Banned

Default NHL 13 season

Predicitions, Comments.

I got the Flames going all the way.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 PM

My Penguins will win!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 PM

Talking

Flames ,,,,,,,,,,,,iggy and company ''well get the job done.Flames///// habs stanley cup final.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM

FlamesDenile is not just a river in Egypt. The only things flames fans will be celebrating is Iggy and Kippers 40th birthdays. They needed to start their rebuild 5 years ago for gawdsake. It'll be LA and Philly final. LA to repeat, they are built for the playoffs...
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM

Default hahaha

Rangers now with Nash
Darrell
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Flames ,,,,,,,,,,,,iggy and company ''well get the job done.Flames///// habs stanley cup final.
I'm fine with this outcome. Habs win the cup.

"From my cold dead hands!"
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Thomas Jefferson
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often
and for the same reason." - Mark Twain
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM

here we go oilers here we go !!!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohr74 View Post
FlamesDenile is not just a river in Egypt. The only things flames fans will be celebrating is Iggy and Kippers 40th birthdays. They needed to start their rebuild 5 years ago for gawdsake. It'll be LA and Philly final. LA to repeat, they are built for the playoffs...
the 40 year olds are well rested,,,,,
Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Default whatever, moving on.

Oh great, the season starts. big deal. I grew up playing/watching hockey all my life and after this lockout, finally figured how un important the NHL really is. What a cash-cow. $100+ for sh*ty seats, $8.00 beer. $15.00 parking. I spent alot of time watching the junior hockey/whl/ohl/ahl and this is quality hockey. ticket prices are cheap. could care less about the nhl. Now that the strike has ended and they will be playing soon. Do I see ticket prices going down any time soon?? sure... when pigs fly.

There is far too much stuff to do in this world besides sit in front of the idiot box and watch a bunch of overpaid/over-hyped crybabies.

hate me if u want, could care less.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell78 View Post
Oh great, the season starts. big deal. I grew up playing/watching hockey all my life and after this lockout, finally figured how un important the NHL really is. What a cash-cow. $100+ for sh*ty seats, $8.00 beer. $15.00 parking. I spent alot of time watching the junior hockey/whl/ohl/ahl and this is quality hockey. ticket prices are cheap. could care less about the nhl. Now that the strike has ended and they will be playing soon. Do I see ticket prices going down any time soon?? sure... when pigs fly.

There is far too much stuff to do in this world besides sit in front of the idiot box and watch a bunch of overpaid/over-hyped crybabies.

you well break down and watch
Old 01-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:

You are definately not alone in feeling this way and you are entitled to be. They (NHL and PA) have jerked fans around far too often in the last decade. Bottom line for me is its still the best hockey in the world and I'll be watching...Feel your pain though
Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 PM

I quit watching hockey long ago. Overpaid primadonnas for the most part. An 80 game season where nothing really matters till the last half of the season anyway.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Hartford 2013 champions.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM

I think my Avs are going to find themselves in the playoffs this season if they can learn to play consistently. They were on fire for 3/4 of the last season, but crashed hard and missed the playoffs. They gotta find a way to dig deep and stay at a high level of play for the each and every game.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Predicitions, Comments.

I got the Flames going all the way.
The best part is after they lose the first 15 games, the season will be almost half over...
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:

Gotta x 1000on that
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 AM

under dogs Minnesota Wild
Old 01-07-2013, 01:55 AM

Smile

I think Philly this time round. I got the winning tickets last 2 years in a row in Vegas. The Boston win paid me only $185. But the Kings win last year paid me out $520.

Not saying I get it right all the time. But I will be making a few wagers in Vegas again this year. One will be fore Philly. When it comes right down to it I am just glad there will be hockey again this season. Even if we all will be sick of it by June and the playoffs will go deep into July.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton1 View Post
here we go oilers here we go !!!!!
I heard someone mention that all teams are tied for first place but as for the Oilers - in keeping with tradition - I would say they are tied for last place.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM

Dilligaf
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Dilligaf
Thats awsome, i havent seen that in about 10yrs.....lol
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:

I don't hate people because of their opinions, you're entitled to yours, I just don't agree. The price of tickets, parking and beer at the arena doesn't affect me because I've only been to two NHL games in my life. It's a cash cow...well yea, it's a business, so what? Nothing wrong with making money last time I checked. They're overpaid? I don't agree. They get what the market will allow as you do and everybody else. They and everybody are worth what somebody is willing to pay them. You would demand to play for less then you could get? Over hyped? I don't think so. They are the very best hockey players in the world, cream of the crop, top of the heap. They don't get nearly the hype that a lot of baseball, basketball and football players get and not as much money either. Heck, Micheal Schumacher was getting paid over 50 million a season 10 years ago for driving a car in 15 or 20 races a year, something a lot of us would pay to be able to do. It's all a matter of perspective.

"From my cold dead hands!"
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Thomas Jefferson
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often
and for the same reason." - Mark Twain
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post
I heard someone mention that all teams are tied for first place but as for the Oilers - in keeping with tradition - I would say they are tied for last place.

Yes, but the advantage of this season is.... fans only have to sit through 48 games of agony to get the first overall pick! I'd say this is the year for a team thinking of ditching the old talent and doing a rebuild..... Did someone say "Flames"?

Seriously, old talent should be more valuable to trade to a contender this year. Only have to pay half their salary and they will still be fresh when playoffs roll around.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM

I think that all professional players, regardless of the sport are over paid. We as fans help make it that way by paying the high prices for tictets etc. All these boys work very hard to get to the top so I guess they deserve a good nickle. We should all stop bellyachin' about how much they make, most of it is just jealously anyway. Breaks down to if you like the sport watch it, on tv or buy a ticket, if you don't like it watch something else. You also can't blame the owners, they invested a lot of coin, and it's a business. Anyone in business want to make as much money as they can, that's why they are there.
PG
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Anyone want Luongo for thier club? My canuckleheads will also throw in the coach too!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM

I idly wonder if the oilers will manage to fit their annual choke-streak in to a 50 game season.

Other than that, don't much care about any of it.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Banned

Whats an NHL?
And does anyone even care anymore?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
I idly wonder if the oilers will manage to fit their annual choke-streak in to a 50 game season.

Other than that, don't much care about any of it.
Well, after the LAST work stoppage they did choke... in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Anyone want Luongo for thier club? My canuckleheads will also throw in the coach too!
As much as I despise the Canucks any team would be lucky to land Vigneault.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Top 3 teams in order of finishing:

1) LA Kings
2) NY Rangers
3) Edmonton Oilers (just had to...)