Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Default Bow Hunting Permit question?

I was just looking on AlbertaRELM and dont quite understand how to go about getting a bow hunting permit, do I have to purchase the Wildlife Certificate first?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJK View Post
I was just looking on AlbertaRELM and dont quite understand how to go about getting a bow hunting permit, do I have to purchase the Wildlife Certificate first?
I think you have to buy a certificate first....

LC
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Thanks LC.

Apon further reading on this site i gathered that first I purchase the wildlife certificate then the bow hunting permit, is this correct? I also read that both can be purchased at cantire or walmart, is this also correct? If i were to purchase them on AlbertaRELM are they to be printed off or do they get sent to my address apposed to going to cantire and getting them tonight?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Yes you can print them immediately and free copies anytime you need them.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks LC.

Apon further reading on this site i gathered that first I purchase the wildlife certificate then the bow hunting permit, is this correct? I also read that both can be purchased at cantire or walmart, is this also correct? If i were to purchase them on AlbertaRELM are they to be printed off or do they get sent to my address apposed to going to cantire and getting them tonight?
what are you looking to hunt? there isnt much left open that would require a license.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Thank you for bringing up the bowhunting permit. I for one 100% disagree with this $9.66 licence. Why are bow hunters paying....to bowhunt?
I dont know, maybe its just me, hate to ruffle anyones feathers.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson340 View Post
Thank you for bringing up the bowhunting permit. I for one 100% disagree with this $9.66 licence. Why are bow hunters paying....to bowhunt?
I dont know, maybe its just me, hate to ruffle anyones feathers.
im sure the fee is token to cover administartion, and the reason is to get a handle on how many bowhunters there are....or at least its what ive been told.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
im sure the fee is token to cover administartion, and the reason is to get a handle on how many bowhunters there are....or at least its what ive been told.
What administration?, i know its only $9.66 but hell, no one buys a rifle hunting permit
Old 12-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson340 View Post
What administration?, i know its only $9.66 but hell, no one buys a rifle hunting permit
if you print a license there is an administartion cost to it. there is also someone somewhere compiling those stats. im not saying the cost is representative, but there is a price. id guess that rifle hunters are assumed to be rifle hunters when they dont but the archery permit. it makes more sense than that they would would be using rocks.....
Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 PM

Really guys?? It's 10 bucks!! Once a year!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 PM

I just bought my bow not to long ago and been practicing ALOT and think I am doing very well, I have also been learning to call in coyotes and a couple times called them into bow range (but without bow in hand). So I figured next time Im hiding in the bush calling them in I'd like to have everything I need to be legal if I get the chance to take one. That being said, is it wrong to call in an animal without the intent to shoot it? That may be a dumb question but I just want to go about everything the right way.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I just bought my bow not to long ago and been practicing ALOT and think I am doing very well, I have also been learning to call in coyotes and a couple times called them into bow range (but without bow in hand). So I figured next time Im hiding in the bush calling them in I'd like to have everything I need to be legal if I get the chance to take one. That being said, is it wrong to call in an animal without the intent to shoot it? That may be a dumb question but I just want to go about everything the right way.
I would't say its wrong, but you may be educating the coyotes once they realize whats going on. They would be harder to call in the next time.