Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Dude it keeps me supported when I use my fly rod.

Me inline I am like the golden child just ask my wife. "shut up Steve"
Wife has new name???????
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Wife has new name???????
HAHAHA very funny, I'm not supposed to say anything about " Mr. golden child " or anything about "the wife " either ( nothing bad honest ) ...lol
Good thing I can type and bite my tongue at the same time, I won't say a word - promise.....
Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 PM

Default Raffle During Gathering Weekend!!

Hey Guys after talking to flygirl and jts1 we are gonna be doing a 50/50 draw and prize raffle at the gathering in support of charity.

We want to pick a charity that gives back to fishing if you have any ideas of a good one post it on here or pm me i will make a list and than we can pick as a group during the gathering as to which we would like to donate to!!

I will be going out to look for prizes for the raffle if you have something you would like to donate or if you cant make it but would still like to donate let me know and we can make other arrangements!!

Thanks alot guys look forward to seeing you out there!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 PM

What about that war vets thing jts was gonna do before????
Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 PM

You mean the take a vet fishing. That would be a good idea if it was set up and a sure thing but at this point it may not be. We will need to donate to something that is already established and ongoing.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM

I will have a fly box full of flies to contribute. Will post pic when got it all done. Take A vet Fishing has been delayed till we can get it all sorted out it is a huge task.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Should be changing to our 4 day a week shifts soon Im hoping, so maybe a slim chance I will make it. If not I will hit all your guys favorite fishing holes that weekend and clean them all out

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 AM

Possible charities:

http://www.albertastreamwatch.com/ (run by TUC)

http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/ (ties in nicely with JST1s "Take a Vet to SAWT" and gets my vote . . . there is a Canadian division, now)

http://www.tucanada.org/

http://www.castingforrecovery.com/

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:05 AM

Default darn

my gkids are away with their mom that weekend ........im sure they would have had a ball ...even though we would have been camping in my clam icefishing tent lol

my wife and i might go up to visit you guys for a daytrip

ron and mar
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Shelly why dont you start a vote thread for your suggestions. Or have members e-mail you with theirs and post it. Give them a deadline to e-mail you. Check with jst1 and see what he thinks.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxxxm22 View Post
my gkids are away with their mom that weekend ........im sure they would have had a ball ...even though we would have been camping in my clam icefishing tent lol

my wife and i might go up to visit you guys for a daytrip

ron and mar
This weekend is open to all A.O. members, those with kiddies and those without. We just thought one weekend a year wouldnt hurt to dedicate to the kids. Come on out, enjoy the fun and enjoy the kids. lend a hand. Bring ideas. Meet other members, Thats what its all about.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Shelly why dont you start a vote thread for your suggestions. Or have members e-mail you with theirs and post it. Give them a deadline to e-mail you. Check with jst1 and see what he thinks.
Alberta Conservation is another good one (http://www.ab-conservation.com). They, of course, run the "Report a Poacher" program and rely on donated funds to keep this and other programs afloat.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please EMAIL them to me. Click on "DarkAisling" beside the stupid green bird, and choose "Send Email to DarkAisling." Your email address will be revealed to me if you do this. My PM box is something like 98% full, and I don't have time to clean it out right now.

Once I have a list, I'll email it to Jeff for approval. Then I'll create a poll, taking Jeff's wishes into account. I hope to compile the list for Jeff by 8PM tonight, so I can get the poll up and running tomorrow.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Thank you all for being so active in the gathering. I have done a doz or so now and it is great to see you all getting your hands dirty and sharing your ideas. The charity is a group choice not just for one person to decide. I would vote for a charity that would help kids. Keeping with the theme for the weekend. A local school lunch program,. Big Brothers etc etc. I will start paying more attention to this next week. We will get the pot luck, games and gear list all started then.

I trust everyone is contacting flygirl with your trailer information....

This gathering is open TO ALL members as flygirl said. I can assure you that you will get to know some top shelf people and have a great time doing it.
I will ask that everyone posts there confirmation of attendance on this thread with party size and sex and age of your little ones.

As I said I will let this thread float for the weekend and then start getting involved next week. Thank you all again. Have a great weekend and stay safe out there

Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Thank you all for being so active in the gathering. I have done a doz or so now and it is great to see you all getting your hands dirty and sharing your ideas. The charity is a group choice not just for one person to decide. I would vote for a charity that would help kids. Keeping with the theme for the weekend. A local school lunch program,. Big Brothers etc etc. I will start paying more attention to this next week. We will get the pot luck, games and gear list all started then.

I trust everyone is contacting flygirl with your trailer information....

This gathering is open TO ALL members as flygirl said. I can assure you that you will get to know some top shelf people and have a great time doing it.
I will ask that everyone posts there confirmation of attendance on this thread with party size and sex and age of your little ones.

As I said I will let this thread float for the weekend and then start getting involved next week. Thank you all again. Have a great weekend and stay safe out there
Jeff, I m keeping track of units, people, # of kids etc. i will post next week who is going .
Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 PM

I have 4 parents and 5 kids so far all in tents. 3 boys age 9 13 15 and 2 girls age 6 9

Old 05-22-2010, 09:49 PM

bump
Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 PM

So far who's going............

dmckay- 4 kids
fishbrain-3 kids
flygirl- 1 kid
tonyflyfish-himself as the kid
jts1 and jts2

this is what I have as confirmed through e-mails.....
Please e-mail me if your attending so we have an idea how many kids are comming.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Sorry. I still don't know exactly what we're doing yet . . . #1 son might be working. As soon as I know, you'll know We do plan to attend (and hotel it) . . . just not sure how many of us yet.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
So far who's going............

dmckay- 4 kids
fishbrain-3 kids
flygirl- 1 kid
tonyflyfish-himself as the kid
jts1 and jts2

this is what I have as confirmed through e-mails.....
Please e-mail me if your attending so we have an idea how many kids are comming.
Not enough fishing time this weekend. I forgot Hunter Trav-3 kids

So far thats 11 kids. Jts1 I dont know if the ones you have down are counted in mine. If not let me know who they are and how many. Thanx.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 PM

ok im in.. no kids just immature me
Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
ok im in.. no kids just immature me
arent ya bringin John?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know i have some great prizes for the gathering and am still working on more if anyone has anything else they would like to donate please let me know!!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Our lovely roachman (who is neither a roach or a man, so her alias confuses me), has picked up some prizes as well. I've suggested that she contact tjohnson to coordinate At this rate we're going to have lots of prizes for the kiddies!

I'm rethinking the medal idea . . . I'm thinking of going with Fox40s on ribbons instead of medals for every child. The Fox40s are more practical, I think, and everyone should have one

Edit: We still don't know if #1 son will be coming. We've firmly decided on a hotel, as that is just so much easier with our little guy (who becomes VERY ornery if he doesn't get a good sleep). Craig has decided that all he wants for Father's Day is breakfast in bed . . . room service will make that very easy

So, Craig, Grayson, Robbie (our Lhasa Apso . . . who children must approach with caution), and myself will be there. James may or may not be there, depending on his Callaway Park work schedule.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:49 AM

hhhhhmmmmmmmm
I think the wife has made plans for the weekend...I better find out and get them changed

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
hhhhhmmmmmmmm
I think the wife has made plans for the weekend...I better find out and get them changed
Did you not check with your wife before you RSVPd?

Naughty!

Anyhoo, I'm doing the Fox40s for the kids as participation prizes. I've ordered break-away lanyards from Edmonton for them (the safest way for kids to wear them around there necks).

Roachman is a machine. I can't believe what she's up to!

This is looking like a serious "should not be missed" event for the kiddies

Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Can't wait. Is someone putting together a list for a potluck? Sorry, not sure how you all have done this in the past. Is one night potluck and the next fend for yourself?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM

is this the medicine lake that is just east of Jasper?
I am looking at a map and it is the only one I can find

And YES Shelley, I did check with the wife, but she seems to have made plans with everyone for every weekend of this summer and I just want to go fishing

Old 06-01-2010, 11:07 AM

Northeast of RMH. See flygirrl's post on the first page. I originally thought the one by Jasper too.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckay View Post
Can't wait. Is someone putting together a list for a potluck? Sorry, not sure how you all have done this in the past. Is one night potluck and the next fend for yourself?
I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
And YES Shelley, I did check with the wife, but she seems to have made plans with everyone for every weekend of this summer and I just want to go fishing
Good man It is Father's Day weekend . . . you should be able to go on a family fishing trip if you want to!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckay View Post
Northeast of RMH. See flygirrl's post on the first page. I originally thought the one by Jasper too.
I saw that but am unable to find it on google, the only one that comes up is the one near jasper