Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:31 AM

Just goes to show... when the going get's tough, blame everything on the incumbent party, and then vote for the BIGGEST RATS....

I hope I am wrong but those who ignore history are doomed to repeat failure.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertacoyotecaller View Post
Where are they going to go? They aren't your mom and pop convenience store. You think the big oil companies don't have other places they can put there money and get good returns on investment?

As for those that said they would share their money to make a better place. Pm me and I will give you my address to send a cheque to. Oh that's right, it isn't that simple. It has to go to the gov first which is going to grow and grow and then off to the people that need it according to someone else's standards.

As soon as I know a phone number to call, I am calling and voicing my opinion on gov workers wages and pensions and asking for a wage freeze and pension renegotiating. We have to balance a budget somehow and we might as well start there.

The standard has been set by the administrators.

So I do agree with what you have expressed.

An administrator can be both the worker and you.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Sold all my oil and gas stocks well before the election. Own a house though. Time will tell.
I will make an assumption you are under 40 years old but over 30?

With what you have given you will do well.

I only question your post because I am envious, you seem balanced.

I only have fire.

And now must follow protocol when burning.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:50 AM

In the next little while, we will hear some statements coming from our new NDP government in Press Conferences. I believe that they will state that they had "No Idea" that the financial mess was this big and that they will have to introduce new fees and taxes in order to fix the problems left to them by the PC's. This will allow them to blame everything on the old Party and break every promise from the Campaign.

I just sold my house and have the option to not buy another. I will definitely not be buying, that is 100%. I really do believe that this Government can cripple Alberta.

Many people will wake up over the next few months and ask: "Jesus Christ, What have we done?!!!"
Old 05-06-2015, 01:52 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
Don't think it was a NDP win as much as a PC Loss...destruction.

I think you are right.

Sadly I don't think they ( PC party) are capable of understanding what happened. I believe that is proven by their leaders reaction to the election results.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-06-2015, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
In the next little while, we will hear some statements coming from our new NDP government in Press Conferences. I believe that they will state that they had "No Idea" that the financial mess was this big and that they will have to introduce new fees and taxes in order to fix the problems left to them by the PC's. This will allow them to blame everything on the old Party and break every promise from the Campaign.

I just sold my house and have the option to not buy another. I will definitely not be buying, that is 100%. I really do believe that this Government can cripple Alberta.

Many people will wake up over the next few months and ask: "Jesus Christ, What have we done?!!!"
Yep I suspect they will.

Unfortunately, I think many don't have a clue as to what just went down and I doubt the same ones will learn anything tbh.

Sad day for Alberta.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:02 AM
Gone Hunting

Honestly, I don't get what all the fuss is about.

For sure I'd be much happier if the Wild Rose party had won but can the NDP really do any worse then the PC party has? Is that even possible?

Yes I know their history, and I know the history of the PC party.
They took us from out of debt ten years ago to back in the same hole we were in twenty years ago, you remember, when we almost had to declare bankruptcy?

They replaced trusted companies with their crooked buddies companies and they built themselves a whole lot of money making ventures with our money.

It looks to me like all we did was replace crooks with idiots. Is that so bad?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post

It looks to me like all we did was replace crooks with idiots. Is that so bad?
I would rather invest my money in a guy dealing 3 Card Monty in a back alley than give a known idiot the money to go and play.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I would rather invest my money in a guy dealing 3 Card Monty in a back alley than give a known idiot the money to go and play.
Seems to me the outcome is the same either way. That's why I chose WR, at least with them we have a chance of getting a good government. With the other two we knew there was no chance. No chance at all.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-06-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Seems to me the outcome is the same either way. That's why I chose WR, at least with them we have a chance of getting a good government. With the other two we knew there was no chance. No chance at all.
At least splitting the proceeds with the crook dealing the game gives back some return. The idiot will just keep coming back for more money believing she just about has the game all figured out.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 AM

Default omg

Well from your neighbors to the West, we stare with incredulous eyes at what Albertans have done. There is a good reason the NDP has not been reelected as the ruling party in BC. Every time people give it a passing thought, they then come to their senses and remember what it was like when they did rule the province and say "Hell No". You folks must have been plenty mad at the Conservatives to kick them out, but the NDP will not have a magic wand that they can wave to make things better. But in the meantime, get ready for increased taxes (did anyone say sales tax) and countless social programs to help the poor and underprivileged. All this will leave your wallet thinner but hey you should feel better, at least that is what the NDP will tell you. Look on the bright side after 4 years of NDP rule, they will be turfed out and you can bring in another party to undo the damage they have caused. My two cents worth.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:30 AM

Doomed were all doomed !!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:03 AM

Last edited by JohninAB; 05-06-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:38 AM

Maybe, just maybe, if half of you who say that you're moving to BC or Saskatchewan or back to where you've come from, have the guts to follow through on your words and actually do so, the classrooms won't be so crowded and we won't need so many new schools and teachers and the hospital wait times will get shorter and the staff will be less stressed. Oh, and maybe there will be more fish and game left for the rest of us! If you do leave, it will just make the new government's job that much easier, because maybe the old one's downfall was trying to provide services for the rapidly growing population that has come with our thriving economy. It may cost the few of us that will still be here a bit more to live, but maybe the resulting living conditions will be worth it. And to those of you who do have the resolve to pack up and leave because you think you're better off elsewhere, all the best to you, travel safely and don't let the "Welcome to Alberta" signs hit you in the butt on the way out. GN
Old 05-06-2015, 05:54 AM

I am certainly mot moving anywhere. I worked and paid my taxes here since before many of the people that voted NDP were even born, so now that I am retiring, I am going to take advantage every benefit that I can, and let those people that are still working pay for it. The only difference between myself and most NDP voters, is that I worked full time for 35 years and never drew EI or welfare.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:56 AM

Default Keep it down over there

Hard to sleep in Sask last night the wailing and moaning went on all night

and there was this fat lady singing?
Old 05-06-2015, 05:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Nope Alberta still have the Calgary Flames so the province has a saviour or

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 AM

Ah the wailing and gnashing of teeth thread! Reminds me of a coyote convention.

Carry on!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:11 AM

Congratulations to Miss Notley and her party's win. What I find most interesting is the lack of whining about the need for proportional representation instead of the current "first past the post" type that we heard so much about during the results of the last federal election. I wonder if all those who were in strong favor of it then will stand up and proclaim it now? Oh wait, a Majority NDP government, let's listen to the crickets sing. What's the word I'm looking for....HYPOCRICY!
Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member Life Member
Old 05-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Banned

Default My three questions???

My three questions, does anyone know the answer without guessing?

Will the NDP initiate a Provincial Sales Tax, and if so, how much will it be?
What will be the increase in corporate tax be?
And are they going to initiate a Provincial Gun Registry?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:32 AM

So much drama on this thread and others. Give them a chance. If they screw this up Albertans wont give them 44 years to change. Guaranteed.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:14 AM

the forestry industry was doing well , but the ndp hates west fraser and tolko so yes we really are doomed these companies will start selling off asap in some communities , wait and see, between the ndp and the american softeood deal ending the north is doomed for sure, but bu that time all the condos in edmonton and calgary will be low income housing, we can live there
Old 05-06-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post

No.
2%
No.

Unless they change their mind.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Last time I heard those lines Ontario introduced HST.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Banned

http://business.financialpost.com/ne..._lsa=3b05-dff6
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 AM

I have been working on selling my business in hopes to move back to Alberta. Truly missed Alberta and was looking forward to becoming a resident again.

The down turn in oil prices did not scare me away as I could see a future rebound. Yes, the PC's were crooks but they would have worked on getting the economy going again so they could line there pockets. I would not trust the NDP to manage my six year olds piggy bank.

The recent down turn in Alberta's economy was do to global market oil prices. If the down turn in economy is the reason people voted NDP well it is going to get worse.

NDP is not hunter friendly or economy friendly. 2 important things for my life style. Add in past experience living under an NDP govt I will not do it again.

I will not be coming to Alberta as I will not risk my hard earned $ in a NDP Alberta. I am just a small business man who will no longer invest in Alberta and odds are there is bigger companies thinking the same.

I wish the best to my friends in Alberta as the future looks dim.

The way Canada has been going New Zealand is starting to look good
Old 05-06-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:

...iirc it was a 'no'..'+2-3%corp tax'..'no'....but it's all speculation, since any party will say anything to get elected and start rescinding promises once the reality sets in. But i'm sure all of Rachel's 20-something MLA will use all their life experience to come up with sound policy...in between texting, downloading apps for their smartphones & catching up on their fave YouTube videos.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
My new MLA is 20yrs old and lives at home with his parents....lol. I'm sure he is going to bring a wonderful perspective to the legislature floor.
This is what happens when people decide to vote for another party for NO OTHER REASON than change. Reading the party policies? Reading about what damage was done to other provinces under NDP rule? Meh! Why do that? Just vote for the NDP, they probably won't get in anyway...And now the worst possible outcome, much worse than an NDP minority, as they can do what they want. My brother, who works in the oil patch, said oil had better hit $100/bbl. in a friggin' hurry to pay for all her spending schemes! You know this won't happen so where will she get her money?? TAX.

I voted PC, and would have preferred the WR any day to the Notley Destruction Party.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 05-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Banned

All I have to say after reading this entire thread is that am I ever happy I own a company that repossess assets and remarkets them. Looks like business will get busier then ever!

Have lived through NDP in Manitoba, tragic.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
All I have to say after reading this entire thread is that am I ever happy I own a company that repossess assets and remarkets them. Looks like business will get busier then ever!

Have lived through NDP in Manitoba, tragic.
You sir, are about to become a very wealthy man.
Closed Thread