Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 PM

Default Chain Report and Pine Coulee

Well, today was the first time in many years the I got skunked. Had a couple of hits at Chain, but couldn't land anything. Was there for over 2 hours.

Tried PCR for the first time ever. Didn't catch anything, but the four people I spoke to weren't catching anything either. (1 walleye) I'll try it again at a later date.

John.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00516.JPG (150.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM

Any one else at PC today , planning to go down there tomorow. Any more info on PC would be great , don't really want to head down there if there was poor fishin for everyone today, any tips greatly appreciated... thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 08:11 PM

tend to catch mostly burbs myself there. Fish within 75 yards of shore and you will catch them. On the bottom with smelts is what I use.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:25 AM

Got out to chain before the rush showed up, had 3 right off of the bat slowed down till early afternoon, we let some go then we picked up our last 5 and headed for PCR
Heard it was slow all day between the 2 of us we had 5 walleye and 3 burbs.
Some guys were hitting them really well tonight we were slow.

First time to either of these places and I had alot of fun.
Just finished skinning,filleting, cooking and eating my first burbot.
Lotta work for a bit of meat, but I have to say it is dam good.

All in all a good day I figure we had 23 fish landed and just as many spitting the hook

If you are going to either of these places be very carefull all the ice is like glass,

I went down a few times today, good thing us young guys bounce.
Not like all you old farts

Have fun out there I know I sure did
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 AM

Default Ice

Nice to hear you caught some fish. Just a quick tip if you are going to do a lot of fishing on ice especially where there is not much snow. Pickup some cleats to put on your boots so you don't end up falling. You can hurt yourself pretty bad with a good wipe out on slick ice. We bought some a couple years back and would not go without unless we are on a snow filled lake.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:41 AM

Default Same Circut

Was out on Saturday with my two boys and did the same circut. We hit Chain first and landed about 30 of the little bow's in about 4 hours. The kids were fired up so we decided to head to Pine Coulee for the evening fish. Caught about 10 walleye and landed 2 burbs. We had many hits but had a real hard time getting a good hook set with the burbs. They seemed to really be gentle on the hit. Anyway was a great day!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscott View Post
Got out to chain before the rush showed up, had 3 right off of the bat slowed down till early afternoon, we let some go then we picked up our last 5 and headed for PCR
Heard it was slow all day between the 2 of us we had 5 walleye and 3 burbs.
Some guys were hitting them really well tonight we were slow.

First time to either of these places and I had alot of fun.
Just finished skinning,filleting, cooking and eating my first burbot.
Lotta work for a bit of meat, but I have to say it is dam good.

All in all a good day I figure we had 23 fish landed and just as many spitting the hook

If you are going to either of these places be very carefull all the ice is like glass,

I went down a few times today, good thing us young guys bounce.
Not like all you old farts

Have fun out there I know I sure did
Hey brian sorry we missed you yesterday. I think we say you on the south end by the dam in the middle when we pulled up. WE decided to go further down towards the middle because I always have better luck. Paid off we landed about 40 fish between the two of us from 11am to 3pm. Didnt go to pine coulee and glad we didnt. We are gonna try towards the middle of Feb.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Pine coulee

Was at Pine Coulee Saturday evening. Landed a dozen burbs (all small) + one walleye between 2 of us; significantly slower than the last coupla trips there. Did see a guy with a burb pushing 10 lbs on the ice; nice to know there are some bigguns in there!