Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2014, 01:57 PM

Default picked up my stuff from the gunsmith..

So I had some work done on some rifles recently at a well known gunsmith, who will remain nameless, and im somewhat displeased in the workmanship. I had some stock inletting and action machining done from the smith and it doesnt seem quite up to par with my standards of what a professional well known gunsmith should produce.

In my eyes when you have a stock inletted professionally, there shouldn't be chips or chunks out of the stock and straight lines should be straight not crooked in efforts to follow a straight line.

Also in my eyes, when there is machine work done on an action, you'd think they would clean out the fillings and shavings from the action to ensure nothing ends up where it shouldn't be or something getting damaged.

Now I'm not trying to raise a huge stink, but I'm thoroughly disappointed. The damage is already done on the stocks, and yes the actions could be cleaned (so long as there is no damage) but what are my options at this point? What would you do as a customer?

I did not have the time to inspect the work before taking it home, so I have yet to discuss this with the smith. I have been completely satisfied as a customer with them up until this point, and I would like to continue as their customer.

Thanks guys