Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 PM

Philcollins sent me an ignorant PM about telling everyone about Perch Lakes. The PM really made no sense other than the profanities. But Apparently, I should not tell anyone else about perch lakes in Alberta either.

Up yours Philcollins. The point about the Board is sharing. If your special lake is yours alone, then show me your title to it and we can post it so you can keep it all to yourself. It is a public resource for all to enjoy.

Do you really think that your secret really is only known to you and no one else is allowed there? If so, how would I have known about it?

The childish behaviour of some of the posters on here is amazing.

Philcollins, don't you think you should be posting your intelligent PM to everyone on Facebook and Twitter to? Shouldn't you be getting an Injunction against every person who works at a tackleshop as well to protect your little secret?

Drewski
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 PM

I got some hate mail from him too! It made no sense to me either
Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 PM

maybe he should stick to his music and leave the perch to us!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 PM

Whats so special about this cross lake lol, what's so special about perch to, they are small and very easy to ctach so what's the big deal if people know about these secret perch lakes, perch multiply quickly so they won't get fished out...
Old 12-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Default Fishing

I'm not saying alberta has terrible fishing but compared to alot of other provinces in alberta it is among the worst. Half the lakes and double the fishing pressure. I get the catch 22. Wayne I know u catch lotsa fish and big ones but wabamun 4 days a week doesn't count. It only makes me jealous!!! You fish more then most. I have no problem my damn self catching fish but I went from being happy with 15 successful hard water days a year to happy with 5! Not to mention I fish at least 2 1/2 hours from my house to avoid the pressure! And yes, No one likes hate mail.

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-20-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw View Post
I got some hate mail from him too! It made no sense to me either
The lakes mentioned by DC are no secret. Not overly easy to find and then you still have to locate the fish. There are several other lakes out there and here is the thing......

While the internet may contribute to a few people trying out the lake, the moccasin telegraph (word of mouth) is just as far reaching. Ever notice who is fishing? I will bet a lot of those grey beards spend very little time on this site.

I have fished those lakes and several others for the past 20 years. In most cases I was tipped off.

Lakes are in the regs. If anyone has the ambition they can go fish them.

I'm not overly worried.

Last edited by 338Bluff; 12-20-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Philcollins sent me an ignorant PM about telling everyone about Perch Lakes. The PM really made no sense other than the profanities. But Apparently, I should not tell anyone else about perch lakes in Alberta either.

Up yours Philcollins. The point about the Board is sharing. If your special lake is yours alone, then show me your title to it and we can post it so you can keep it all to yourself. It is a public resource for all to enjoy.

Do you really think that your secret really is only known to you and no one else is allowed there? If so, how would I have known about it?

The childish behaviour of some of the posters on here is amazing.

Philcollins, don't you think you should be posting your intelligent PM to everyone on Facebook and Twitter to? Shouldn't you be getting an Injunction against every person who works at a tackleshop as well to protect your little secret?

Drewski
Me too once, So I put on ignor list and poof. He was gone!

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:14 AM

Default Chill out Guys

We all spend thousands of bucks on equipment, gas, bullets and bait to pursue our sports. I would have presumed that this forum was a place to gather information so All of us could have fun, shoot the odd buck, catch the odd fish and enjoy our days in the bush or on the lake. This site is not the place to brag about how lucky we were but to share our experiences, and that includes any information we wish to pass on. If you don't want to share, then don't but Why are you on this site.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmatei View Post
We all spend thousands of bucks on equipment, gas, bullets and bait to pursue our sports. I would have presumed that this forum was a place to gather information so All of us could have fun, shoot the odd buck, catch the odd fish and enjoy our days in the bush or on the lake. This site is not the place to brag about how lucky we were but to share our experiences, and that includes any information we wish to pass on. If you don't want to share, then don't but Why are you on this site.
........to brag naturally! LOL

Some folks take the entire measure of their self worth by how they think others will perceive or maybe admire them for their prowess as a hunter or angler. It is not a direct correlation, but these same individuals, may at times, push the legal and ethical limit to attain that status.

Notice I said some folks. 99% of the folks here are hard working joes that love the outdoors. The pictures and stories are great to see. If someone mentions a lake, great.

Sorry for the side track. Great to see you made it to Cross. It will pick up in February. Fish the East side or the South end.....or wherever the Ford Horde is parked
Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:

The childish behaviour of some of the posters on here is amazing. I

Drewski

What lake was he complaining about? Hahaha
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM

Thumbs up Cross Dec 30

Was out today for about 3.5 hrs & caught 78 between pops and I...brought home 9 for supper tomorrow in the 8"-9" range. About 70% were 3"-4"... Looking around it didn't seem like many were catching? About 100yards away two young fellas pulled up about a 10lb Pike on the tip-up, it was awesome to see their enthusiasm....yelling "FISH ON! FISH ON!" Great Stuff...
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM

thinking about going out there this weekend.
whats the ice like?

Thank you
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Out there all day Saturday.
12"-14" of ice and some areas had flood water, but still 40+ trucks on the lake.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Went out today to test my camera. Kinda frustrating. Saw lots of mini perch and hammer handle pike. Caught 6 perch all of em went back. Tried many places and different hooks/bait. Talked to some guys on shore they had similar slow luck.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Me too once, So I put on ignor list and poof. He was gone!
Thanks for the Tip I have been looking for A way to Turf this Dummy since last year
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM

Hey guys,
I've fished this lake during the summer months and had good success with pike and perch, going to try ice fishing here next weekend (19th). I have heard that there are springs feeding this lake so I'm a bit leery of driving on, not knowing if the ice thickness is going to be similar across the whole lake. Can anyone confirm this? If so, would anyone mind pointing out where the springs are?
Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryflyguy View Post
Hey guys,
I've fished this lake during the summer months and had good success with pike and perch, going to try ice fishing here next weekend (19th). I have heard that there are springs feeding this lake so I'm a bit leery of driving on, not knowing if the ice thickness is going to be similar across the whole lake. Can anyone confirm this? If so, would anyone mind pointing out where the springs are?
Thanks
If this is the case, you will be the lucky one driving and my truck will be staying home this time
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Funny thing is that there is Francis, Big Grassy, Banana, and Baptiste Lake which have perch. Not to mention Island and Ghost and North Chain. There are lots of good lakes. Do you really think that Cross will get hammered into the ground any more than the rest of the lakes in the area?

Anyways, if this is the concern, I just spread out those 100 Dodge duallies with the other lakes in the area worth having look at.

Drewski
Francis is a dead lake now, didn't realize it was winterkilled two years ago until after we tried fishing it a couple of weekends ago....was a great lil gem of a perch lake til mother nature spanked it. Just letting you know so you do not waste a day on that lake.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep6matt View Post
Francis is a dead lake now, didn't realize it was winterkilled two years ago until after we tried fishing it a couple of weekends ago....was a great lil gem of a perch lake til mother nature spanked it. Just letting you know so you do not waste a day on that lake.
Wow if this is true what a great post. These are the types of things that need to be shared. Thanks a lot for posting this.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter79 View Post
Wow if this is true what a great post. These are the types of things that need to be shared. Thanks a lot for posting this.
Agreed. However some people on this site make these reports to keep people away if it is hot fishing. Best check lakes out yourself unless you trust the poster. I bet alot of these lil lakes that are supposedly winterkilled are really gems.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Tell him to eat it cross is no secret maybe we should meet this deouch bag out there some time
Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 AM

Went yesterday, perch were slow, small and very skinny. Biggest was 9" most in the 6" to 8" range. We were there all day and two of us did not catch the limit for one. Would have had more fun at Nakamun. Probly better luck too. JMO.

One lake off my list for this year, on to the next one.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM

The wife and I went to Jackfish yesterday and spent the entire day watching Perch come up to our bait and swim away... they had zero interest.. Managed to bring home 5, only caught 7... Wondering if something else has slowed the bite down
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 AM

wasnt slow for us yesterday, but we did notice they perch were biting ever so gently. had to be patient at the little nibbles!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
wasnt slow for us yesterday, but we did notice they perch were biting ever so gently. had to be patient at the little nibbles!
Those little bastards are bait theives when they wanna be!!!!