ex: phone) via same reasons, and playing tennis/squash.
Likely the exact reasons for my flare up.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:09 AM

Playing golf causes tennis elbow.
Never ever play golf. Go fishing/ hunting.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:26 PM

Google starting strength tennis elbow.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
Fishing Elbow. It's a thing.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post

I developed tennis elbow from fishing. It was actually from jigging walleye when I was guiding.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:09 PM

Quote:
My physio person had me doing stretches along with a bunch of different strength training exercises with 2-5 lb weights. It took a couple months but there was a very significant improvement. Go and see a physio therapist and I would imagine they can help you out.