Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2016, 06:03 PM

Bombardier supply the cars. It will be built by local construction. Example LRT in Waterloo is being built by Aecon.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=markz;3145817]Whats the murder rate in Edmonton these days?
Probably a little more murders with that new line being built.

Some news report said something about a train going from Calgary to Banff; it is on a CPR line, just need the locomotive and passenger. Already got the station too, which is the Greyhound building. Could be done for a handful of millions.
Greyhound and Brewsters both go to Banff. I think I paid $20 with the dog to Canmore then city bus to banff for $6. Brewsters I heard is cheaper. eBus and Red Arrow might go there too.

Then theres the chatter about a high-speed train from Calgary to Edmonton, what a joke that is. They'd have to lay new line, best to buy some locomotives and cabs and use CPR line. Would not happen. Greyhound aint bad now, wifi, power some have more leg room.[/QUOTE

You sound like a transportation expert. What's with the reference to the murder rate bright eyes.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
Bombardier supply the cars. It will be built by local construction. Example LRT in Waterloo is being built by Aecon.
My thoughts, Ellis Don will be the prime contractor, probably gonna be a bunch of local subs. Hopefully, Bombardier will supply the cars on time, don't think they have a good record in that regard. Efficiency is not their watchword.

Grizz
Old 02-18-2016, 01:16 AM

Bombardier has just announced lay offs of 7000 people. Mostly in their aerospace and train departments.
Ya, That's who I would sign a multi million dollar contract with to build Edmontons LRT.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Bombardier has just announced lay offs of 7000 people. Mostly in their aerospace and train departments.
Ya, That's who I would sign a multi million dollar contract with to build Edmontons LRT.
Then who?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...