Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
You are right. We don’t have a Conservative Party in Canada. We never will.
I 100% agree with your sentiments. The PPC and Maxime is our “far right” and he is a left of center politician. Canada is an extremely social nation and always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
A far right conservative party would never get elected in Canada, there are way too many people that expect handouts.
Never mind far right, a government occupying near the left edge of center on the political spectrum would never be elected in Canada for exactly what you say. I will even go so far as to say that I would qualify that statement is true of Albertans, let alone Canadians. Want proof? Look at the resistance to an APP to CPP on this board alone.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I 100% agree with your sentiments. The PPC and Maxime is our “far right” and he is a left of center politician. Canada is an extremely social nation and always will be.

Never mind far right, a government occupying near the left edge of center on the political spectrum would never be elected in Canada for exactly what you say. I will even go so far as to say that I would qualify that statement is true of Albertans, let alone Canadians. Want proof? Look at the resistance to an APP to CPP on this board alone.
One thing I've always maintained in the past is that a right wing government must provide actual results, while a left wing government invariably gets away with mere moral victories.

Fast forward to the current political climate, while I've agreed with the recent actions of Danielle Smith, they are infact moral victories that merely distract from the fact that she has yet to deliver any notable improvement. Not saying there's a better option, but giving our hated PM a bit of attitude, a common sense approach to trans issues, and attempts to tap into our Heritage Fund glory day nostalgia are not actual progress... the conservative voter is basically getting played in exactly the same manner as an empty headed left wing nut job right now.

Once upon a time, Conservative governments were expected to deliver actual prosperity, not just a different brand of virtue signalling.

Last edited by Bushleague; 03-20-2024 at 01:10 PM.