Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Wanna google that for a laugh or kids shot holding toys. not funny n the least .the reality you some how miss. Hence complex classifications .
You are a hardheaded liberal. That's all I get. I also know that any gun can be dangerous in the wrong hands... I know Wikipedia doesn't say that anywhere so in your mind it can't be true. There are hunting knives, filleting knives, pocket knives, all designed for their intended purpose. Whats to stop a lunatic from killing you with a pocket knife. Classify all you want... knife is a knife. Blah blah blah blah blah we need a water gun classification too. And keep the assault kangaroos out of Canada... Your kids must be some sheltered. I am of the opinion some people are lunatics. they are gonna go on a killing rampage wether you want them to or not gunner. That's why I see no point in restricting or classifying anything other than for what it is. A gun. If used safely and properly it poses no threat. They should be all non restricted. If some nutjob goes crazy hes gonna get you with something... be it a gun, knife bat whatever hes snapped and gone nuts.... you cant prevent that. Why punish all the law abiding people because of fear. FYI I live in the city. If someone shows up in my yard with any gun.... Im calling the cops to tell them hes here. Then Im going to load my 44 and see what he tries to do. I don't need to tell them that theres a guy here with an assault rifle.... it doesn't matter theres a man here that shouldn't be and he has a gun... that's all that's relevant
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wanna google that for a laugh or kids shot holding toys. not funny n the least .the reality you some how miss. Hence complex classifications .
kids shot holding guns... is a result of improper education bud. I don't have time to google this and google that. Emperor gunner you are the google king. Why don't you just post it for me. Everyone knows, we make fun of you for it daily. My point you miss this time is that you can put up all the safeguards you want... people are still nuts and will shoot/kill people. People also make mistakes.... you would know this if you ever left your computer and went around some people and communicated and experienced some things. But yeah you are a definite liberal. Ban everything. You sir have succumbed to the fear. Its all good. Like I said earlier... You live in a fear. I don't. That is what this is really about..... FEAR
Old 03-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
kids shot holding guns... is a result of improper education bud. I don't have time to google this and google that. Emperor gunner you are the google king. Why don't you just post it for me. Everyone knows, we make fun of you for it daily. My point you miss this time is that you can put up all the safeguards you want... people are still nuts and will shoot/kill people. People also make mistakes.... you would know this if you ever left your computer and went around some people and communicated and experienced some things. But yeah you are a definite liberal. Ban everything. You sir have succumbed to the fear. Its all good. Like I said earlier... You live in a fear. I don't. That is what this is really about..... FEAR
Please quote any post of mine suggesting banning any thing ??? I dont fear much lions tigers poisonous snakes , not a bunch of those in canada to worry abt . My suggesting is the canadian system for the most part is fair ,give folks the opportunity to own most classifications if I could add much if would be train to the standards of the mil and police own what you want . Ohhhh making fun thats a bit grd 7 but if thats how you get your kiks fill you boots . Kido.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you'd have no issue with kids playing with ultrarealistic airsofts out in the street .. they just look real they're just a toy right ?? Hmm you'd send you kid out with the gpmg air soft no biggie the police wont come down on him like a ton of bricks. Naw it just a toy right . A dangerous toy perhaps you could just hurt some one or cause a severe eye injury. But there not real ....
Wouldn't be a problem if cops weren't so trigger happy these days.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Wouldn't be a problem if cops weren't so trigger happy these days.
That has some truth ,however what would that be a result of . Cause &effect . Society has changed lots in the last 30 odd yrs. Yet even last yr I walked miles of rr road dog in tow rifle in hand not a single issue folks wave as they pass . So thats the same as it ever was I suspect if it was not a lever rifle and a mil styled rifle I may of had a visit from the po po . Folks associate this class /style of rifle with rambo types or whatever. Right or wrong thats the facts of life ,even a 12 ga pump no one cared waves all round . Perhaps the public has become trigger happy and the po po are reacting in kind.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
That has some truth ,however what would that be a result of . Cause &effect . Society has changed lots in the last 30 odd yrs. Yet even last yr I walked miles of rr road dog in tow rifle in hand not a single issue folks wave as they pass . So thats the same as it ever was I suspect if it was not a lever rifle and a mil styled rifle I may of had a visit from the po po . Folks associate this class /style of rifle with rambo types or whatever. Right or wrong thats the facts of life ,even a 12 ga pump no one cared waves all round . Perhaps the public has become trigger happy and the po po are reacting in kind.
So you haven't actually tried walking down the RR with an "assault rifle", but you pretty much assume that everyone is afraid of it and the swat team will be on you in no time. So really, you have no idea what the publics reaction would be, this is just what you think will happen, correct?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
So you haven't actually tried walking down the RR with an "assault rifle", but you pretty much assume that everyone is afraid of it and the swat team will be on you in no time. So really, you have no idea what the publics reaction would be, this is just what you think will happen, correct?
Nice try, notice my use of mil styled. No dont own one , jist have to watch the news and the half dozen posts here on what folks carring a mil styled rifle down a rural road gets you chances are because a portion of mil styled rifles are restricted tha carrying one down a rural toad should get a visit from the po po see how that works years of carring bolt pump and lever guns no one cares even the slightest . Mil styled red and blues on . Are you suggesting it would not .
Old 03-19-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I think you are full of dung. Spouting of about stuff you have no idea. I've got a atc and pack my pistol with me ( on the road , beside the road you name it) never once had a visit from the law.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:34 PM

Forgot to mention that my side arm is military/ police styled as well
Old 03-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Forgot to mention that my side arm is military/ police styled as well
I could probably driva tank thru hthy and no one would care im quite sure I could pack an rpg on the outskirts of rainbow lake no issue . But im talking a differnt part of alberta I will guess if your packing with a permit then the folks in your area know you or there are no folks in your area. Cause effect take a stroll down down white ave let me know how that flies .
Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 PM

I would if it were legal for me to do so. It wouldn't be any different then you with your lever gun while yours would be legal to do so. Both would cause I stir I would think because people are afraid of guns. In the long and short it's a gun which people shouldn't be afraid of but the half wit carrying it.
I've yet to see a auto loading rifle (tactical or not) just start shooting. Maybe in your worldly experience you have?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
I would if it were legal for me to do so. It wouldn't be any different then you with your lever gun while yours would be legal to do so. Both would cause I stir I would think because people are afraid of guns. In the long and short it's a gun which people shouldn't be afraid of but the half wit carrying it.
I've yet to see a auto loading rifle (tactical or not) just start shooting. Maybe in your worldly experience you have?
In a round abought way .a stirling (sten gun ) is notorious for such events when worn in correctly lol it is a fixed firing pin and has many discharge issues . For the most part I fully aggree with your post. Why does society have this issue with mil style arms .. the bank robbery in California .. the numerous school and random shootings ... there fear is not completely unfounded for some reason no one picks the mod 70 to go on a rampage with??
Old 03-19-2014, 03:48 PM

So you're saying only auto loaders are used for killing people. Seems to me then by your reasoning jet liners diesel fuel and fertilizer should be banned as well.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Banned

He's a liberal...... Wants to ban everything.... He's just a fudd
Old 03-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Only simpletons generalize and jump to conclusions.... Guess what boat you ride in gunner
People are scared of the looks of the gun. You and who? The uninformed. Come on fuddy fuddy.... Fudd fudd fudd you are a fudd hahaha
Old 03-19-2014, 04:17 PM

It's funny that every post I've read from him is against the grain.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, tell him old spice deodorant comes in a red container...
He will argue about that for days

It's a stick, no it's a container, no it's deodorant, if you choke someone with it it's assault deodorant, no it's not that's not the intended use and it goes on and on... The entertainment value is high
Old 03-19-2014, 04:22 PM

Lol
Old 03-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
So you're saying only auto loaders are used for killing people. Seems to me then by your reasoning jet liners diesel fuel and fertilizer should be banned as well.
Were did you get banned from ?? Nope not I . Never said a word about auto loaders killing people nope.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Only simpletons generalize and jump to conclusions.... Guess what boat you ride in gunner
People are scared of the looks of the gun. You and who? The uninformed. Come on fuddy fuddy.... Fudd fudd fudd you are a fudd hahaha
Nice to see your spread of conclusion jumping on myself and generalizations know no bounds. Insults how boreing if thats the best you' ve got lol educated guess but hay youd have dificulty with that . Lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Banned

Yeah. You are real educated. I can tell.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Were did you get banned from ?? Nope not I . Never said a word about auto loaders killing people nope.
Is a semi auto (in your book called assault rifle) not a auto loader?
If I use a model 70 to assault you has it become a assault rifle?
If I use a pipe to assault someone is it still a pipe or is it a assault pipe?
In my world anything can be a assault weapon but it is missing on important piece. Would you happen to venture a guess to what that might be?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Is a semi auto (in your book called assault rifle) not a auto loader?
If I use a model 70 to assault you has it become a assault rifle?
If I use a pipe to assault someone is it still a pipe or is it a assault pipe?
In my world anything can be a assault weapon but it is missing on important piece. Would you happen to venture a guess to what that might be?
Your some how confused . the action of a rifle is only one aspect of classification. I have pointed out quite a few but you choose to ignore that. Iirc no bolt action rifle falls under that classification.
Ive pointed out my position on objects used as weapons. Sillyness that a judge would laugh at and out of court.
Your world is your opinion ,the us army manual sides with my position . "On piece"is kind of tought to pin down in you head.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 PM

Guys, give it up, if you ignore him, he will have nobody to reply to. Let this thread die a peaceful death.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_8knBHEyw

Trying to argue with fishgunner.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_8knBHEyw

Trying to argue with fishgunner.
Cheers mk like I say look it up .
Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 PM

i cant even read and understand fish gunners posts 3/4's of the time. so much broken english my brain hurts

as for the thread, doesnt matter what type of gun you use, they can all kill you.

its just a media hype for "assault style" or "black rifle" because thats what the military uses and people are scared of that stuff. creates more buzz about their writing.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 PM

My brain hurts from reading this thread. Can we talk about vicious dogs, like, say Pitbulls?!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:20 PM

What a disappointment of a thread. This move by the powers that be is a violation of our democracy, and this is a place that should have us coming together seeking a way to change things. Instead, there is a bunch of bickering and arguing. I don't know what the criteria is for someone to be banned, but certainly fish gunner must be considered a candidate. Stirring the pot is not considered intelligent conversation despite differences. It is mud slinging...
I wish I could delete this thread.

I do appreciate some of the comments and views of others, though. Glad to see people still have sense...or perspective if you will.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
. I don't know what the criteria is for someone to be banned, but certainly fish gunner must be considered a candidate. Stirring the pot is not considered intelligent conversation despite differences. It is mud slinging...
Lots of opinions on here I do not share. Some I confront, others I let go. To wish to ban someone or something you don't agree with is tantamount to the same mentality the RCMP employ when banning our firearms. Congratulations! You have common ground.

I don't agree with fish gunner in this case. However, I agree less with knee jerk reaction of calling him liberal, fudd, questioning his intelligence because his proficiency with the written word makes understanding his point of view difficult or any of the other ignorance I've seen in this thread. We're all adults and should conduct ourselves accordingly, regardless of "pot stirrers".

I do agree with you that we should be banding together and working against the RCMP in the reclassification of our firearms. Hey! Common ground again!

Have a good day.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.