Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Default Carseland Bow Condition

Hey guys.

I was out at Carseland Father's Day weekend and the river seemed quite high and fast (at least in comparison to what I remember). Has anyone been out since? If so, how is it looking?

I was out fishing the RDR today and thought I may head down to the Bow tomorrow providing the conditions have improved. Even though I've never had much luck there.

As a bonus question, where do you guys usually have success there? And what do you have success on? Have always heard the Bow is more suited for the fly rod, and I've just picked one up not long ago. I've tried both from the weir downstream to the bridge, though mainly only ever on the campground side (south side) of the river and above the weir around Johnsons Island. Have always wondered about the north side around the bend not far from the weir.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2017, 12:32 PM

Default Thing are looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkb View Post
Hey guys.

I was out at Carseland Father's Day weekend and the river seemed quite high and fast (at least in comparison to what I remember). Has anyone been out since? If so, how is it looking?

I was out fishing the RDR today and thought I may head down to the Bow tomorrow providing the conditions have improved. Even though I've never had much luck there.

As a bonus question, where do you guys usually have success there? And what do you have success on? Have always heard the Bow is more suited for the fly rod, and I've just picked one up not long ago. I've tried both from the weir downstream to the bridge, though mainly only ever on the campground side (south side) of the river and above the weir around Johnsons Island. Have always wondered about the north side around the bend not far from the weir.

Thanks in advance!
River is looking better now it has lowered quite a bit. If you want to head out hit me up and we can meet up for a day.

Last edited by Flyguy_ca; 08-19-2017 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typo