Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Banned

Default Thoughts on Ozonics?

I have noticed a lot of chatter and usage of the Onzonics sent elimination system on hunting shows, has anyone tired it and what are your thoughts? Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 08:42 PM

Ozone generators work.. that being said I'm not dumping 400 bucks on one to haul around with me, when I can play the wind..
Old 10-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Banned

I was thinking the same, although if I was ever to hunt in a ground blind, it could be useful, didnt realize that they cost so much!
Old 10-24-2014, 09:58 PM

I will be able to tell you guys from my own first hand experience in the coming weeks as I invested in one this summer but have yet to test er out. All the guys I know that use them swear by them and wont go in the stand unless they have them now..they also don't worry about wind direction anymore which is the biggest thing that sold me on it, as I have always hunted my stands strictly on wind direction!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLife94 View Post
I will be able to tell you guys from my own first hand experience in the coming weeks as I invested in one this summer but have yet to test er out. All the guys I know that use them swear by them and wont go in the stand unless they have them now..they also don't worry about wind direction anymore which is the biggest thing that sold me on it, as I have always hunted my stands strictly on wind direction!
It would be great to hear how you make out! How much did you pay for yours? Hope you slam a Boonie, best of luck!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
It would be great to hear how you make out! How much did you pay for yours? Hope you slam a Boonie, best of luck!
Ill be sure to update on this thread my annual hunt in 3 weeks. I believe i payed 350$ for mine, however i nearly paid for it all with gift cards, otherwise i wouldn't have made the investment. Cheers!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLife94 View Post
You still must hunt the wind as much as possible, Ozonics do work very well but do not replace basic hunting principles.

How can you go wrong with a product that offers a complete money back guarantee ? Unheard of in our sport so there must be a reason

The purchase of a spare battery is a must, once you start using this product you will want to ensure it is running ALL the time your on stand.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
You still must hunt the wind as much as possible, Ozonics do work very well but do not replace basic hunting principles.

How can you go wrong with a product that offers a complete money back guarantee ? Unheard of in our sport so there must be a reason

The purchase of a spare battery is a must, once you start using this product you will want to ensure it is running ALL the time your on stand.
Thanks for the advice on having a spare battery! Ill be sure to invest in one before i head out after the big ol whiteys
Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 AM

My only concern with stuff like ozonics, scent sprays etc, is whats the measuring stick for it 'working'?. Is it buddy that has a deer walk in to within a few yards? Because many of us have had that happen numerous times without using any scent elimination products of any kind. So whats the actual science as far as proving it works aside from guys that use one and have deer come in close? I have an ozonics myself. I had a deer come within 15 feet of me while I was simply hunkered down beside a tall willow bush last season. After that encounter I swore till I was blue in the face that it was the cats meow.....until I realized I didn't have it turned on :P

So again, other than a hunters anecdotal word that its awesome, whats the gauge for it being worth the investment?

Just my two bits
Old 10-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Banned

Starting to think that all of the guys on the shows using the ozonics system are doing it because they are being paid to use it!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Starting to think that all of the guys on the shows using the ozonics system are doing it because they are being paid to use it!
Think you are onto something there!

Got along just fine without one for years, see no reason for one now.