Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2017, 06:37 PM

The viper is a nice little girls car. Or diminutive guy. I think 5'8 is the height restriction in it.
And the GT is in a class of its own, I can buy 5 new c7 corvette verts for the price of 1 GT.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-07-2017, 08:30 AM

I love the Challengers, such a cool looking car. Not a huge fan of the ass end but I can look past that. It truly is an awesome time for buying a sport/muscle car of any manufacture. I look forward to seeing the '18 wide body Hellcat in the flesh. Mid life crisis here I come, yeehaw! It's almost time to grow the moustache back, get my aviators out, dust off the old Van Halen and Loverboy CD's, and get Daddy some hot wheels!

Old 08-07-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
And that's were you lost me. Pretty sure there are exactly zero people on this forum who would take the 'Vette over this, which by the way, is the best domestic sports car built by far!
Boosted V6, uugghh... No denying that car though even with the V6, absolutely incredible. As amazing as that car is with the 6 imagine it with a boosted 8, or even 10 cylinder? I agree with Ken, I'll take a new Vette and 4 other cars to complement it but I suspect if your throwing down on the new GT you already have a full stable of wicked iron. Nice to dream, even if your dream is to own an F-150
Old 08-07-2017, 10:16 PM

gotta hand it to dodge for thinking the way they do. but in the end its still just a dodge.
te c7's are gorgeous but my 6-4 245lb arse doesnt fit in one no matter how much i would want one.
the 556-640 hp 200mph ctsv cadillac is the tops for me. anyone from from 2008 to present are spectacular units.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 08-07-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
gotta hand it to dodge for thinking the way they do. but in the end its still just a dodge.
te c7's are gorgeous but my 6-4 245lb arse doesnt fit in one no matter how much i would want one.
the 556-640 hp 200mph ctsv cadillac is the tops for me. anyone from from 2008 to present are spectacular units.
Try a convertible vette. Way more room. I am quite a bit bigger than you.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-08-2017, 02:43 AM

I love the new Challengers but they suck to drive. Rented one a little while ago and the Hemi was sweet but it was bad for a daily driver. Can't see much out the back window and the sides are too high. The bottom of the window is neck height.
I can't even imagine driving a GT on Alberta pothole filled roads.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM

Sports cars and muscle cars are all about taste. If you are a Mopar guy and you love the power of throwing a brick and watching it smash stuff .... this is the car for you. Nothing heavier goes faster, quicker or hits harder than this brick. Yeah !!!!

But - If you want a powerful responsive vehicle that handles like it's on rails, skip the brick and get an import like a Audi R10/Porsche/Lotus or something like that. The handling of these cars makes some people appreciate the engineering.

It's all a matter of taste.
At the end of the day, I want control and the ability to stop more than I want a raw rocket powered brick ..... but that's just me.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I'll keep my F-150

I can carry more than a set of golf clubs

I can drive it year round

A tuned rice burner won't embarrass me off the line

I can use regular fuel

If I scratch it off roading I don't cry

Repair bills won't put me in the poor house

She knows I'm not rich and that's not the reason she sleeps with me

Divorce proof

Each to his own I guess
Translation....."I cant afford one so I'm going to bash em"

Looper
Old 08-08-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post

Looper

Glad someone said it. I've been trying my best to behave this summer, and go into hunting season with a smile on my face and good Karma in the bank.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-08-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Sports cars and muscle cars are all about taste. If you are a Mopar guy and you love the power of throwing a brick and watching it smash stuff .... this is the car for you. Nothing heavier goes faster, quicker or hits harder than this brick. Yeah !!!!

But - If you want a powerful responsive vehicle that handles like it's on rails, skip the brick and get an import like a Audi R10/Porsche/Lotus or something like that. The handling of these cars makes some people appreciate the engineering.

It's all a matter of taste.
At the end of the day, I want control and the ability to stop more than I want a raw rocket powered brick ..... but that's just me.
Nice subtle put down to anyone who likes domestic cars. Where in Canada can any of it be used to its potential, other than going to a track? So might as well stick with what you think looks good. Great thing about being individuals. We all have different likes.

CSSA
Old 08-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post

Looper

Lol x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsledder View Post
Lol x2 or my wife won't let me get one.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
And some clowns would still rather a Camaro
That`d be me...at least i wouldn`t look like one
Old 08-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
Nice subtle put down to anyone who likes domestic cars. Where in Canada can any of it be used to its potential, other than going to a track? So might as well stick with what you think looks good. Great thing about being individuals. We all have different likes.
It was a subtle, but playful, dig .... yes but the point was the important part.

I don't dislike domestic sports cars or performance sedans at all. Some have brakes and suspension that match the power and handling characteristics of the vehicle and have been designed to suit. At a similar price point, Corvette had the complete package when the ZR1 came out. Suspension, brakes and handling matched the power and characteristics of the car.

I just don't see the point in dumping all your energy into making a bigger, more powerful, super engine and maybe not putting as much attention into the handling/braking or even cosmetics of the vehicles finishes. But again, that's just me. Maybe it handles like a dream and maybe I'm wrong - I am making these assumptions based on the experiences of people who have driven and tested the hellcats (so I'm expecting more of the same).

It's not for everyone was my point.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
It was a subtle, but playful, dig .... yes but the point was the important part.

I don't dislike domestic sports cars or performance sedans at all. Some have brakes and suspension that match the power and handling characteristics of the vehicle and have been designed to suit. At a similar price point, Corvette had the complete package when the ZR1 came out. Suspension, brakes and handling matched the power and characteristics of the car.

I just don't see the point in dumping all your energy into making a bigger, more powerful, super engine and maybe not putting as much attention into the handling/braking or even cosmetics of the vehicles finishes. But again, that's just me. Maybe it handles like a dream and maybe I'm wrong - I am making these assumptions based on the experiences of people who have driven and tested the hellcats (so I'm expecting more of the same).

It's not for everyone was my point.
Not for everyone agreed. But the Camaro ZL1 1LE will beat up the majority of offerings from most manufactures for a fraction of the price. I'm no Chevy lover, but what they've done with that car is nothing short of spectacular.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
And that's were you lost me. Pretty sure there are exactly zero people on this forum who would take the 'Vette over this, which by the way, is the best domestic sports car built by far!
If memory serves correct, even Jay Leno says the Corvette is hard to beat because you can use it as a grocery getter. Watch his video on it. If all you are concerned about is how high the price tag is, yes the corvette loses.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couleefolk View Post
If memory serves correct, even Jay Leno says the Corvette is hard to beat because you can use it as a grocery getter. Watch his video on it. If all you are concerned about is how high the price tag is, yes the corvette loses.
I would think the main judgement concerning a sports car would be its sporting performance. I would also suspect that the GT outperforms the 'Vette in the majority, if not all, empirical performance categories. Its a fine line though and varies for different people.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I would think the main judgement concerning a sports car would be its sporting performance. I would also suspect that the GT outperforms the 'Vette in the majority, if not all, empirical performance categories. Its a fine line though and varies for different people.
It's all about finding that 'sweet spot', between high performance and handling criteria, real world practicality (a civil car to drive daily), price, quality build, and good looks. Fuel efficiency....not so much an issue, but I do get 8.3 L per 100 km with mine averaged highway and city.

That's why I drive a Porsche.

OK, that last part is just being a Richard Noggin, but they really are a great all around driver's car by every metric. They are also #1 for holding their value, which can't be said of the domestics.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
You should sell your Porsche and invest in a Singer with that new Williams flat four. Its only money right....

It should be a sweet motor, NA, 500 hp, and redline beyond 9k. The downside is the engine alone will likely make the above GT look affordable.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You should sell your Porsche and invest in a Singer with that new Williams flat four. Its only money right....

It should be a sweet motor, NA, 500 hp, and redline beyond 9k. The downside is the engine alone will likely make the above GT look affordable.
Soon as the gold mine starts paying off, I'm getting right on that Trochu!

I'm a man of refined tastes, and I'm cheap. I will pay dearly for good whisky, but I like to look for deals on vehicles. Hence, a one owner low mileage Porsche was the route to my personal joy. I'm happy, other than the fact that there is no reasonable way to legally enjoy any of the cars mentioned in this thread without going to track day.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:31 PM

What's not to love about Dodge products. 25 mpg highway and 700+ hp.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:33 PM

Default 2018 dodge demon. The beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I'm thinking another corvette convertible may be in the garage soon. Hard to not live the c7 lines. By far the most comfortable of all the domestic 'supercars'.

Take one for a drive Ken. My cousin has one and it's a sweet car but I'd never buy it. Unless the the drivers seat has tons more room, big guys like you and I are cramped. I haven't been in the pilots chair but the copilot's chair is very tight. I'll take my hellcat for comfort alone.

Last edited by sparky660; 08-19-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky660 View Post
What's not to love about Dodge products. 25 mpg highway and 700+ hp.

Beauty. What an awesome car!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:21 AM

1) Hellcat/Demon=muscle car
2) Corvette/Porche=sports car
3) Gt/Bugatti=supercar
This thread is all over the place, comparing a Demon to a GT is ridiculous, it's like comparing a Cat 797 to a ten speed "but if Lance Armstrong on steroids was riding a ten speed he'd beat the 797". Bottom line, the Demon is a beast, and to clear something up, those pizza cutter tires are not for handling, they are for straight lines! Some people like NASCAR, some like Indy, some like NHRA, all completely different animals.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:03 AM

Default 2018 dodge demon. The beast.

Exactly, even to compare the demon to the hellcat is idiotic. Both cars intended for something totally different.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:15 PM

just so you know none of these can be use on a hunting trip so i will take my 4x4 over all of these ..
Old 08-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
Beauty. What an awesome car!
yup
Old 08-20-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
just so you know none of these can be use on a hunting trip so i will take my 4x4 over all of these ..
I'm really tempted to do a video hauling a white tail out of the front end trunk of my Porsche, just to prove that it can be done, if you fold them in half just right. And if they are kinda small......

Old 08-20-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
It's all about finding that 'sweet spot', between high performance and handling criteria, real world practicality (a civil car to drive daily), price, quality build, and good looks. Fuel efficiency....not so much an issue, but I do get 8.3 L per 100 km with mine averaged highway and city.

OK, that last part is just being a Richard Noggin, but they really are a great all around driver's car by every metric. They are also #1 for holding their value, which can't be said of the domestics.
Agreed. Porsche man myself. (gt3) paid way to much but holds its value which is nice. If i won the lottery id get that hybrid 918 with the flame shootin exhaust near rear window, and less carbon footprint then a prius. Just need $1,000,000.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I'm really tempted to do a video hauling a white tail out of the front end trunk of my Porsche, just to prove that it can be done, if you fold them in half just right. And if they are kinda small......
No need, just go to New Brunswick in deer season, you'll see deer tied to just about every kind of car. I've seen them tied on VW bugs, corvettes, had them tied to my Honda Accord, Nova SS and my Olds Cutlass back in the day. Thaty was 30 some years ago, maybe the law has changed but it used to be you had to have your deer exposed when transporting it to the deer inspection station and then the butcher or home.