Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I'd part with Penner first. He could be a player like Bertuzzi was at his peak in Vancouver, but I just don't see the fire or drive very often in him. Such a big guy, yet I've never seen him in a fight or even act aggressively (I'm sure he has, just never seen it). I guess it depends what he costs. He is producing some points, has some skills. I just feel he could do so much more and be so much better....
Yes that's what they were hoping for when they got him....
Such a big guy who seems to play so soft....
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Default Manpons

Figured out a use for my Photoshop program!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leafsjjj.jpg (119.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
LOL and they are Livn on a Prayer if you think they will make the playoffs
3 points out is "livin on a prayer" ???

Dallas (check) Nucks (check) Preds (check) ...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
3 points out is "livin on a prayer" ???

Dallas (check) Nucks (check) Preds (check) ...
Your not in the playoffs until you are in the playoffs BB see thats how it works
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM

Default +/- Question

Does it count against your +/- if you are in the penalty box and the other team scores?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishsmurf View Post
Figured out a use for my Photoshop program!
Thats is very funny................................lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Does it count against your +/- if you are in the penalty box and the other team scores?
No sir.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
powerplay goals do not make any impact on +/- ratings. IE) the players that score the PP goal do not get a + and the defenders do not get a -. shorthanded goals do effect the +/-.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
powerplay goals do not make any impact on +/- ratings. IE) the players that score the PP goal do not get a + and the defenders do not get a -. shorthanded goals do effect the +/-.
Yup dead on!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:13 PM

Flames are now within 2 points of eight place...Whoa Oh,livin on a prayer! been a good month for us.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailhntr View Post
Flames are now within 2 points of eight place...Whoa Oh,livin on a prayer! been a good month for us.
^^^What he said...whoop whoop..

Anybody see how the oil did tonight??
Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 PM

Kipper played great ,............That was vintage Kipperoff..just gos to show ,,the best' needed a rest.Im startin to like this. When, Pardy scored ,,,,it brought a tear to me eye............That was funny ,,iggy scored a goal,,,for a laugh,,,,,,ha ha ha ha,,,,,,,,,,,,great game troops.1 star,,kipper .2 star moss. 3 star pardy. thats the way i seen it.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned

Holy ****, "Living on a prayer" seems to be working out quite well. As it stands right now 1 more win and we are in 7th. 6 more wins for the Oilers and they are still in last. Sutter sure did **** up by signing Ollie and Tanguay...Oh wait. 70 points combined just past half way hahaha

Glad to see the Coiler superstars living up the Edmonton standards Lol
Old 01-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTW View Post

Glad to see the Coiler superstars living up the Edmonton standards Lol
In order to have standards like the Oilers you have to have accomplished something....hell you have to have had superstars....

You aren't in the playoffs until the end of the year...I called 9h for you fellas..will I be upset if you make 8th ??? Not really because if you are close to making the playoffs Feaster will try to do some desperate act at the trade deadline to make it in...that be awesome...another mid round pick and a first round exit...more mediocrity in Calgary...no talent in the farm no high end prospects...and 11 players with NMC or NTC goin into draft day bahahahhahahaha I love it

GO Flamers GO
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
no talent in the farm no high end prospects...and 11 players with NMC or NTC goin into draft day bahahahhahahaha I love it

GO Flamers GO

No talent eh? Karlsson, Glencross, Bourque, Moss, Backlund, Giordano.

All young players who play good hockey. Players want to stay in Calgary, even come to Calgary. No players ask to go to Edmonton.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
In order to have standards like the Oilers you have to have accomplished something....hell you have to have had superstars....

You aren't in the playoffs until the end of the year...I called 9h for you fellas..will I be upset if you make 8th ??? Not really because if you are close to making the playoffs Feaster will try to do some desperate act at the trade deadline to make it in...that be awesome...another mid round pick and a first round exit...more mediocrity in Calgary...no talent in the farm no high end prospects...and 11 players with NMC or NTC goin into draft day bahahahhahahaha I love it

GO Flamers GO
And the Kanon backpeddling begins,,,
Old 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
And the Kanon backpeddling begins,,,
No backpeddling BB I really don't think you make the playoffs...all I said if you do ito me it serves the same purpose to me...another year of average...
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 PM

Anyone else watch the All Star Skills Comp tonight?

I was pretty excited to see how they changed up the events and format.

Unfortunately, the production value of what the CBC aired tonight was so far below the rating of 'pathetic' that junior high school AV clubs everywhere were yelling at their televisons.......

Old 01-30-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Anyone else watch the All Star Skills Comp tonight?

I was pretty excited to see how they changed up the events and format.

Unfortunately, the production value of what the CBC aired tonight was so far below the rating of 'pathetic' that junior high school AV clubs everywhere were yelling at their televisons.......

mite even be a check or two,,,,,,,team staal' by a touch down
Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Hows those alberta teams doing
Old 02-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Doin' fan friggin tastic man! Potential back to back first overall picks have our future looking very bright indeed.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Are not both teams about where everyone expected???
Both still out of playoffs!!
Lets see if the Shames can squeak in now....
Might have to quit callin em that when I live in Cowtown
Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Doin' fan friggin tastic man! Potential back to back first overall picks have our future looking very bright indeed.
Well at least you and Dean Chisholm think so
Old 02-03-2011, 04:46 PM

It's more than just this now apparently married couple that thinks that. For anyone to believe that the Flame's future looks bright they'd have to be stoned out of their gourds.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTW View Post
No talent eh? Karlsson, Glencross, Bourque, Moss, Backlund, Giordano.
That's pretty "middle of the road" talent. No future all-stars in that group. Let's talk future. OK, be honest.... TRADE: every player 21 and under in the Flames organization (big club, farm, drafted) for every player 21 and under in the Oiler organization. Do you make that trade? If you are the Flames OF COURSE YOU DO.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:

It shall be an interesting end to the year. I am very interested to see what the Flames do. I am a little bit torn, become sellers at the trade deadline and see what happens or keep guy's and see what happens. I don't even know if what they have would garner anything major in return. Feester has a very tough job ahead of him!!! Time for them to re-stock the cupboards but without draft picks it is going to be tough!! I am not 100% sure but I believe they only have 1 pick in the top 100 this year. That is not a good situation to be in for an aging team. With no movement they will be an even older team next year!!

Edmonton well what can I say. They are on the right track but still a lot of missing pieces to the puzzle. Goaltending and D need to be addressed!! The worst thing I think the Oilers can do this year is draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins!! Don't get me wrong I love the kid but another smallish skilled player is not what they need at all. Landeskog or Larsson would both fit much better and give Paajarvi someone to grow with. That in my eyes would be there best move. There are no guaranteed lock superstars in this draft but it is a very deep draft as far as talent goes!! They have a good chance at putting some more talent in the organization. Next year is key!! I have watched this kid play at least 40 games this year and I am blown away by Ryan Murray!! That is the blue chip D-man that the Oil need in my eyes!! It sucks but another year in the bottom 3 is what it will take to get him, maybe even dead last again!!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Flames beat Altanta tonight because thrashers kept Buffel-buff-agus on the ice for 8 of the last 10 min.
He's a good forward turned D man, but you don't keep a tire D man on the ice for that long. He got beat out of the corner by Iggy for the winner.

TBark
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 PM

Oklahoma City – Oklahoma City Barons forward Teemu Hartikainen (hart-uh-KYE-nin) was named the Reebok / American Hockey League Rookie of the Month for the week of January, the league’s front office announced today.

Hartikainen, a 20-year old native of Kuopio, Finland earned the honor for registering 14 points (4-10-14) and was a +8 in the Barons 15 games during the month of January. That included five points in a two-game set against Peoria in mid-January and goals in consecutive games January 26 – 28.

His performance during the month of January has moved him to third in goals (14) and points (32) in scoring among AHL rookies. Hartikainen was the Oilers sixth-round selection (163rd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Hartikainen joins the list of Barons players who have earned weekly or monthly honors from the AHL this season. Linus Omark and Bryan Helmer have each earned AHL Player of the Week honors, while Alex Giroux earned the reGen Muscle Recovery Beverage Performance of the Month award for December.

Geez another promising rookie in our system...only 20 yrs old too.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Oklahoma City – Oklahoma City Barons forward Teemu Hartikainen (hart-uh-KYE-nin) was named the Reebok / American Hockey League Rookie of the Month for the week of January, the league’s front office announced today.

Hartikainen, a 20-year old native of Kuopio, Finland earned the honor for registering 14 points (4-10-14) and was a +8 in the Barons 15 games during the month of January. That included five points in a two-game set against Peoria in mid-January and goals in consecutive games January 26 – 28.

His performance during the month of January has moved him to third in goals (14) and points (32) in scoring among AHL rookies. Hartikainen was the Oilers sixth-round selection (163rd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Hartikainen joins the list of Barons players who have earned weekly or monthly honors from the AHL this season. Linus Omark and Bryan Helmer have each earned AHL Player of the Week honors, while Alex Giroux earned the reGen Muscle Recovery Beverage Performance of the Month award for December.

Geez another promising rookie in our system...only 20 yrs old too.
lol Ya your rookies are really shining this year so im sure one more will turn things around

PP -F
Pk -F
Scoring - F
Goal Tending - F Minus..
Leadership -F
Physical play - F
Wins - F
Shootout - F
Injury prone Players a+

Overall Rating...Insert pic of a triple coiler(pun intended) here --------
Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Talking Go flames go !!!!!!!!!!!!!