Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 02:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Where did I say that I want to harass spawning fish? Please do not accuse me of something I never said or done... never fished during spawn or planning to do that. To clarify, by saying huge spawners I mean large size, mature fish which is best at spawning and producing most viable fry - not the fish caught during spawn.
Why me thinking that it is ridiculous to pay for tags when you already paid for fishing licence is laughable? You have lakes where you can catch 50-60 walleye a day but government wants you to pay extra for 1 keeper? How is this making any sense???
Anyway, I don't expect you to agree. You can keep enjoying catching and releasing 50-60 small walleye a day - this kind of fishing is not for me and certainly not for everybody.

Hes right again , also he never said he was doing anything to harass spawners , it was the other chap who said they caught and released 50/60 fish , and his finger prints and bacteria are now all over them fish threatning disease
Old 06-26-2017, 03:22 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBATTEREDBEER View Post
Lots of crazy posts on here!! So to be clear,if the fish are biting crazy I should just catch my limit "if the lake has a limit" ,pack up and go home?Glad I spent $600 on fuel and food,40k+ on a boat,bought my tags and fishing license for 30 yrs to do this!

Guess what I will fish til it hurts when the bite is on,I gave up on hunting because of all the stupid rules and no trespassing signs every second field.I pay my taxes,I bought my own toys,my license,tags etc...I will fish on!

To the original poster,keep on fishin,its your right!

Just the opposite for me , lf l get up at 5am to go fishing , spend 100 bucks for gas etc , then get to the lake just to release every fish l catch , that's a joke , l love to eat fish , why would l throw any back if l,m allowed to keep 3 .
lf some of you like to fish just to play it out ,and then release it , what kind of fun is that .
Go home in your back yard , tie your fishing line to your dogs collar , or make a lasso out of your line , throw it at your dog , and catch him around his neck , and WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO dog onnnn, , dog will make runs back and forth , he may even jump , you can holler woooo eeeeeeee, and when he gets tired , then you can release him and try again , sound stupid , yes , same as catch and release , ohhhhhhh , forgot , you can kiss your dog too after you release him , same as you do with your fish , GREAT FUN , and look at the money you,ll save , and you wont have to clean any fish.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 AM

To continually derail a thread with worthless dribble unrelated to the original post, like you have with this one, is disrespectful. Now you have the peanut gallery chirping in as well.

Go start another thread. And bring a fire extinguisher with you.

If people who are interested in having that conversation with you will contribute to that thread.

I would like to thank the OP from posting this thread, I'm glad you had a good time out at Travers and thanks for posting pictures. Many of us love to see how others are making out and see what their catching. Next time you are up this way, give me a call, we can get out to Wabamun where we met last time. I enjoyed meeting with you.

The walleye fishing there is insane !!!! Seems like you park your boat and they just jump into your lap !!! lol
Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
To continually derail a thread with worthless dribble unrelated to the original post, like you have with this one, is disrespectful. Now you have the peanut gallery chirping in as well.

If people who are interested in having that conversation with you will contribute to that thread.

I would like to thank the OP from posting this thread, I'm glad you had a good time out at Travers and thanks for posting pictures. Many of us love to see how others are making out and see what their catching. Next time you are up this way, give me a call, we can get out to Wabamun where we met last time. I enjoyed meeting with you.

The walleye fishing there is insane !!!! Seems like you park your boat and they just jump into your lap !!! lol
This ^^^^^
Dodger
Old 06-26-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

I will have to take you up on your offer as I live in Red Deer now and could drive up now problem.

The fishing here really turned on the last 2 years. Before it was hard to catch anything other than 10" fish and crayfish at the spillway, but this year and last have been awesome. Barely any crayfish and lots of big fish. Last year my biggest was 28"
Old 06-26-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
Just the opposite for me , lf l get up at 5am to go fishing , spend 100 bucks for gas etc , then get to the lake just to release every fish l catch , that's a joke , l love to eat fish , why would l throw any back if l,m allowed to keep 3 .
lf some of you like to fish just to play it out ,and then release it , what kind of fun is that .
Go home in your back yard , tie your fishing line to your dogs collar , or make a lasso out of your line , throw it at your dog , and catch him around his neck , and WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO dog onnnn, , dog will make runs back and forth , he may even jump , you can holler woooo eeeeeeee, and when he gets tired , then you can release him and try again , sound stupid , yes , same as catch and release , ohhhhhhh , forgot , you can kiss your dog too after you release him , same as you do with your fish , GREAT FUN , and look at the money you,ll save , and you wont have to clean any fish.
You hunt right? That's just idiotic. Why would anyone spend money on fuel for scouting, fuel for hunting, cartridges, an arsenal of guns, wake up at ungodly hours, buy skinning knives, buy scopes, spend hours training dogs to point/flush/retrieve, purchase quads to help retrieve game, pay for licensing and tags, etc etc etc, when you can just buy a cow from a farmer or a pack of pork chops from the store to get your protein. Why waste hours and hours in the field each fall when you can be at home helping raise your family or making money to better support your family? I just don't get it.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:17 PM

What many seem to forget, is that catch and release is just another fish management tool. A tool that allows more fishing opportunities and allows larger populations and quality fisheries.

Times have changed from fishing for food to fishing for sport. Change is hard for some.

Limits are provided to help manage fish stocks. While they may not be to your individual tastes, they are pretty good and I think getting better.
People were pushing for better walleye fishing after walleye crashed in much of Alberta. Catch and release and with lower limits. They got it!
Walleye fisheries more or less shut down and low limits have impacted other species like pike and perch. People had to eat something. Now they are imposing 0 limits for pike in many water bodies. They too will recover.
Lots of fishermen/women in Alberta and limited fishing opportunities make catch and release necessary in Alberta and in most of the rest of the world!

Once again, sorry OP.

edit: I also will support those that wish to keep a fish if it is possible to do so. But I will not support anyone trying to get rid of catch and release.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 06-26-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You hunt right? That's just idiotic. Why would anyone spend money on fuel for scouting, fuel for hunting, cartridges, an arsenal of guns, wake up at ungodly hours, buy skinning knives, buy scopes, spend hours training dogs to point/flush/retrieve, purchase quads to help retrieve game, pay for licensing and tags, etc etc etc, when you can just buy a cow from a farmer or a pack of pork chops from the store to get your protein. Why waste hours and hours in the field each fall when you can be at home helping raise your family or making money to better support your family? I just don't get it.

OHHHHHHH ,but you forget one important thing , l don't release my game once l CATCHUM , l eatum