Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-17-2018, 06:54 PM

Default Shout out to Jimbows

So I did what every archer cringes at the other day. I got carried away with shooting lots of arrows and in one shot forgot to load an arrow. Yep.... dryfire. Anyways with no shop around cold lake I made the drive to Edmonton this morning. I got lucky. No damage other than needing a quick timing fix. 3 hour drive for 20 mins worth of work and all on the house. Much appreciated if you read this Jimbows! I don’t mind making the drive knowing my bow will be in tip top shape when I leave.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:09 PM

I always get treated well at the Calgary shop! Great shop for sure.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:31 PM

Stories like this are why I went and bought my bow from them.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:34 PM

I thought that was you in there today, been a while (Drayton rifle rodeo) since we chatted.

Things look good, your bow took it like a champ

LC
Old 07-17-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I thought that was you in there today, been a while (Drayton rifle rodeo) since we chatted.

Things look good, your bow took it like a champ

LC
Yep that was me. As much as I love going there the drive sucks. Wish they were closer. That being said I went and picked up a portable bow press from Cabelas so I can learn to do this all myself. Bow is shooting great now tho!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
Yep that was me. As much as I love going there the drive sucks. Wish they were closer. That being said I went and picked up a portable bow press from Cabelas so I can learn to do this all myself. Bow is shooting great now tho!
Double check that the press will work ok on your bow, some of the parallel and past parallel limb bows aren’t suited for the bowmaster portable press.

LC
Old 07-17-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Double check that the press will work ok on your bow, some of the parallel and past parallel limb bows aren’t suited for the bowmaster portable press.

LC
Check and check. I got the L brackets as well. Tried it when I got home and it works well
Old 07-24-2018, 09:39 AM

Fantastic shop and great guys
Old 07-24-2018, 11:01 AM

Sounds nothing like the experience you will get at Wolverine Archery in Red deer. That place is the worst. Literally some of the worst customer service know to man.

I have supported them because they are local but will be happy to go to Jim Bows in the future. I wanted a new sight a few months back and called Jim Bows and the staff member was super friendly and shipped me out my new Black Gold the same day. I had been waiting on Wolverine for over a month to get one in and finally gave up hope. Even with shipping it was cheaper from Jim Bows too.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Sounds nothing like the experience you will get at Wolverine Archery in Red deer. That place is the worst. Literally some of the worst customer service know to man.

I have supported them because they are local but will be happy to go to Jim Bows in the future. I wanted a new sight a few months back and called Jim Bows and the staff member was super friendly and shipped me out my new Black Gold the same day. I had been waiting on Wolverine for over a month to get one in and finally gave up hope. Even with shipping it was cheaper from Jim Bows too.
Well you have nothing to worry about now, Wolverine is shut down.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=347762
Old 07-24-2018, 04:58 PM

Was at jimbows today he fixed my bow up hope it all holds together for the torturous month of September. He was getting a bit ticked off at all the guys calling wanting to talk about draw results and BS while he was trying to fix my bow and other help customers that where waiting.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:00 PM

Jimbow's north and south and Accurate Archery are going to be busy for the next 5 week's. I would try hitting any of those places on Wednesday or Thursday. Tuesday is there first day back after the weekend and lots of people have or will take Friday off. Saturday and Sunday will be standing room only. Stressful and exciting time for the shop owners.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:23 PM

Default Jim Bows Edmonton North

These guys are the best period! I spend my money here just because they go the extra way to help anyone out.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Well you have nothing to worry about now, Wolverine is shut down.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=347762
Yes, I am aware of this. Believe me, if they didn't have the exact bow I wanted in stock and on sale, I wouldn't have bought it there. Heck, I was scolded by the tech for taking more than 6 shots on the bow I was going to purchase. She said no one is allowed to shoot a bow more than 6 times.

They said they are closing down because they can't "keep techs". While that may be true, I'm sure the reason they can't keep techs is because they aren't paying them enough. If their techs actually understood retail and sales, and the importance of the "customer in the store", they would have made a lot more money, and would have been able to pay the techs a decent wage.

When I walked in there they lady at the counter spent 15 minutes complaining about how 2 guys came in on the weekend and tried out some bows and didn't buy one. She was trying to portray to me how this was a waste of their time and how these guys had no right to come in and try bows without purchasing on the spot. REALLY? I had to interject and say that maybe they just wanted to do a little more research before buying the bow and maybe they would be back. The truth is I bet they didn't purchase because of the horrible attitude of the staff. After waiting around for 2.5 hours for the tech to tie in my peep I almost did the same. At one point after waiting hours I walked back and found she had decided to cut and fletch a dozen arrows from a customer that had walked in 2 hours after me and I just had to wait another 30 minutes before should could try and adjust my peep. At the end she said "this is the best that we can get your peep (It was literally sideways, I couldn't even see through it). You have to go shoot 200 arrows and come back.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:16 PM

You can't ask for better customer service from Dave and Carson. They're definitely one of the best shops to go to!
Old 11-04-2018, 11:21 PM

Default Jim Bows

Jim bows is absolutely amazing. If your ever west of Edmonton also check out Accurate Archery!

2 great shops up here in the Edmonton area