Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-06-2021, 02:53 PM

Default Crawling Valley Marina

They are closing and draining the marina for upgrades Sept. 14th. The old east facing concrete launch will still be useable until Sept. 30 when the campground and therefore the launch is closed til ice up. Also the main gate now open at 8 AM.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:54 PM

I heard that also. Any idea what they're doing? Nice little marina!
Old 09-08-2021, 08:01 AM

roper; for what it's worth the maintenance crew indicated the ramp was to be expanded to two lanes. BUT I have to believe they will also take the "empty the marina" opportunity to include other "to do items". I was told they will build a coffer dam and drain / pump out the marina area. I have observed the 100 m causeway into the marina does need some work as a number of areas appear to have tunnels dug into them etc.

All hearsay.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:13 PM

Damn it I'm supposed to go fishing with my boat the week of the 20th. If the wind is crappy the lake launch will also be. Nowhere to tie up when by yourself.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:20 PM

Coffer dam easy to plug that narrow entrance. I'm all for upgrades whatever they may be. That's a nice little fishery fairly close to home. EID & a great volunteer bunch have made a few bucks there, awesome to see it re-invested!
Old 09-08-2021, 05:30 PM

I love that fishery, friends, newbie's, my grown kids, neighbours, and gkids all have a blast. The remaining launch is tough, and more so to do alone, especially in any wind. PM me and maybe we can help each other.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Coffer dam easy to plug that narrow entrance. I'm all for upgrades whatever they may be. That's a nice little fishery fairly close to home. EID & a great volunteer bunch have made a few bucks there, awesome to see it re-invested!
Love the place and the work they have done over the years. Wonder what they will do with all the fish that hang out and get trapped in the marine? looking forward to the up grades
Old 09-12-2021, 08:19 AM

I called yesterday and no hearsay in the thread.....Everything is true.

Starting tomorrow Sept 13th or 14th:

The marina is closed

The main thing is to widen the existing ramp

Repair the canal somewhat

No detail in the existing fish in the marina, maybe pump or bail them out?

The north ramp at the windsock will stay open until September 30. It will reopen when the ice is thick enough for safe passage.

That's all I have....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:06 PM

Took a drive out today to look. They have partially dug out for the second ramp. There is a small dam halfway down the exit canal with a pump going and the marina water level down 6 feet or so. The docks are still in place. I remember when they knocked down a group of trees and turned a small slough into the marina, late that year. The EID can throw lots of men and machinery at a project like this once the irrigation season is over.