Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2023, 05:20 PM

Default UTILITYnet

Anybody deal with these guys as an electricity retailer? Good? Bad? Otherwise?

My current retailer can not provide electricity to our new property that is serviced by a REA, so I need to find a new retailer from the list that the REA provided.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:23 PM

which rea and please provide the list the rea provided

most REA’S are corrupt and yes I participated in a provincial inquiry and a ex board member threatened to burn down my house on the phone
Old 08-08-2023, 05:31 PM

West Wetaskiwin REA

The list:
  • Active Business Services
  • Alberta Cooperative Energy
  • Direct Energy
  • Hudson Energy
  • Link Energy
  • TransAlta
  • Utility Networks & Partners Inc. (Abode Energy, Acorn Energy, Adagio Energy, Alberta Utility Source, Bow Valley Power, Brighter Futures Energy, Camrose Energy, Echo Energy, EMCO Energy, Fluent Utilities, Foothills Energy Co-Op, Get Energy, Mountain View Power, Newgen Energy, Park Power, Ridge Utilities, Sandstone Energy, Solarmax Power, Spot Power, Tassa Energy, Utilitynet, Vector Energy, Wholesale Power)
  • Xoom Energy Canada ULC

The only two names that I recognize are Direct Energy and TransAlta. I swore I would never deal with Direct Energy again and I believe TransAlta only sells to businesses.

ARG

Quote:
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:34 PM

boy did they screw their members on this on

asking my lady directors now of our registered society

tomahawk rea members society

Spot is part of utility net I,think and are pretty good rates and way better than REA’S and helped get the rea rates and providers down a few years ago

everybody is high right now

my 3 year locked in with spot at about 5.5 seniors rate just expired august 1st and now is about 12.5

944 services and 17 million in assets yiu guys should sell to fortis

Last edited by Cement Bench; 08-08-2023 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:04 PM

What makes the rea's corrupt?
Old 08-08-2023, 08:30 PM

read the provincial inquiry into the affairs of the tomahawk REA report and then ask if there are still questions

they run them into the ground then get fortis to rebuild then run them into the ground again just west of edmonton going on now

used to be ABLUT 400 REA’S niw about 41 left the rest sold to atco and fortis as the members wanted out

they don’t report what the rea is worth, don’t allow a sale vote, and so on ask Mayerthorpe rea members, lindane members tomahawk members

don’t allow members to come to annual meetings don’t allow documents to be given out, don’t allow membership lists to be given to members to be used to contact other members to get them to a annual meeting

could go,on,for days, terrible situation
Old 08-08-2023, 08:56 PM

But that 12.5 looks really good compared to the 30 cent RRO!

This is my first time dealing with a REA and I must confess I am somewhat confused about who's who in the zoo...

As far as I can tell, West Wetaskiwin REA owns the poles and the lines, but don't actually do anything. The contract Battle River Power Coop to operate things, even the bill comes from Battle River.

And can anybody tell me what "Load Settlement" is? According to the information on the last page of the bill:
LOAD SETTLEMENT - The fee charged by Fortis Alberta for providing Load Settlement Service per active service.
So load settlement is load settlement... great. What the heck is load settlement? And it looks like Fortis is part of this zoo too.

ARG

Quote: