Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 PM

I put one of my trailcams on the only fresh scrape that I have found this year. I am going out there friday morning and I will "freshen" it up on my way to my stand. I dont know about human urine attracting deer but I have seen literally hundreds of deer walk past the outhouse at the cabin without a care in the world.Human scent may scare deer of in remote areas but after a while they seem to get used to it.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmike68 View Post
...I took a dump on the other side of the cutline which was about 30 ft wide....
Thats one big turd.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM

maybe it would work even better if you ate asparagus the night before!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:24 PM

im heading out tonight for a hunt through the rest of the week. i think after reading this im gonna get rid of the scent cover and just pis$ my pants. should be an amazing hunt, hope the boys understand though.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
Thats one big turd.

how much does he eat!?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Thats one big turd.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:31 PM

The whole 'bottled urine' thing is a huge scam. I have poured gallons of different scents & urines (including my own contributions) near my cameras. It doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. In my experience human urine is just as effective. The only variable with this could be an individuals diet.

Of course the bottlers of deer urine would have us believe we can't do without it, but trust me we can. I have to admit I have wasted hundreds of dollars over the years. The only time I will use it now is as a cover scent for bow hunting and occasionally one of the 'buck bombs' because they can be sprayed with the wind.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 PM

lmao .... this is really making me wonder ... im definatly going to try this out if i ever find somewhere to hunt this year lol
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
im heading out tonight for a hunt through the rest of the week. i think after reading this im gonna get rid of the scent cover and just pis$ my pants. should be an amazing hunt, hope the boys understand though.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ah god that was funny , Just be careful you'll get Icicles hangin .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine Boy View Post
The whole 'bottled urine' thing is a huge scam. I have poured gallons of different scents & urines (including my own contributions) near my cameras. It doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. In my experience human urine is just as effective. The only variable with this could be an individuals diet.

Of course the bottlers of deer urine would have us believe we can't do without it, but trust me we can. I have to admit I have wasted hundreds of dollars over the years. The only time I will use it now is as a cover scent for bow hunting and occasionally one of the 'buck bombs' because they can be sprayed with the wind.
Better start collecting pee from all them VEGETARIAN'S ..... Maybe thats all that stuff is .
Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Thats one big turd.
Just about choked on my snuff at that one!

I'm going to have to try makin' a few of my own scrapes next month.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM

after having read this post, a couple of days ago i realized that i still had half a bottle of my **** in my pack as i arrived at my blind. So I walked out 20 paces from my blind and made a scrape and poured my **** in there. after a couple of hours of nothing i see a buck come down the trail and sure enough he stops and spends at least 5 minutes standing over and sniffing intently at my **** puddle. i am not saying it attracted him but it sure got his attention and kept him right in front of me for a shot. lucky for him I already got my buck this year!!

M
Old 10-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Default Experiment

Moved one of my cameras to a cutblock edge lastnight that had some good scrape and rub action lastyear, and where I've seen bucks of varying size and species for the last 6 weeks. Tied a bottle I had prepared earlier in the day, and was now somewhat frozen with a pinhole in the bottom of it over a scrape I had made and started with a good coffee scented urine. West edge of cut oughta warm up with sun in am and melt a little drip. Aimed the camera, walked away with a chuckle, and can't wait to see when I get back to it in a few weeks. We may be putting a good deal of people at tinks outta a job when the results come in.

I'll update when I get the pics
Old 10-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnutz View Post
We may be putting a good deal of people at tinks outta a job when the results come in.

I'll update when I get the pics
remember.. it's my idea and i am in for 51%...
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM

I do drug and alcohol testing (bus drivers, pilots, truck drivers, etc.).......via collecting urine specimans (for the drug tests). When I first started I was concerned about health problems so I did some research on urine. Urine is sterile (from men anyways.......from woman during their menstrual cycle is questionable). Urine can be used to sterilize a wound if you are out in the boondocks. Back in the days of the Roman Empire the royality would have the peasants pee in a bathtub and then they would bathe in it......it supposedly made their skin soft.

In regards to how deer react to human urine, I've done a little experimenting myself over the years. There is a scrape about every year on the edge of the meadow behind my house as well as several rubs. I noticed yesterday that there were some fresh rubs. At any rate, a couple years back I collected pee in a jug and poured it on the scrape. The next day the scrape was torn apart. Whether it would have been regardless of whether I'd poured the pee in it or not is anyone's guess, but from what I've seen human urine definitely does not spook deer.

On another similar note, I've read tha the Wenzel's have used those sanitary napkins that ladies use during "That" time of the month with positive results. Don't ask me how they collect and store them...