Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I really don't understand why you find so much importance in what it looks like. Why should a gun face different standards because of its looks?
So you'd have no issue with kids playing with ultrarealistic airsofts out in the street .. they just look real they're just a toy right ?? Hmm you'd send you kid out with the gpmg air soft no biggie the police wont come down on him like a ton of bricks. Naw it just a toy right . A dangerous toy perhaps you could just hurt some one or cause a severe eye injury. But there not real ....
Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 PM

I'm lost. I'm trying, but I can't follow this discussion.
What is the point you're trying to get across in this thread?
I honestly don't know what you are arguing.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
So you'd have no issue with kids playing with ultrarealistic airsofts out in the street .. they just look real they're just a toy right ?? Hmm you'd send you kid out with the gpmg air soft no biggie the police wont come down on him like a ton of bricks. Naw it just a toy right . A dangerous toy perhaps you could just hurt some one or cause a severe eye injury. But there not real ....
You realise those "ultra-realistic" airsoft are illegal in Canada? No, of course you don't.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
I'm lost. I'm trying, but I can't follow this discussion.
What is the point you're trying to get across in this thread?
I honestly don't know what you are arguing.
Well mostly its been spelling out what an assault rifle is to burgle bungle . The pointing out that they follow a design and intent . Then swifty wanted an assult shotgun so I pointed out it all ready existed under a different classification (riot gun). Then I suggested lots of classifications that exist to explain action /design of a firearm .
Then swifty wanted to know how a tikka t3varmit model differs from a TAC t3 hmm significantly it would appear . Now you suggest it abought looks I say well no worries with kids an toy guns that look real. Whoo hope I didn't miss any one. eh 11 has given some good input and sloth (nof60) has had some in put . Something , something robot ??
Thats the quick version . Oh recce has been giving his corroborating evedence (which mirriors my definitions for the most part )
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
You realise those "ultra-realistic" airsoft are illegal in Canada? No, of course you don't.
Hmm what were they doing selling them at the red deer outdoors show. Twenty differnt models iirc . The two stores in red deer sell them also .
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 PM

So, I'm going to go ahead and make a broad, sweeping generalization about people I don't know and say that we're all arguing for the same point?
Are we all in agreement that Canadian civilians don't have "assault rifles", and that trying to call modern sporting arms "assault rifles" is misleading and wrong?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
So, I'm going to go ahead and make a broad, sweeping generalization about people I don't know and say that we're all arguing for the same point?
Are we all in agreement that Canadian civilians don't have "assault rifles", and that trying to call modern sporting arms "assault rifles" is misleading and wrong?
For the most part yes .. some rifles sg550 , xcr are assault rifles with a canadian variant that is semi auto . Burrgle bungle however suggests assault rifles dont exist.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
For the most part yes .. some rifles sg550 , xcr are assault rifles with a canadian variant that is semi auto . Burrgle bungle however suggests assault rifles dont exist.
Not a specific Canadian variant there bucko. They have specific semi-auto, non select-fire versions period. Little to nothing to do with the Canadian market.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Not a specific Canadian variant there bucko. They have specific semi-auto, non select-fire versions period. Little to nothing to do with the Canadian market.
Sg 550 is specific as a canadian variant . The xcr for some weird reason has a 18.6 "inch barrel for the canadian market ie non restricted. Good try though canadian variants . Both companies actually express this advantge .
Old 03-17-2014, 10:16 PM

My XCR L is similar to a browning bar. Both are semi auto. Both have a safety. The browning does not have a select fire switch, it just has a safety the same as the XCR.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:30 PM

So my question would be, does an AR look the way it does because it is custom built to kill baddies in a urban battlefield or does it perhaps look that way because it is designed around the required ergonomics for rapid target acquisition from both the prone or standing position?

Looks should have absolutely no bearing on weapon classification whatsoever, to argue that you can't tell if its automatic or not from 10 ft is a mute point. All the LEO should care about is where is the muzzle and IS THE OPERATOR IN BREACH OF ANY LAWS.

Calling an AR a semi-automatic assault rifle to me sounds like calling an open end wrench a single position adjustable. If the criteria is not met, it is not met period.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
Calling an AR a semi-automatic assault rifle to me sounds like calling an open end wrench a single position adjustable. If the criteria is not met, it is not met period.
It took 5 pages but someone finally made sense.

Fish gunner i think i see what you are trying to stab at, but good lord you dont make any sense trying to get everyone else to understand. Unsolicited advise: write in paragraphs and reread what you write before posting. Just brutal trying to read your posts.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
It took 5 pages but someone finally made sense.

Fish gunner i think i see what you are trying to stab at, but good lord you dont make any sense trying to get everyone else to understand. Unsolicited advise: write in paragraphs and reread what you write before posting. Just brutal trying to read your posts.
Lol well I get just as much flak for cutting and pasting lol . Cant win either way . not that it matters much. i have good shoulders and a ducks back when it comes to most of the posters . Gezze maybe if I spent more time in typing class as opposed to on ranges or on tracks I could be better on a key board lolololol
Old 03-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
So my question would be, does an AR look the way it does because it is custom built to kill baddies in a urban battlefield or does it perhaps look that way because it is designed around the required ergonomics for rapid target acquisition from both the prone or standing position?

Looks should have absolutely no bearing on weapon classification whatsoever, to argue that you can't tell if its automatic or not from 10 ft is a mute point. All the LEO should care about is where is the muzzle and IS THE OPERATOR IN BREACH OF ANY LAWS.

You mean channel locks lolololol see you just need the right tool for the job . Looks like a duck swims like a duck ... hay its missing a foot ,oh well thats no duck .
Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
You mean channel locks lolololol see you just need the right tool for the job . Looks like a duck swims like a duck ... hay its missing a foot ,oh well thats no duck .
alright I drank 15 beer and had 3 tomacinators..... still cant see it
Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 AM

All of the smoke and mirrors, and ridiculous comparisons, don't change the fact, that a semi auto rifle, is not an assault rifle. Apparently some people are just not capable of comprehending that simple fact.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
Rapidly fire 10 rounds without reloading? Huh, mine only holds 5. Where are these 10 round SKS's this uninformed, stupid, poor excuse of a Canadian is referring to? The only way to make an SKS hold 10 rounds would be to make it a prohibited device, which any law abiding Canadian firearm owner would never do. I wonder if she actually knows what that gun really is, or just was told by her superiors that it needs to be made to sound as scary as possible or all of the puppies and children will die. Sad that the media doesn't even slightly fact check the "news" they report. This is why many people don't believe a word out of the media's mouth.

Added extra emotes for fun

the problem is most "good people" aka sheeps watch the news and believe all the left wing garbage they are feed... thats why i switched to Sun new network... anyhow that just me...

sks can be made into 10 rounds very easily... an guy with 2 min and youtube can do it... i always wanted to buy about 10 and a few thousands rounds just for some insurance if western society ever melted down... but another poster is right... shotgun and ssg... do they even make ssg anymore? I don't think so too bad great bear defense
Old 03-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingnuw View Post
the problem is most "good people" aka sheeps watch the news and believe all the left wing garbage they are feed... thats why i switched to Sun new network... anyhow that just me...

sks can be made into 10 rounds very easily... an guy with 2 min and youtube can do it... i always wanted to buy about 10 and a few thousands rounds just for some insurance if western society ever melted down... but another poster is right... shotgun and ssg... do they even make ssg anymore? I don't think so too bad great bear defense
10 minutes and a new magwell you can make it hold 25. Doesn't change the fact that you have illegally modified a non-restrict to prohibited.

I could also smuggle a belt feed system for an AR-15 out of the states and have a belt fed AR-15. I would have infinite mag size essentially. What do you know, I would have to break laws to do this though. Thus turning me into a criminal and not a law-abiding gun owner.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
All of the smoke and mirrors, and ridiculous comparisons, don't change the fact, that a semi auto rifle, is not an assault rifle. Apparently some people are just not capable of comprehending that simple fact.
Why he doesn't just call it a rifle is beyond me. Why he is trying to instill fear like the RCMP Im not sure. People call some guns "assault rifles" some call them select fire combat guns. You can all whatever you want whatever you want. You call them assault rifles, I call them guns. Im cool with it bub we call them different things. You choose to use the scary term. In my mind you are part of the problem.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:51 AM

When asked if he would retract the misinformation in the article he wrote, this was his response, for what it's worth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DarrellB.jpg (36.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 PM

Default Naniamo daily news

Im pretty sure from the looks of their web page, some one got spanked. The original article has been rewritten, and there is a new article today by another writer talking about legal SKS in Canada.
Puma
Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 PM

To answer the author's reticence about retracting his fear-mongering, imprecise article with "are you going to shoot me?"

Nope, just label you a lousy reporter.

Seems as if his editor and paper got the hint.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingnuw View Post

left wing, right wing, both wings belong to the same body that is flying us into trouble.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:35 PM

assault.jpg
Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Why he doesn't just call it a rifle is beyond me. Why he is trying to instill fear like the RCMP Im not sure. People call some guns "assault rifles" some call them select fire combat guns. You can all whatever you want whatever you want. You call them assault rifles, I call them guns. Im cool with it bub we call them different things. You choose to use the scary term. In my mind you are part of the problem.
So if its got four wheels its a car ?? The abliity to accurately discribe a rifle is an indication of good verbal acuity .
Only smoothbores are guns, it would appear you belong with the sheep
911 call: I see a man with a gun
Operator: ill get the police
Caller : well no not that kind of gun
Operator: so does he have a gun
Caller: well its a gun but not that kind
Operator what kind is it ??
Caller :the kind you use to fill around the bath tub.
Well there bunggler it its a gun bahahahA
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 PM

Fish Gunner,
You know more about guns than anyone else on the internet.
You are special because you were in the military.
There is no way for the rest of us regular slobs to even compare our selves to your greatness.

As far as I can tell, this is what you're arguing for.
And you win.
Feel better?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
So if its got four wheels its a car ?? The abliity to accurately discribe a rifle is an indication of good verbal acuity .
Only smoothbores are guns, it would appear you belong with the sheep
911 call: I see a man with a gun
Operator: ill get the police
Caller : well no not that kind of gun
Operator: so does he have a gun
Caller: well its a gun but not that kind
Operator what kind is it ??
Caller :the kind you use to fill around the bath tub.
Well there bunggler it its a gun bahahahA
only a fool like you would call the cops about a water gun. give it up emperor
Old 03-19-2014, 12:07 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Fish Gunner,
You know more about guns than anyone else on the internet.
You are special because you were in the military.
There is no way for the rest of us regular slobs to even compare our selves to your greatness.

As far as I can tell, this is what you're arguing for.
And you win.
Feel better?
Notice im quoting burrgle most times . Sorry you feel your input is not valued.
With great freedom comes great responsability.
Ask ones self how many irresponsible fire arms owners were required to limit our freedom. There in lies your answer. At no point did I claim greatness simply trarining with the rifles being discussed . At one time it was my job to understand smallarms. Having burblebut tell a rifle instructor there all just guns would make my week. Now if you could just get practically every arms manufacturer on earth to stop advertising assault rifles then I can be wrong . its a bit like a clerk telling a carpenter what kind of hammer he uses imo.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
only a fool like you would call the cops about a water gun. give it up emperor
Wanna google that for a laugh or kids shot holding toys. not funny n the least .the reality you some how miss. Hence complex classifications .
Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Wanna google that for a laugh or kids shot holding toys. not funny n the least .the reality you some how miss. Hence complex classifications .
Only a complete idiot would believe that the ridiculous system of firearms classifications used in Canada is necessary, or reasonable.