Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 PM

Smile New Bow

Well I,ve been converted, baught my first bow last week. I got the Bowteck General, got it from Jim Bows archery in Calgary. More than acceptional service from jim, he could'nt have made me more pleased with my purchase.
Just gotta learn to shoot now, got a month or so to do so. Can't wait to take down that muley buck that I've been eye'n up all year. anyways just wanted to share the exciting new purchase with you all.

Chow,

Addict.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM

Good for you. You cant' go wrong with a bowtech product or dealing at Jim Bow's. I too look forward to pursueing mulies this fall with my bowtech tomkat.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 PM

Congrats on the new purchase. Hunting with a bow is sure a ton of fun.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:25 PM

make sure you watch the bottom limb of your bow for any cracks, there have ben a couple cases of broken limbs on other forums. Im shooting the same bow right now and absolutely love it. What did you put on it for accessories
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 REM MAG View Post
make sure you watch the bottom limb of your bow for any cracks, there have ben a couple cases of broken limbs on other forums. Im shooting the same bow right now and absolutely love it. What did you put on it for accessories
Thanks for the insight about the cracks, I'll definately keep a close eye on that. I got the Viper sights, whisker biscut, Quiver (Not sure which model).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1884.JPG (26.3 KB, 49 views)
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM

I also picked picked up a Bowtech Tomkat from Jimbows a couple of months back. Haven't shot it since an hour in the back of the shop. But it's time to put an hour in every morning.

Anyone shoot at the Calgary Archery club on #8? I'm wondering if the backing on thier targets are ok for reasonable arrow life. I strongly suspect I'll be purchasing new arrows for hunting, but would like my target arrows to last for awhile.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM

I bought a diamond blackice by bowtech from the archery shop in bow island the other day the guy in the shop really knows his stuff, bow is really smooth and good price, should be a good season