Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2017, 01:37 AM

Default Jerry Lewis has passed

Jerry Lewis was always a great comedic entertainer. 91 years old. RIP and thanks for the laughs.
Jerry was fun to watch dance too....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowekQq6kY8
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 08-21-2017, 02:23 AM
Banned

Sleep peacefully....
Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Banned

rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLnqN6wIiXY
Old 08-21-2017, 08:55 AM

It had been so long since I'd last heard his name I was thinking he had already passed. I recall his charity telethons from my childhood, that sure was a pile of work that he put into those. From its inception in 1966 through 2009 that event raised $2.45 billion for muscular dystrophy. His entertainment career aside, that's a colossal contribution to humanity from Jerry.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
It had been so long since I'd last heard his name I was thinking he had already passed. I recall his charity telethons from my childhood, that sure was a pile of work that he put into those. From its inception in 1966 through 2009 that event raised $2.45 billion for muscular dystrophy. His entertainment career aside, that's a colossal contribution to humanity from Jerry.
yes
Old 08-21-2017, 09:17 AM

I never liked his comedy style, but it's hard to argue with his contribution to charities over the years. RIP
Old 08-21-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I never liked his comedy style, but it's hard to argue with his contribution to charities over the years. RIP

His comedy was also not my style, though I still respect the fellow. I was just saddened to have just read how some people have taken to demeaning him on various comments sections and Twitter. Apparently there was a contingent of people who opposed his association with the very fundraiser he had been with and built into what it is from the outset. Some considered his approach of eliciting pity and a few phrases he used to be demeaning and they felt slighted by him. I'm not sure if these trolls are remotely familiar with the fact that older people grew up in vastly different times when all kinds of social norms varied widely from today; perhaps they might just say "Thanks" and keep their 'words hurt my feelings' idiocy to themselves. Sadly that is not the behaviour of the current day know-it-all social justice warrior (who may have on-average raised somewhere from $0.15 to $19.32 for charity themselves......)
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM

I very much liked the team of Dean and Jerry.
Was younger but loved watching their movies.

MAC

Save time... see it my way