Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 06-27-2015, 10:02 AM

Default Quebec Salmon

Hi all, just looking for some info on a Quebec trip.... Anyone have any experiences they would like to share? I would like to keep it as cheap as possible (not $6999/week/pp) Not sure if there is any DIY available in Quebec or not??? We are specifically looking for rivers that are notorious for big fish. I would prefer to only catch a couple big fish in the week and not touch a grilse than go somewhere and catch 5 grilse a day and no prospect of a large fish. Anything would help, thanks!
Old 06-27-2015, 05:54 PM

I know you said Quebec , but this place in known for large runs of salmon worth checking out for sure . http://www.flowersriver.com
Old 06-27-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo955 View Post
Hi all, just looking for some info on a Quebec trip.... Anyone have any experiences they would like to share? I would like to keep it as cheap as possible (not $6999/week/pp) Not sure if there is any DIY available in Quebec or not??? We are specifically looking for rivers that are notorious for big fish. I would prefer to only catch a couple big fish in the week and not touch a grilse than go somewhere and catch 5 grilse a day and no prospect of a large fish. Anything would help, thanks!
Haven't fished for Atlantic Salmon in years. As I remember it is pretty hard to fish in Quebec. I think it pretty much work as the draws here.

You are pretty much using an outfitter. Most of my experience is in the Gaspe peninsula. I can recommend the Matapedia, Casacapedia and Bonaventure rivers. They are great Salmon rivers. The Bonaventure River also have public access as well. Not sure about the other ones.