Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-23-2021, 02:36 PM

Default Peerless Lake Ice Fishing

I'm thinking about heading up to Peerless/Graham next week for a few days. Does anyone have any information they can offer on fishing the area? I've read lots of threads, but most are older. I understand visits from the local "wildlife" are quite common. I read reference of a general store adjacent to Graham Lake but can't find any information nor do I see it on Google Maps. I also see people mention getting on at the campground, but don't see that on Google Maps either. What part of the lake is it on? Thanks for any help.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
I'm thinking about heading up to Peerless/Graham next week for a few days. Does anyone have any information they can offer on fishing the area? I've read lots of threads, but most are older. I understand visits from the local "wildlife" are quite common. I read reference of a general store adjacent to Graham Lake but can't find any information nor do I see it on Google Maps. I also see people mention getting on at the campground, but don't see that on Google Maps either. What part of the lake is it on? Thanks for any help.
Don’t bother roads still blocked
Old 02-23-2021, 03:34 PM

Gah! Thank you very much for that heads up. Called the Band Office and confirmed. Hmmm. Now where to get my lake trout fix...
Old 02-23-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
Gah! Thank you very much for that heads up. Called the Band Office and confirmed. Hmmm. Now where to get my lake trout fix...
La Plonge....

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2021, 07:14 PM

Some guys I know sledded in a couple weeks ago. If that’s an option.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Some guys I know sledded in a couple weeks ago. If that’s an option.
It could be if I hauled the Ranger up as I planned. I already have a little backcountry scouting trip planned for one of the fisheries biologists in an adjacent jurisdiction that couldn't access a lake last summer, so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew during my week off. Still, if you want to PM me how they accessed Peerless and how they made out, I'm usually up for an adventure. Cheers.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
La Plonge....

Had I been a bit more organized when northern Manitoba fell through, I might have looked into northern Saskatchewan more closely. I'm sure I'll figure out a fun week of fishing with the son. I've been meaning to work my way down David's way to try some lakes around Hinton. And I can always fall back on my old stompin' grounds at Slave Lake.

I can make up for lost time with the lakers during open water too. We have a bonkers fishery up here...it's just not fishable in the winter.

P.S. - Nice laker.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
La Plonge....

Careful refuelling shack holes. Was there couple days ago... blue shack.. drilled up beer can and wrecked my blades....
Old 02-23-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Careful refuelling shack holes. Was there couple days ago... blue shack.. drilled up beer can and wrecked my blades....
That sucks....every time we've been there Dan has had the shacks in tip top shape.
The snowmobile we rented once....not so much. That was an adventure... broke down at the island.