Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-04-2018, 09:21 PM

I was doing 30kmh over the speed limit and got a ticket. Can you believe it?
Old 04-04-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Are you kidding me, well that's just not right!!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Most outdoorsmen are happy to see the fish cops out and actually enforcing the regulations. So when someone comes on here whining about getting tickets, you're not likely to get a lot of sympathy from people on here (maybe the odd "F the police" guy).
Exactly!! What were you really expecting from a rant like that??

BH

Old 04-05-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
I would hope that Officer would remain professional and not have any Ill feelings or biased against the OP.
That is exactly why I remain quiet and unassuming on the forum and keep my opinions to myself and use a random user name.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Not to difficult to get beat up around here. Lol
Yeah, because in these snowflake days, heaven forbid one ever gets taken to task when they screw up.
You know...everyone wins in our society today.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:03 PM

See I told you so
Old 04-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Banned

Where's the dunce cap when you need it?
Old 04-06-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
Where's the dunce cap when you need it?
look up
Old 04-06-2018, 10:54 PM

The "take home" message I'm getting is to always keep your illegally baited rods with you, not left alone in your shack. That way when you see a fish cop coming you can strip off the minnow and let it sink down the hole. No one's going to get a ticket for having a tub of minnows in a cooler in their truck since they could say they were planning to move to a new lake if the fishing was slow. Now does anyone have any tips on how I can continue to ice fish in this cold weather in April, but make it seem like I'm not actually fishing when the fish cops show up? Shacks can stay on the ice until the 15th, right?
Old 04-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopod View Post
The "take home" message I'm getting is to always keep your illegally baited rods with you, not left alone in your shack. That way when you see a fish cop coming you can strip off the minnow and let it sink down the hole. No one's going to get a ticket for having a tub of minnows in a cooler in their truck since they could say they were planning to move to a new lake if the fishing was slow. Now does anyone have any tips on how I can continue to ice fish in this cold weather in April, but make it seem like I'm not actually fishing when the fish cops show up? Shacks can stay on the ice until the 15th, right?
Or you could not be a poaching loser and follow the law
Old 04-07-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Haha, good stuff.
Now seriously. In your ice hut hang a whole bunch of dream catchers with lures hanging from them. Have some incense burning and when the F&G show up invite them to stay and meditate in the nude to be at one with Mother Nature.

Dodger.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
That is why I say it's a tough job, most poachers have thought through their excuses and it all sounds plausible. I would get very jaded doing that job.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-07-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Haha, good stuff.
Now seriously. In your ice hut hang a whole bunch of dream catchers with lures hanging from them. Have some incense burning and when the F&G show up invite them to stay and meditate in the nude to be at one with Mother Nature.

Dodger.
Hey you weren't supposed to tell everyone my secret for catching big fish!!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-07-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Hey you weren't supposed to tell everyone my secret for catching big fish!!!!

Dodger
Old 04-08-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
That is why I say it's a tough job, most poachers have thought through their excuses and it all sounds plausible. I would get very jaded doing that job.
I agree. It's probably easiest to catch the "small-time" poachers like the OP who either honestly didn't know that bait was not allowed, or did know but figured it wasn't a big deal. So do you focus your efforts on these guys and risk turning them against you because they don't believe they are really poachers?

Or do you focus your efforts on the guys who are slick and experienced at it, which means you have to spend a lot of time and gather a lot of evidence to find them and catch them, and regular fishers will then criticize you for not spending time getting out and checking regular fishers?

In my ideal world I guess I'd have the fish cops target the slick offenders, while at the same time hiring a bunch of students or similar to visit the main lakes and streams and spread the word about regulations and why they are needed to maintain the fishery for everyone.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Only 30 Kmh

Quote:
What were you really expecting from a rant like that??
Maybe some understanding !!!!
Old 04-08-2018, 08:24 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Haha, good stuff.

Dodger.
Jeepers eh you gotta allow yoga to take place in the "hut"...imagine the look on the fish cops face when he opens the door and there are half a dozen North Americans males in their prime doing the upward dog stance.....and slowly moving into the downward dog.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
You screwed up, got caught, admit it, so pay the fine. Doesn't matter who or how the officer that nailed you acted. You're sounding like you wanted your buddy to get nailed too. You should be happy that didn't happen. You need to check ALL the regs before fishing anywhere. I have no sympathy for poachers.

Tough audience eh? Just like your buddy the "fish cop".
Sorry,,,i too agree with this guy,you got off luckey