Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 PM

Default Best place in Calgary for Yamaha ATV parts?

I've got a 2007 Grizzly 700 that needs a ball joint and three CV boots.
Who has the best price and availability of Yamaha parts?
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 04-27-2011, 06:03 PM

My favorite supplier.

http://www.teamalpine.com/pages/OemParts

Grizz
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM

That's not Calgary.

My quad is apart right now so the sooner I get the parts the better.
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 AM

Walt Healy

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 AM

Walt Healy and Pro Am are both OK for the ball joints (and the boots I guess); You might want to give Pats Driveline (just off Blackfoot, south of Glenmore) a shot for the boots, several years ago when my Suzuki needed boots, the dealer price was crazy, so I took the torn boots to Pats and they crossmatched into their stock for about 1/3 of the dealer cost, their parts fit perfectly.

If you are tearing boots regularly, check out some boot guards, easy to fab up yourself and they save a lot of grief in the bush.

Good Luck
Zeke
Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

I'm from northern Alberta where my buddy is a Yamaha dealer.

From being in Cochrane lots since 2001, and from what I have heard I believe the Yamaha dealer there is pretty good. Its not Calgary but its only 22km west.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM

Dont laugh, but i like autovalue, they can order parts and have them in 4 hours if not than next day. Bought, a fuel pump and battery, for my polaris, both where half the price of the ATV shops, and the fuel pump was the same brand and the battery an interstate.

Nick
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris89lx View Post
I've got a 2007 Grizzly 700 that needs a ball joint and three CV boots.
Who has the best price and availability of Yamaha parts?
Lots of great places online (US)....too OEM parts are usually 40-60 percent cheaper. Try: www.powerpartsplus.com/ out of Texas. Good guys with which to deal.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Check Red Deer Kijiji. Fellow from Blackfalds has a heck of a deal on ball joints,oil and stuff for a 700. Was on about page 4.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 PM

I called a few different places and found Blackfoot Motorsports to have the best prices. Strange thing is yesterday they didn't have a ball joint in stock and was going to take a week to get it.Today they had one.
Aftermarket CV boots were only $15 each but will be here next week from Vancouver.
Walt Healy and Ralphs Arctic Cat/Yamaha wanted $55 -$67 per boot. They had to of been quoting prices on OE parts.

I'll wait the week for $15 boots.
One less thing I have to do this weekend.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris89lx View Post
I called a few different places and found Blackfoot Motorsports to have the best prices. Strange thing is yesterday they didn't have a ball joint in stock and was going to take a week to get it.Today they had one.
Aftermarket CV boots were only $15 each but will be here next week from Vancouver.
Walt Healy and Ralphs Arctic Cat/Yamaha wanted $55 -$67 per boot. They had to of been quoting prices on OE parts.

I'll wait the week for $15 boots.
One less thing I have to do this weekend.
Did you try Pro Am on Edmonton Trail?