Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 07:12 PM
Banned

Default Be safe this Christmas

In the last 24 hours I saw two motor vehicle accidents and one pedestrian VS vehicle.
Those were just the ones I witnessed.
This week there have been many tragedies especially involving young people.

While you are frantically going about your last minute Christmas shopping, give yourself some extra time.

The best gift you can give is your self,
Alive and well.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Banned

I was on the Henday yesterday at about 5:30PM.
All I can say is some people need to seriously give their head a shake. It was like every moron who ever lived decided to go for a drive. Like you said, no need to rush, get there in one piece and try not to kill your or someone else's family in the process.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Banned

Bumped because of the highway 43 pile ups.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:57 AM

Default high accident area near us on Trans Canada

Intersection of Indus Road where chestermere high school students often have accidents. Drops from 110 on highway to 80 with "new" signs and flags to get everyones attention. See many people blowing through this new speed trap every time I am on it. yesterday coming home from last minute shopping for a few things weather was terrible with blowing snow which caused most people to take their time. Speed zone ends at east chestermere road. Car blew right through stop sign entering trans canada highway causing many to brake. Cant legislate stupidity. I thought it was silly to change speed limit to avoid collisions by new drivers and young students but the guy driving the car through the stop sign was middle aged.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:23 PM

Hey WW that seems to happen a lot on the East Trans-Canada, and not just by Indus.
I've seen lots of morons not stopping at minor intersections on to the highway, on my way to Strathmore at times.
Can't figure it out. Doesn't happen in the West much.
Are people out there "entitled", or does something in the water supply give them "bad timing"?
Old 12-24-2017, 12:40 PM

Default see it far too frequently

Used to take the Harley in each sunday morning to the Harley Owners Breakfast around 8 AM. Not sure how many times the middle aged and elderly dressed in their sunday best on way to church blew across Trans canada at either Rainbow, Indus or East Chestermere Road. Couple times they had no idea I was coming straight at their drivers door at 110 until I got that deer in the headlight look of terror from them glancing east after already entering the trans canada highway. Guess if you dont stop at stop signs sooner or later it will be a transport truck that will wake you up rudely.