Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Default sherwood park archery club

anyone a member there? thinking about joining as they have a indoor range year round, I have been a member of the parkland bowbenders for a few years and definitely enjoyed it but with the henday being complete going to the Sherwood park range will be more accessible. also wondering if the fitas range has targets at 20,30,40,50,60 yard ranges, the website didn't say anything about it but it looked like it did in the picture. thanks
Old 12-02-2016, 10:32 AM

The outdoor range for FITA is measured in meters, I am pretty sure.

LC
Old 12-03-2016, 09:57 PM

Range has targets in m, but some of the butts seem approximate as it is. There are plans to replace many of the butts and there is a decent 3d trail but the targets are in rough shape. I don't mind because they're for shooting with my bow not a camera.
I like that I live so close and can shoot out to 100 yards. I enjoy working on form out to that distance and then working on range estimation on the 3d trail.
They need help from a welder to build the new target butt stands. Then they'll solicit help from members to put the tentest together.
Indoor range has a shoot on Monday and Wednesday evenings this winter and Sat mornings are for the junior program. I think the "league" for M/W started last week. I can't make Wed but hope to catch the occasional Mon.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:00 AM

the outdoor range is fita so it is in meters... the indoor stuff they have in yards ... they need better management for what I heard ....
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 12-05-2016, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up

Been a member there for the last year. Love the fact that I can go shoot indoors 24/7. At the outdoor range you can easily go out to 100 yards. Lots of fun for working on form and stretching it out a bit. I routinely hit the 60 yard and 90 yard butts when I go. It is set up in meters but figuring out the yardage is pretty simple.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manosteel View Post
Been a member there for the last year. Love the fact that I can go shoot indoors 24/7. At the outdoor range you can easily go out to 100 yards. Lots of fun for working on form and stretching it out a bit. I routinely hit the 60 yard and 90 yard butts when I go. It is set up in meters but figuring out the yardage is pretty simple.
Ya I got my password today and went and shot. Definitely a right nice set up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 04:03 PM

How long is the indoor range?
Old 12-06-2016, 04:43 PM

18m

Old 12-06-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyard View Post
the outdoor range is fita so it is in meters... the indoor stuff they have in yards ... they need better management for what I heard ....
Maybe instead of knocking the work of volunteers take your obvious knowledge industry of archery and help out. Funny for a guy who represents company as a team shooter you would make second hand disparaging comments about a volunteer run club full of potential buyers of archery gear your suppose to represent.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:51 AM

I'm just going by what I was told by people I have run into and ask about the club... I was apart of that club when I was a kid and inquired about it myself to join but decided to go with a different one that had better responses to my questions... not only have people told it was been run poorly... I even told the opertunity to email a few of the people that had emails posted on the Web site so I could ask questions but with no reply back what so ever......

Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 12-18-2016, 07:56 PM

Default ....

Cool
Old 05-29-2017, 08:43 PM

How are things lookin out there this year, I was thinking of getting a pass.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:56 PM

All new target butts outdoors, looks like the one side is currently at 10s of yards and the other side at 10s of m. I can only assume that'll likely change once competitions at m ranges get going. I haven't gone through the 3d yet as it has been a wet spring but others have headed that way while I was there. The new tentest might be snugged a little too tight as driving an arrow deep can make it challenging to pull. Be sure to remove the plywood (painted red) weather protection before shooting and replace after.
Get your membership and let me know when you're headed out. I'm ten minutes from there and don't have much flexibility but will always try to join with some notice
Cheers
Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
All new target butts outdoors, looks like the one side is currently at 10s of yards and the other side at 10s of m. I can only assume that'll likely change once competitions at m ranges get going. I haven't gone through the 3d yet as it has been a wet spring but others have headed that way while I was there. The new tentest might be snugged a little too tight as driving an arrow deep can make it challenging to pull. Be sure to remove the plywood (painted red) weather protection before shooting and replace after.
Get your membership and let me know when you're headed out. I'm ten minutes from there and don't have much flexibility but will always try to join with some notice
Cheers
Sounds good!