Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

Default hero to zero in 1 second flat

just wondering if anyone else was out on lake isle today and happened to notice the red chevy doing 80mph doughnuts on the ice ... he had a set of tire chains on the back wheels and one side let go... the sound of crunching metal was unmisatakable im sure across the whole lake... i had a front row seat and witnessed him get out as 4 or 5 lucky lager cans fell out on the lake... just wondering if he was still out there trying to pull the chains out of his leaf springs???
Old 01-23-2010, 03:30 PM

One thing for sure, you can't fix stupid!!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Dang! That would have been worth the price of admission!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Dang! That would have been worth the price of admission!
oh my it was... and since the price of admission was a bag of smelts and a bag of maggots... well worth it... but definatelly stupid... idk it seems like such an annoyance but when u see smth like that go by u at 60mph u cant help but watch and cheer on the fact that maybe he might hit an ice heave and later have to spend a whole lot of money fixin his shat
Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 PM

had a front row seat and witnessed him get out as 4 or 5 lucky lager cans fell out on the lake... just wondering

just wondering and would like to ask the question.... if you saw someone doing this and seen the cans fall out of his truck would you call the local authorities to reprot a drunk driver? .... or would you let this go as some jack*** just out f***aro***.... and leave it at that?
me .... if they are that stuipid we can fix it .... call theauthorites and get this jack*** off the roads !!!! if a fellow is out enjoying the day and has a couple no problem .. [ i do too ] .... but i also had to wake up my wife one night to tell her taht her best freind was jsut killed by a drunk driver.... no one should have to do this cause of stupid people that no one wants to fix !!!!
derek
Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 PM

my question is if lucky luager cans fell out of the cab of his pick em up, obviously he was also driveing while impaired why wasnt the authorities notiffied about that as well????? obviously he was putting every man women and child and their pets, in danger wth his antics on the ice and his drive home
Old 01-24-2010, 09:29 PM

Yup the bonehead needs an impaired charge. Unfortuanately not everyone packs a cell phone when ice fishing. I personaly don't want to be bothered when fishing so I leave mine at home.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 PM

Gotta love the fact that he wrecked part of his truck, would have loved to see it!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlej View Post
had a front row seat and witnessed him get out as 4 or 5 lucky lager cans fell out on the lake... just wondering

just wondering and would like to ask the question.... if you saw someone doing this and seen the cans fall out of his truck would you call the local authorities to reprot a drunk driver? .... or would you let this go as some jack*** just out f***aro***.... and leave it at that?
me .... if they are that stuipid we can fix it .... call theauthorites and get this jack*** off the roads !!!! if a fellow is out enjoying the day and has a couple no problem .. [ i do too ] .... but i also had to wake up my wife one night to tell her taht her best freind was jsut killed by a drunk driver.... no one should have to do this cause of stupid people that no one wants to fix !!!!
derek
well partner... didnt have a cell phone on me and i wasnt going to cut into my limited fishing time to spend an hour running to the phone to go rat some guy out who may or may not have been impaired.... thats why
Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 PM

Here in Whitecourt you better be in a gunfight if you think you are going to get a speedy response from the RCMP.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlej View Post

derek
me and BBJ did that last year on a guy out at coal. was told by the rcmp as long as he was on the lake the couldnt do anything about it. untill he came off the lake phone back then. and it would be atleast a hour before they had a car free. hell i can be in edmonton and home in 30 min
Old 01-24-2010, 11:45 PM

well partner... didnt have a cell phone on me and i wasnt going to cut into my limited fishing time to spend an hour running to the phone to go rat some guy out who may or may not have been impaired.... thats why sorry i took it for granted that every one has a cell phone with them now a days...but i do work to much... and yes we do not have enough time for fishing so i do not fault you on this....but for RATTING SOME GUY OUT....i would not feel bad about ratting some one out to save a life....the only time i think you may be RATTING SOME ONE OUT is when you are with them in the same boat.... as i said i do have a few cool ones while out as well and if it is to may to drive my wife will drive ... my life is my class 1 liciense

me and BBJ did that last year on a guy out at coal. was told by the rcmp as long as he was on the lake the couldnt do anything about it. untill he came off the lake phone back then. and it would be atleast a hour before they had a car free. hell i can be in edmonton and home in 30 min well at least you did something....as for out on teh ice and not able to do anything about it...they jsut did not want to get laught at with a stuck car trying to chase a truck out on a frozen lake.... and for that i thank you and any one who phones regardless if some thing is done or not
Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 AM

Funny how a lot of you fellas think because there is a beer can that that automatically means the driver of said vehicle is impaired. Are you going to phone a cop every time you see me? I pick up others junk and haven't taken a drink of alchol for 25 years so you might look just as stupid as the fellow with the chains. If you think shooting coyotes on the lake is all right then what's the problem of the guy having some fun even if it did cost him some loot.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Banned

We pick up other guys junk as well - usually put it on the floor in the back till we get back home. Didn't go very well for my wife when she got stopped out hunting and the back floor was littered with beer cans. She got it straightened out since she hadn't done anything wrong, but the officers were a little "terse".
Old 01-25-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post
We pick up other guys junk as well - usually put it on the floor in the back till we get back home. Didn't go very well for my wife when she got stopped out hunting and the back floor was littered with beer cans. She got it straightened out since she hadn't done anything wrong, but the officers were a little "terse".
I got one guy who drives around here who drinks a certain beer[I ain't advertising for them] and I had 9 cans in the truck when our local CO stopped me. He said "If I didn't know you Barry that would have led to a call to the local RCMP detachment". Then he thanked me and we parted ways.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitw View Post
Funny how a lot of you fellas think because there is a beer can that that automatically means the driver of said vehicle is impaired. Are you going to phone a cop every time you see me? I pick up others junk and haven't taken a drink of alchol for 25 years so you might look just as stupid as the fellow with the chains. If you think shooting coyotes on the lake is all right then what's the problem of the guy having some fun even if it did cost him some loot.
my point exactly... i didnt know if he was even drinking... i seen the cans and maybe he was maybe he wasnt... but like i also said i wasnt gonna cut into my time to go to town to call the cops on just a hunch
Old 01-25-2010, 09:37 AM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

First off Jacob, let me be clear, I am NOT busting your chops for anything you did or did not do. A man does what a man does when it comes to his own code of minding his own business. I have struggled with that for many years and still haven't come up with any concrete easy answers.
I would, however, like to comment about our attitudes towards impaired driving. DUI ( or any of it's other abbreviations) is an offence under the criminal code in Alberta. Impaired drivers kill, maim, injure and cause property loss almost every day across Canada. (I don't know the actual statistics but I'll bet someone does...?) Going into a 7-11 with a gun to rob it is also a criminal offence as is Assault with intent or Domestic violence or Sexual assault. Not one of us here would hesitate a fraction of a second to turn in someone committing any of these offences and some would even jeopardize their own safety and try and prevent these crimes. None of us would lose a moment of sleep worrying about turning in one of these offenders and yet we still question whether or not it is the "right thing to do" when it comes to turning in a DUI. Yet they are ALL an offence under the Criminal Code and they ALL do damage to individual people, property and society as a whole.
In my lifetime I have seen DUI go from a pat on the back and "You go straight home now" from the police to 24 hour suspensions to criminal code convictions with licence suspensions. I have witnessed peoples attitudes go from supporting the impaired driver to hiding the impaired driver to ignoring the impaired driver to publicly condemning the impaired driver while covertly chuckling about it. I'm not sure how to describe todays current attitude towards impaired drivers but I am sure of one thing. The only acceptable attitude is ZERO tolerance. I have been very fortunate in my life in that I have never lost a family member to a DUI but I have had co-workers and neighbours that have lost family to DUI. Talk to any DUI victim or survivor and they don't feel any different than the victim of the 7-11 heist or the victim of Domestic violence or Sexual assault.
Our attitudes need to change. We, as a society, need to make it clear to all that DUI is not acceptable behaviour any more than any other criminal act. Zero tolerance means we should expect to get the "third degree" from police when a bunch of beer cans fall out of our truck door no matter why they were there. Anything less means we are okay with the innocent lives lost, the carnage, death and destruction cause by DUI.
IMHO stand up, be a MAN, do the RIGHT THING and turn in the criminal. If the police chose not to respond that puts the ball in THEIR court. They can answer for not responding to criminal reports.

*Disclaimer*
I am not lily white. I have broken DUI laws in my past. That doesn't make it right nor can I defend it. I DO NOT break those same laws anymore because my attitude has changed. I catch myself returning to old attitudes and I correct myself by remembering the damage done. If I see you DUI I WILL turn you in. Period.

Keep Your Powder Dry,
Dave.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Acting like a j@ck@ss and drinking Lucky....Yep, sounds like a Chevy owner to me!

Easy guys, just joking around!