Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-02-2010, 12:19 PM

Default How to put a damper on a good evening out

Well it was a good evening of walleye fishing with family we caught and carefully released some nice plump eyes not able to even take ONE home to have a taste as we left the not so very big fickel lake at 9pm to find a group of men that our fed. gov. said are allowed to gill net to feed there family get out of there 60000.00 dollar jacked up 4x4 get in to a boat and go set nets for the night so much for tax dollars stocking this lake what a ^^&&ing joke
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Politics
Old 06-02-2010, 03:47 PM

Subsistence/treaty rights fishing in a stocked lake.... grrrrrrrr. Might as well just cut out the middle man and give every one of them that shows up with a rod some cash, leave the fish alone. How about this? Make subsistence fishing totally catch and release. Catch a fish, put it in a live well, take all your fish to the "subsistence office" on the shore, get $5 for each fish. Your family gets fed, the fish get returned to the lake, less stocking required and fish still there for other anglers.

I've been here too long... I sense my neck turning a slightly brighter shade... LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM

if they actually ate some it would not be so bad, but they load them up in beat up old trucks, and sell them on the side of the road for $5.00 per lb. There was an old guy right on the corner of hwy 16 and 17 all winter long, with frozen fish in the back of his truck. How the hell is that legal???
Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
if they actually ate some it would not be so bad, but they load them up in beat up old trucks, and sell them on the side of the road for $5.00 per lb. There was an old guy right on the corner of hwy 16 and 17 all winter long, with frozen fish in the back of his truck. How the hell is that legal???
There's an area SW of DV , out in the Brazeau area that the Braz meets the N. sask. called the forks, on Aug. 15th, thru' the '80's.. you wanna see the camp that was set up there with motor homes, 5th wheele trailers , full kitchen and I kid u not a 45' reefer van, in the elk breeding grounds for subsistence hunting. Every license plate on every unit was from Saskatchewan ( actually a reserve just out of PA). The whole game management thing is a joke until the SRD gets this under control!!!!...I guess it's the Gov't. can't blame SRD for this nonsense!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
There's an area SW of DV , out in the Brazeau area that the Braz meets the N. sask. called the forks, on Aug. 15th, thru' the '80's.. you wanna see the camp that was set up there with motor homes, 5th wheele trailers , full kitchen and I kid u not a 45' reefer van, in the elk breeding grounds for subsistence hunting. Every license plate on every unit was from Saskatchewan ( actually a reserve just out of PA). The whole game management thing is a joke until the SRD gets this under control!!!!...I guess it's the Gov't. can't blame SRD for this nonsense!!!!
Nope,, no one to blame but you and I because we let it happen.. How about we turn the tables for once and do a bit of protesting and shut some roads down,, then we might get a change.. But as long as we are censored,, (on places like this) we will never get a change..

A REVALUTION YOU SAY ??? yah lets get at er !!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:02 AM

Yup and to think not very long ago the barry mitchel guide said if you catch a walleye in the lake call fish and wildlife in Edson and let them know. I have been going to that lake since I was a kid. Way back then walleye were very catchable, then the lake took a big hit, not sure why and they had to start stocking it. Now you can go out and catch a bunch, not huge but fun for the kids. I will be camping there in a couple weeks. I never thought this little lake would be netted. Too bad, wont be long before some damage is done, just when it was getting good. Oh ya and we are restricted to catch and release but we have to watch the sustinence nets go in.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 AM

Where was the guy with his pellut gun when you need him?