Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 PM

Default jim nelson

Has anyone been out to the jim nelson trout pond recently or know if they still stock it? Havnt been out there since i moved from devon years ago and was wondering how that little pond is doing
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsxfirebird View Post
Has anyone been out to the jim nelson trout pond recently or know if they still stock it? Havnt been out there since i moved from devon years ago and was wondering how that little pond is doing
I can't tell you if it is still stocked or not, a friend of mine fished it last year for half a day and didn't get a bite. Believe he was using bobber and worms. I grew up in Devon and moved away about 10 years ago, the whole time I was there I never knew about the pond. You could always give the NSR a try, think there is still a stocked walleye/trout pond upstream of Devon along the NSR. You can google map it, access is from graminia road.
#1 win the lottery (so I could fish everyday)
#2 & 3 still thinking.....
Old 10-12-2014, 01:31 PM

I fished it in September for a few hours. Tried powerbait, spoons and other lures. No bites, no activity on the surface. Looked kind of fishless. There might be a few in there though since it is aerated.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 PM

Ya i asked a few people and they never seen anything when they were out, its a shame there were alot of 40-50cm trout in there last time i fished it about 4 years ago, was thinking about it while i was at chickakoo the other day and just wondered if anyone knew anything
Old 10-12-2014, 09:08 PM

Last time I drove past a week or so ago it looked like there is some kind of development east of the parking lot. Looked like they dozed some trees and dirt.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets