Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Sponsors > Sponsor Forums > Great Pacific Salmon Lodge

Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Banned

Default Salmon reports

Sun May 20/12 5:10am
Quick fishing report from the Great Pacific Salmon Lodge. First morning test fishing, may 19, 3 chinook, 18, 22 and 23. Only spent 4 hours on the water. 4 other bites and one long line release.
Our other boat smashed 3 80# + Hali's on calm water. With 6 released.
Season is starting off with a bang, imagine what's going to happen as we really start getting into it!

Our new head guide Shea Roth (formerly of Sand Spit adventures) showed us some new tricks and it's obvious his 23 years of experience is paying off for our Lodge.

Last minute rates starting as low as $1,500/ person. (full lodge experience, 3 days) Come on out and enjoy the great fishing in the coming weeks. Select spots available during the summer and of course if your looking for a day charter, we would be glad to host you as well.

Jamie
Old 05-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Banned

Yet another great couple of hours fishing the best water in all of BC. Man oh Man, do I love it up here.

Mondays AM saw us out for a quick fish just 25 minutes from the Lodge. I headed out with the crew at first light with idea of just exploring a bit and doing some test fishing. Hunts inlet and Gobble point were the main places to visit.

Showing up in the wonderland of the Skeena river area found us surrounded by nothing but nature. Porpoise's right beside the boat, whales breaching off the bow, foggy misty mountains looming over top of us. It was a sight to behold.
Once again we had that part of the pacific all to ourselfs. Not another boat was seen. That makes 3 trips in 3 days and I have yet to see another sporty in our area. Like the advertising says "More fish, less people". It certainly rings true at 5:30 am today.

Oh yeah, what did we come out here for anyhow????? Thats right Salmon!!!!!!.
Set the lines, drop the riggers..............KA-POW, double header!!!!!!! From our dock to the singing of our Islander MR 2's took exactly 35 minutes. 20 minutes later would see us with 2 25 pound Salmon in the fish hold.Though I wanted to stay off the same point and clean up we decided to keep motering and exploring. Many more hits and fish to the boat before realizing I had work at the Lodge with our first guests of the season due to arrive in a few hours. Why does work always get in the way of these types of days?

Back to the Lodge, final shopping and getting the Lodge perfect for our guests took up the rest of the Day. Fortunately, our new guests from Wyoming arrived to find the Lodge in tip top shape. We served a tandoori fresh caught Chinook for dinner. When matched with the Mango chutney sauce it was a dinner to remember. A few drinks on the deck and our guests hit the sack all excited about the next morning.

This am saw all these tough world wise outdoorsmen running around the Lodge like excited kids on Christmas morning, gobbling back fresh baked muffins and washed down with some great coffe, grabbing cameras, putting rain gear on backwards, rushing out to the carts and shuttling them to their respective boats. It was well orchestrated pandemonium. The smiles and laughter made coming back early yesterday well worth it. I do enjoy our guests, each and every person that comes through this Lodge adds something to the place and to our team. it's a special experience for all of us here.

Tonight see's us enjoying a Crab feast beyond compare. I will pick up the live crab at 5:00 tonight and our new friends will be gorging the selfs by 6. Fresh caught crab is always a huge treat around these parts.

If you want to experience this massive adventure, feel free to give me a call directly on my cell. Let's see if we can work out a package that works for you.

As always I can be reached directly at
403-813-2704

Thanks
Jamie
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

Just got word from the Lodge. Today they were on FIRE!!!!
Over 20 Chinooks to the boat and they kept these 2.

38 and 35 pounds each.

Great day on the water for the boys.

If you want a chance at these types of hawgs, we still have some last minute rates available (As low as $1,500/person based on 4 per boat). Get in touch soon.

We do have a small amount availability for some super prime dates at the end of June/Beginning of July. If you interested, please get in touch

Jamie Hunt

403-813-2704
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shea38.jpg (14.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Shea39.jpg (19.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Shea40.jpg (15.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Banned

Thought I would update this while on the road back to the Lodge.
Fishing over the past week has been spotty with Dundas, Humpback, and Work channel just being a nice boat ride. Fortunately for our guests, they all managed fish and we put another good handfull of Tyee's on the board. Great work guys, I love the work ethic.

Yesterday and today were different story's. Only 15-25 minutes from the Lodge turned into full limits for all guests on the morning tide, including 3 Tyee pins handed out. One happy lodge right now.

Everyone is enjoying the Lodge and the groups are all having a great time. They are loving the fact that we are nailing fish so close to home, they are loving the fact we fish the edges and not the big open water. (no gaggers so far!)
It has been a bit cool up here, but the heated boats make it comfortable.
In the words of one guest "why in the world would I ever fish in anything else but these boats".. After 15 years of freezing my butt off, I couldn't agree more. Canvas is for the birds!!!

In Mcbride right now with Willy and headed west to the promised land in the AM. Perhaps the Salmon gods will smile on me this year and we can bust out a true hog. Prince Rupert has the ability and the history of many fish in that 65-99 pound range... Will this be the year??

Some very limited time available in July. Call for details

Jamie
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Banned

Things have heated up around the Rupert area. Today saw us handing out a Tyee pin for a 40# beast
6 clients in the Lodge with lots of laughs and good fishing to boot!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf
Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

You guys will forgive me for being a bit tardy with the updates. Our Lodge has just exploded with new clients. This year alone will see a 300% increase in business. We are being run ragged and doing our best to keep up. Clients are becoming friends, kid are working hard and I trully believe I now employ the best 2 guides in the Prince Rupert area, if not the whole coast.. Great Pacific Salmon Lodge takes great pride in only hiring the best team members available.
It's taken some work to put together this All Star team, but now we have it and we want you to come out and see the difference that decades of experience can bring to your experience.

We would like to welcome Dave Uzzel back to the Lodge. For those that fished with big Dave last year you already know just what a top end guide he is. For those that haven't... Get out here and see what I am talking about. Between our head guide Shea Roth and Dave Uzzel, it's a combination that can not be matched. We run the with best and most experienced guides on the coast. We are extremely proud of our team and are sure you will notice the difference.

Take care
Jamie

Some select dates left in August and then we are booking for 2013. Time is getting short and space is limited. Let's go fishing!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Banned

Yet another 4 day trip is coming to a end. It's always tough to say goodbye to new found friends, yet exciting to meet the new guests coming in.

Change over day is always extremely busy, but we want the Lodge in tip top shape!

This trip that is coming to a end will have a report put up by one of A/O's members. Their trip was full of great times and new experiences, but I will let them share it directly with you.

Some spots left in August, and as always, we don't charge for kids when paying Adults are coming. Let's get some kids and family's on the water and experiencing life time memories.

Jamie