Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
The best is the Athabasca River where the Pembina runs in and up the Pembina abit .. if you check the Alberta Fish and Game Assoc new Trophy book they are listed as to where they were caught

Food for Thought
David
x2 hard to access now though as the road is totaly destroyd well last time i went there was 3 foot ruts. need an atv or a jeep
Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Monger View Post
thanks for all the info!!!! Way to troll, but its amusing how many people are replying with their favorite places. Funny thing is I bet very few people are actually telling the truth hahahah

Also, can we think of something a little less, hmmmm gay, for our favorite place to fish.......every time I read honey hole it makes me laugh, no one else seems to find this funny?

I dont want to show anyone my honey hole, *yuck*
I told the truth. Go to crawling valley. Fish the hell out of them and I hope you have good luck as well. not afraid to help someone out, especially when it is a PUBLIC lake. Pretty sure there will still be some fish in it when I go again next year seeing as how you have to release them anyway. Not sure about you hardcore fishermen and your socallled SECRET SPOTS. Wouldnt want anyone else to have some fun. let me me guess you are going to say, they can find there on spot right. Well I am pretty sure that is what the pop is trying to do.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
Not sure about you hardcore fishermen and your socallled SECRET SPOTS. Wouldnt want anyone else to have some fun. let me me guess you are going to say, they can find there on spot right.
I wasnt even poking fun at you but ok....... Most of us HARDCORE fisherman hahaha as you call us, do have a spot that produces well for us that isnt very popular with many people. I have a great spot on the NSR that I would never post on here.....because I dont want it to become a hermitage, legends or whitemud creek, that being said, I have sent some PM's to people with other spots I have found that are good, just not my favorite one. He is asking for our favorite spots, but not telling his?? lol
Old 10-02-2012, 03:19 PM

any lake in Sask is good for Walleye.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 PM

Id say for health , quality size and quantity .

North Saskatchewan , If I wasnt at work id be out fishing them .
Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 PM

NSR is ok but not like it was 20+ years ago.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Banned

Almost as laughable as the threads posted by posters who are to lazy to search out and read information that is already posted on this great forum time after time, is there really anyone left out there who doesn't know where all the "NEWBY" holes on the NSR, PCR or Travers res are and exactly what rigs/baits to use at these places yet?!?

You'd figure that fishermen would be happy to spend the time to research and read through all of the amazing information already posted on this incredible free resource...
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety D View Post
Agreed , but you gotta admit in the past 5- 7 years its getting way better than 10 -17 years .
Old 10-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
its newell......
Now you gone and given it away. Nowell was a code name. LOL. Rick.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
I told the truth. Go to crawling valley. Fish the hell out of them and I hope you have good luck as well. not afraid to help someone out, especially when it is a PUBLIC lake. Pretty sure there will still be some fish in it when I go again next year seeing as how you have to release them anyway. Not sure about you hardcore fishermen and your socallled SECRET SPOTS. Wouldnt want anyone else to have some fun. let me me guess you are going to say, they can find there on spot right. Well I am pretty sure that is what the pop is trying to do.
Crawling Valley. I got 50 there on saturday.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM

I can't take a recommendation on Walleye fishing from a forum member with the name sanjuanworm.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM

I would have to say the Athabasca River. So many people fish it by jet boat specifically for the walleye.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Almost as laughable as the threads posted by posters who are to lazy to search out and read information that is already posted on this great forum time after time, is there really anyone left out there who doesn't know where all the "NEWBY" holes on the NSR, PCR or Travers res are and exactly what rigs/baits to use at these places yet?!?

You'd figure that fishermen would be happy to spend the time to research and read through all of the amazing information already posted on this incredible free resource...
+1

NCR (North Coulee Reservoir) in Alberta is my go to for guaranteed limits of Walleye over 65cm. Not uncommon to hit schools of fish over 8lbs.

They dang near jump in the bucket.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye101 View Post
I can't take a recommendation on Walleye fishing from a forum member with the name sanjuanworm.
I'll just leave this here then....

Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 AM

Are you talking quality or quantity??

....oh and where is the OP's contribution to this?....he starts the thread and bails???? WTH???

LC
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Default Am I too Late

Am I too late .,

AllenBill Pond My fav.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Are you talking quality or quantity??

....oh and where is the OP's contribution to this?....he starts the thread and bails???? WTH???

LC
Par for the course...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM

I get a kick at how many people get their panties in a bunch when posts like the OP comes up, lol. Good lord... It's Alberta. It's not like any one lake or river is a secret anymore. There are only SO many lakes and rivers...

I mean, *whispering* don't tell anyone but I hear Travers, McGregor, Keho, Newell, Chin, St Mary's, Grassy, PCR, Crawling Valley, Badger, Oldman river, SSR and others in the south have walleye..... Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh! Lets keep this between you an I, k thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM

BBJ you were in diapers when the fishing was really good on the NSR.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM

Lesser Slave Lake....most consistent for many years
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM

My money is on Bistcho Lake, or Thruston.
Good luck getting to either though.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
I get a kick at how many people get their panties in a bunch when posts like the OP comes up, lol. Good lord... It's Alberta. It's not like any one lake or river is a secret anymore. There are only SO many lakes and rivers...

I mean, *whispering* don't tell anyone but I hear Travers, McGregor, Keho, Newell, Chin, St Mary's, Grassy, PCR, Crawling Valley, Badger, Oldman river, SSR and others in the south have walleye..... Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh! Lets keep this between you an I, k thanks!

We're talking about the entire province. If you think there's no lakes or rivers in this province that aren't well kept secrets, you are sorely mistaken my friend. I can go 1.5 hours away from Edmonton and just HAMMER good size pike. When that gets old I can troll around and hook into big walleyes. Not to mention perch or whites through the ice.

Am I going to go around posting the name of that lake? No. Why? Because nobody on AO talks about it. A lake that close to Edmonton can't handle the pressure.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM

Bistcho is unreal !!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
We're talking about the entire province. If you think there's no lakes or rivers in this province that aren't well kept secrets, you are sorely mistaken my friend. I can go 1.5 hours away from Edmonton and just HAMMER good size pike. When that gets old I can troll around and hook into big walleyes. Not to mention perch or whites through the ice.

Am I going to go around posting the name of that lake? No. Why? Because nobody on AO talks about it. A lake that close to Edmonton can't handle the pressure.
Great. That's good for you. Sigh... Obviously not EVERY lake and river in Alberta are well known... And if people find, or have, a lake that is "secret" and doesn't receive as much pressure, I don't expect them to announce it to the world if they choose not to. That's not what I was trying to get at.

I was simply making light of the fact that the people posting in this thread were all up in arms and just couldn't believe that the OP was, in a round about way, asking for some lakes that produce walleye... The nerve of the OP, right? Lol.

If you don't want to give away "your" spot, then ignore the thread and don't post. Pretty simple. Lol. Could the OP have used the search function? Sure. I just don't understand the whole getting your panties in a bunch when someone is asking for names of lakes/rivers and asking for 'help'. Relax people. Man alive...

I just found some of the responses in this thread comical, that's all.

/end rant-ish comment

Carry on. Nothing to see here.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety D View Post
nothing is....

was gonna try to keep track but ive caught to many!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermansfriend View Post
nothing is....
many are better
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Broadmoor lake in Sherwood Park. Please don't get discouraged if u snag a few shopping carts or dead geese. There's 10lb+ wallski's in there. My favorite spot is on the north side of the lake,2nd bench, 10 paces to the right of the bum drinking a big bear in a brown bag. If the fishing is slow, atleast u have someone to talk to and drink with.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
many are better
+1

an ecosystem in flux can produce amazing results
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I dont want to show anyone my honey hole, *yuck*
high five! Lol