Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Default messed up

so ive been out bear hunting every few days or so. have been seeing some small bears for awhile but tonight i seen the big boy ive been looking for. he's at least 6' from nose to tail and a huge white patch on his chest that runs right up to his chin . i seen him in a small wood cut out and put on a stalk but he busted me bad when i snapped some old dried wood. he booked it about 250 yrds and i pulled the trigger when he stopped to look back. i never accounted for the extra distance and blew it ... a question for more experienced bear guys ..... will he stick around this area since i spooked him bad or is he a write off. and if not is tommorow too soon to be in the area?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 PM

there is a good chance he will be close by, but i wouldnt count on him being in the same cut block a bear can cruise miles and miles in aday looking for food. i would hunt the general area hard tho he might mess up again.
good luck
Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

The way the boars are travelling right now he could be anywhere by now. Might be 200 yards away might be 20 miles away.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM

If he's a good sized boar you should try using those sow in heat bear bombs in that area. Might work.....it's worth a try.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Hears the thing, big deal you missed, so what! At least you tried and I suggest you keep trying. Black bears have a wide home range, females have a home range anywhere from 10 to 40 miles, males are much greater, up to 100 square miles!! Heres the good new's, by the time you get up there to hunt again you may find an even bigger one? I say go for it and put as much time into it as you can...good hunting to you.