Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-05-2014, 09:31 AM

Default lowrance elite 7 info

I am looking at the lowrance elite 7 sonar gps combo to replace old eagle that I have would like any info some one might have on this model thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickell View Post
I am looking at the lowrance elite 7 sonar gps combo to replace old eagle that I have would like any info some one might have on this model thanks
I just did the EXACT same thing. (Down imaging, sonar, mapping, gps model) $900 at Cabelas, $750 at The Fishin Hole is about the most important info I can give you for starters. Also if you buy before June 15 you qualify for a $100 mail in rebate. I just mounted mine in my boat this week, going to test it out this weekend. If you haven't bought one by next week I'll give you a review if you like.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:48 AM

I have one on my boat, I love it. Does everything I need it to, I didn't want to spend the extra cash to get side imaging and I thought this was a good compromise. Pretty good value for the price-point.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:51 PM

i love mine, I dont have the down imaging. The bigger screen makes it a much better unit for the money than an HDS 5. Shows walleyes laying on the bottom and trout mixed in the middle of a school of baitfish no problem. Only drawback is if you already have a navionics SD card as this unit only takes the micro SD cards so you will need to buy another one. If you don't already have the card no worries.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:48 AM

Have both a 7 and 5 on board they work nice no complaints set up the 7as a flasher for icefishing did not work good as a flasher but still was good for gps and saving waypoints

Mack
Old 06-06-2014, 06:36 AM

I absolutely love mine, large screen real estate alone is superb, quick access to a variety of settings, downscan, 3 screens and great mapping with the Navatronic s chip. Outclasses my Hummingbird for the same $.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 PM

They are great units. The big screen size is rally hard to beat at that price. They're fully compatible with Insight Genesis too, and they can be networked with other Elite and HDS units to share waypoints and tracks with a NEMA 2000 system.