Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 01:45 PM

Default anyone stay at Blue Bay G Esmeralda in Mayan question?

May take along a rod if I can fish around the resort. Anyone try? I have youtubed the beach area but thought it wouldn't hurt to pose the question here.
Will take my paddleboard too although last spring break the water was to rough at the resort we vacationed .

thanks

Did you like the resort?
Old 12-04-2017, 02:44 PM

Default Blue Bay

I stayed there a number of years ago. It was good. IIRC there is a pier out front to walk out on and we would feed the fish bread. Lots of little and medium sized fish swimming around. I did not see anyone fishing at all but I dont see why you couldnt.
I do remember that the restaurants and the lobby are all quite a distance (several hundred yards) from the rooms and the beach, so we hoofed it alot. They have staff running golf carts back and forth for those that didnt want to walk.
Things may have changed in recent years.Was a good experience.
kidd
Old 12-04-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd View Post
I stayed there a number of years ago. It was good. IIRC there is a pier out front to walk out on and we would feed the fish bread. Lots of little and medium sized fish swimming around. I did not see anyone fishing at all but I dont see why you couldnt.
I do remember that the restaurants and the lobby are all quite a distance (several hundred yards) from the rooms and the beach, so we hoofed it alot. They have staff running golf carts back and forth for those that didnt want to walk.
Things may have changed in recent years.Was a good experience.
kidd
I've never stayed at that particular resort, but my experience has been that places with docks that guests can snorkel and feed the fish off of frown on you fishing off it. But best to contact them and ask I guess. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Thanks guys.
Don't mind the walking and distances as we stayed at the Iberostar last year and it was huge and very spread out. The walking helps especially with the eating and drinking!!!!
Good point on the fishing and dock. A few years ago we went to the Riveria Nyarit side and when the family would take a walk up the beach there were great places to cast streamers into the surf and me with no rod!!!!!