Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Default The Shockey bow

Hey guys was at wholesale in edmonton yesterday and tried out the new Jim Shockey bow and found it not to be very comfortable in my hand but it had lots of power and shoots really nice not to bad to pull back either its kind of a beast just wondering your thoughts on it

Last edited by CannyHunter; 07-30-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannyHunter View Post
Hey guys was at wholesale in edmonton yesterday and tried out the new Jim Shockey bow and found it not to be very comfortable in my hand but it had lots of power and shoots really nice not to bad to pull back either its kind of a beast just wondering your thoughts on it
Who makes it? I never even heard they were coming out with one, seems funny though, since he uses a muzzleloader...
Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM

yeah i thought that was kind of funny to and alpine make the bow and i dont think i have ever seen jim shoot any thing but a muzzle loader lol

Last edited by CannyHunter; 07-30-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Unless things have changed Jim Shockey shoots an Alpine.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM

yeah your right it is an alpine my mistake got them mixed up
Old 07-30-2009, 02:41 PM

would you trust your life on it
Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

Seems that he would depend his life on anything that anyone will pay him money to hold in his hand. never seen or herd of him shooting a bow. Only holding it in a commercial.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
Seems that he would depend his life on anything that anyone will pay him money to hold in his hand. never seen or herd of him shooting a bow. Only holding it in a commercial.
You don't watch much TV then.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:17 PM

He has the wrong last name to endorse a bow. "Shockey Bow" is not what you look for with a bow!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDraw View Post
He has the wrong last name to endorse a bow. "Shockey Bow" is not what you look for with a bow!
actually I kinda like a bit of hand shock myself, gives me some feedback.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
actually I kinda like a bit of hand shock myself, gives me some feedback.
Sounds like the Shockey bow is for you then!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
You don't watch much TV then.
Ya guess you dont know me or my Job or you wouldnt make that statement!Quite a few of Jims bowhunting videos out there then I guess. Maybe ill have to look harder as I look at the video shelves in most sporting good stores and havent seen one yet. And im thinking the amount that I watched Wild TV last winter and this spring that I would have saw almost every eposode of every show on there. But guess I missed them ones. Oh well not a big Jim fan anyways.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 PM

I've seen 2 shows where he's bow hunted. He's pumping up Alpine, I remember traumatic stuff like that.

IIRC he starts with a bow in one show and then wimps out and uses his smoke pole.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned

Guess if your paid enough you will do what ever.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:32 AM

Sheep,
If you were offered a very profitable sponsorship with a company whose product that you did not use, I suggest that you would accept it.

Jim is just a man like the rest of us. Is he perfect? No. Is he damn entertaining to watch? Sure is!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 08-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
Sheep,
If you were offered a very profitable sponsorship with a company whose product that you did not use, I suggest that you would accept it.

Jim is just a man like the rest of us. Is he perfect? No. Is he damn entertaining to watch? Sure is!
Ya did I say I would yurn it down? NO Did I say he wasnt entertaining? NO

You watch him if you wish but ill keep changing the channel when he is on.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:26 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
You watch him if you wish but ill keep changing the channel when he is on.

I thought you said above you'd seen everyone of his episodes. How would you know if he bow hunts or not if you never watch him? I'm so confused.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

If H&R wanted to sponsor me and the gun they gave me was a WSM I would still take their money and claim that peice of garbage was the greatest gun I'd ever seen.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

Well Mr. SH id admit I liked Jims shows back when the shows were all about hunting but now I only leave it on to see if its one of them shows or one of his new travel documenties. Sorry im not like the rest of you guys that idolize these television show hosts. I dont. I idolize the guys out there working to get these super hunters there SUPER SLAMS and guiding them to 4/5 of the animals they kill. But I guess guys gotta look up to someone and if that some one has an uncanny nack for filming hunts for mule deer does then so be it.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Well Mr. SH id admit I liked Jims shows back when the shows were all about hunting but now I only leave it on to see if its one of them shows or one of his new travel documenties. Sorry im not like the rest of you guys that idolize these television show hosts. I dont. I idolize the guys out there working to get these super hunters there SUPER SLAMS and guiding them to 4/5 of the animals they kill. But I guess guys gotta look up to someone and if that some one has an uncanny nack for filming hunts for mule deer does then so be it.
Wouldn't say I idolize Jim but I know him well and like and respect him as a person and respect his business savvy.

So, just so we don't have any misunderstandings, when either Jim or I have a guide licence in our pocket and we are out there working to help hunters achieve their goals, you idolize us but when I'm filming a great day in the outdoors where we are getting some meat for the freezer by killing some mule deer does, you have no respect for me. Is that what you're saying?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Wouldn't say I idolize Jim but I know him well and like and respect him as a person and respect his business savvy.

So, just so we don't have any misunderstandings, when either Jim or I have a guide licence in our pocket and we are out there working to help hunters achieve their goals, you idolize us but when I'm filming a great day in the outdoors where we are getting some meat for the freezer by killing some mule deer does, you have no respect for me. Is that what you're saying?
When Jim guided full time yes as the new traveling telemarketer he is now no not really. He has done very well in buisness and he has gone more into that than the hunting in my opinion.
And as far as you go SH plobably not the best to put down on here what I honestly think of you.
I was just wondering where you do all this guiding at?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:56 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
When Jim guided full time yes as the new traveling telemarketer he is now no not really. He has done very well in buisness and he has gone more into that than the hunting in my opinion.
And as far as you go SH plobably not the best to put down on here what I honestly think of you.
I was just wondering where you do all this guiding at?
You might be surprised where and what I've guided Darcy......your own Stone Mountain was working hard to convince me to guide sheep last year with them. Likely lots you don't know about me....
Old 08-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
You might be surprised where and what I've guided Darcy......your own Stone Mountain was working hard to convince me to guide sheep last year with them. Likely lots you don't know about me....
Likely there is alot I dont know aboutyou but still dosent change my opinion. I do know a little more about you than what you think though. It doesnt bother me that you and your weekend worrier followers bad mouth me and gang up but im not going anywhere. You are no better and know the same amount as most guys on here and there are a few more guys that relize that now.

Guess ill have to see which camp Stone Mtn. wanted you in when I get up there this week
Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 PM
sheephunter

Ya, Ken said they were pretty desperate for sheep guides in 2008 and he was really keen to get me up there. You started there in 2008 didn't you?

Quote:
You are no better and know the same amount as most guys on here
Couldn't agree more!

Last edited by sheephunter; 08-01-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
why so disrespectful?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Gone Hunting

Hey Darc, You know this guiding thing you maintain as the reason you beleive your so much better than anyone else,,,, it aint the be all end all. Theres folks on here that would bet money, and lots of it (against a loud mouth) that they could tag out a bad client before you could tag out a good client, on any hunt Alberta has to offer up. Before ya keep on with the "Darcy Show" and slamming abunch of guys you really dont know, stop and think..... Sorry man, it is what it is.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Hey Darc, You know this guiding thing you maintain as the reason you beleive your so much better than anyone else,,,, it aint the be all end all. Theres folks on here that would bet money, and lots of it (against a loud mouth) that they could tag out a bad client before you could tag out a good client, on any hunt Alberta has to offer up. Before ya keep on with the "Darcy Show" and slamming abunch of guys you really dont know, stop and think..... Sorry man, it is what it is.
x2....

I get the impression that SG seems to think that he is the end all be all in the hunting world. I have little doubt that he has no idea the knowledge, skill, experience, etc that is out there. I just get sick of hearing how much better a person THINKS they are.....
Old 08-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ya, Ken said they were pretty desperate for sheep guides in 2008 and he was really keen to get me up there. You started there in 2008 didn't you?
Nope guided there in 07 SH and took 08 off . Guess thats why they needed a sheep guide in 08. They ended up getting Danny Leonard to guide for them. You should know him SH. Ken no longer works there either. As 08 was the last year he worked for the owner of Stone Mtn. And to all you guys that are out there that beleive that I think im better than everyone, well beleive what you wish. There are alot of guys that know alot more than I do and I admit this on alot of my posts. As far as the guiding thing Wes, I do look up to guides before writers and TV hosts! I never said it made someone better than another. And if what I write bothers you all so bad then I guess you better get bigger shoulders because its all my opinion and im going to put it down. If you need a tissue when im done we can arrange something for you. If you dont agree with my opinions then type your own. In the end you will like me or hate me and ill feel the same about you. But im not gunna change the way I feel about things because a bunch of guys on here are offended.

Oh and your comment about slamming people Wes. I only really slam one guy. And trust me I get my fair share of slamming,(mainly threats in PM's) do I cry and whine about it? No.

Last edited by sheepguide; 08-02-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Gone Hunting

Theres no question in my mind about wether or not you are a killer Darc. Just be cautious about lumping good hands with hacks. There are afew of each around. Schwank is a good hand, but thats not my place. It has been entertaining for sure... Sometimes it might not look too good, but your not wrong to be standin tall and voicing your opinion. Ive got myself in some real world class wrecks on here in the past, but,,,, better to let it out and sit in shame, than hold it in and sit in pain!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 08-02-2009, 09:24 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Oh and your comment about slamming people Wes. I only really slam one guy. And trust me I get my fair share of slamming,(mainly threats in PM's) do I cry and whine about it? No.
Why target anyone to slam SG??? Kinda seems counterproductive to the spirit of the board. I mean everyone has their tiffs on here but to single out one person to constantly slam seems a bit obsessive. I mean I know you don't like Jim but your constant slamming of him doesn't seem to serve any purpose that I can see. If you ever met him in person you'd quite possibly like him......