Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 PM

is clear lake open for fishing right now?
can't find it in regs
Old 04-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned

yes it is open all year
Old 09-25-2010, 05:30 PM

I know it has been a while for this thread but where at clear lake is that from the dock to the north or south do i park at the boat launch and walk or off a road?? I want some pike for a good fight.

Rob
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 PM

We were at Clear first thing Saturday morning. Weather was going to be nice so why not put a long rod in the water when you still have the chance!!!! Weeds are not friendly by any means, but they are most definately letting up. I am not sure they will be entirely out of the way by ice on, but if you have a strong rod... strong line.. and a strong arm... you just might be successful. Roads there are a mess... and if you don't have a 4x4 I would not advise trying to get through. Some parts are very deep and very wet and muddy. I noticed in an earlier post someone said bite was on and then it dropped off entirely. That too was our experience. Early early bite... and then nothing at all. Just a small note to those that might be thinking of heading out any time soon! P.S. the guy in the video with the flaming C has taste!!!! Awesome video.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 PM

so mabye I am not at the right clear lake, It is east of stavely right? I was on the rock outlet Sun morning for an hour I did see a road with a sign saying no thru road, being I was in the jetta and not my 3/4 ton gm I did go a little ways up but wasent to sure how bad it would get. I really wanna catch the pike I wanna fight, but not 100\\\\\\5 sure I'm doing it right.
Hope somebody can guide me in the right direction.
Thanks Rob
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 PM

Well if you love your V dub do not enter those roads!! If you know rain has fallen then love the car and not your rod!!! (Shush.... to those that might disagree!!) The problem with the roads that travel around the lakeside is that in some portions you don't have the opportunity to turn around. Always take your truck. A car is not wise... and we witnessed a PT cruiser stop and they ankle expressed the road to see how far they could or may have gotten. ( if you are on this msg forum... hello by the way! ) I have always told ppl that for the most part this is a boat friendly lake. You do not have many options shore fishing, and then again I too could be wrong about that since I have only ventured out and found 1 spot here or there from time to time. For the shore fisherman... the options in my opinion are very limited.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Default clear lake

Hey there guys/girls, heading to clear lake this weekend to hopefully hook into some fair sized pike any hints or sudgestions for me would be great!!
great site, lovin the stories and pics!!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Default Spawning grounds

Just a question for all you guys. Since Clear lake is open all year people can fish the spawning grounds any time. I go out to the spawning grounds to watch the giant pike roll and just cruise the shallows its an awesome sight!! Kinda makes me sad to go there and see 4 boats in there pulling out the spawners and take them home. What does everyone else think on that? Just curious
Old 05-30-2011, 11:36 AM

Which part of the lake were you guys fishing at, because I went there with the family and couldn't find a place to fish. I would really appreciate it if you would reply. Thanks ~Daniel
Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 PM

Unhappy

Another collapsed fishery due to the internet