Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 PM

Default Decent Day at Wab

Finally got out on the ice for the first time this year. Started off really slow for me.....

Then Jay got one

And then Mooseknuckle

Finally a decent one for me

And finally the largest of the day

Managed to get 2 whites to the hole but they both managed to spit the hook. Pretty good day out with some friends.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 03-07-2011, 12:07 AM

Looks good, nice pike.
I got out this afternoon, and only had one bite, and couldn't set the hook. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 AM

Glad you finally managed to make it out with us to do some fishing...and then you showed us how to do it with the two biggest of the day...well done sir!

Hopefully you can make it out next weekend again...I've got a couple ideas for a new spot for us to try

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM

Wicked day boys. Greg, Brandon, Chris, Adam, Ryan and Jay. Always a pleasure and great meeting some of you. Hope to see some of you out again next weekend. A couple more and I would almost call it a "AOF gathering". LOL

I'm still upset over the last one of the day that broke me off!! I know it don't mean much if it don't come up the hole but she was a hog.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Those pike are fatties. Nice.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Yeah for sure, was a great day!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM

Well done. I guess it will be my turn for the big one next . It was indeed a great day. Hope to get together again soon. Thanks for the lend of the Auger Terry it saved my old arms and back.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Right on guys...good pics of the fish...Thanks for posting....
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
Well done. I guess it will be my turn for the big one next . It was indeed a great day. Hope to get together again soon. Thanks for the lend of the Auger Terry it saved my old arms and back.
No worries glad to help. My back is bad to that's why I handed it off to you. It's not running 100% but it sure beats a hand auger with 30+ inches of ice. I think I'm going to bring out the little one next weekend if your out again your son and her would probably get along.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
No worries glad to help. My back is bad to that's why I handed it off to you. It's not running 100% but it sure beats a hand auger with 30+ inches of ice. I think I'm going to bring out the little one next weekend if your out again your son and her would probably get along.
Man, that auger of yours is running a LOT better than it was a couple weeks ago. Even after sitting out in the cold she fired up within a few pulls. The ol' Jiffy might be worth keeping yet

Incidentally, from now on I'm going to be doing the double hole thing...I'm kinda cheesed at myself for pulling the hook out of that last one's mouth because I couldn't get her turned. My own damned fault though

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams