Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Default Cross lake update

4 of us went out 8 came back. It was very slow sun up to sun down. Had a camera moved a bunch tried every hook in every color and we managed 4 perch between 28 man hours of fishing.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM

I didn't realize cloning worked that well yet .......... you more than doubled ........

I guess it better than "9 of us went out and 4 came back" ........... imagine losing 5 guys on an outing ............
Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw View Post
4 of us went out 8 came back. It was very slow sun up to sun down. Had a camera moved a bunch tried every hook in every color and we managed 4 perch between 28 man hours of fishing.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 AM

Ice thickness??

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 AM

we were out yesterday but had some decent luck. took home about 20 perch between the 4 of us. threw back lots, they were bitin almost all day. there were a few pike caught and tossed back as well. i was using a wire worm and a red maggot. ice was nearing 12''
Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
we were out yesterday but had some decent luck. took home about 20 perch between the 4 of us. threw back lots, they were bitin almost all day. there were a few pike caught and tossed back as well. i was using a wire worm and a red maggot. ice was nearing 12''
Nice work Tell'em how to jig too. I just don't understand. U have a good day and hit the forum bragging? Keep it quiet man !?!?!?!?! U want a repeat of last year. If u catch and enjoy it keep it amongst yourselves or next time you go back there's 100 trucks and no fish. There's like 3000 hardcore fisherman on this site. I'm shaking my head!

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM

buddys right...
Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
Nice work Tell'em how to jig too. I just don't understand. U have a good day and hit the forum bragging? Keep it quiet man !?!?!?!?! U want a repeat of last year. If u catch and enjoy it keep it amongst yourselves or next time you go back there's 100 trucks and no fish. There's like 3000 hardcore fisherman on this site. I'm shaking my head!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman160 View Post
buddys right...
You guys are hilarious
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
LOL. Because all the guys that went there last year forgot about the lake?

This is a fishing forum. Dont tell anyone but you can catch big pike at Wab. White fish frequent brownlows at gull and about 250 yards off the PP at pigeon is a good spot for walleye just look for the 100 boats.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM

I caught 13 pike on Newell yesterday, I guess I can expect 100 boats when I go back Wednesday? oops

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Yes everybody go to Pigeon, Wabamun, and Gull. The bit is on! Do not waste your time anywhere else!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 PM

Bye Bye Cross, too small of a lake.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 PM

went through all the same crap with Cross on here last winter, seems it didnt get fished out then, and it wont this winter either. just because 100 people are fishing doesnt mean 100 people are catching

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 PM

The bandwagon for sniveling about telling people they had a great day, left years ago boys. get with the times and enjoy your life or I will enjoy your life for you. make your pick.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Hammered the perch at Hasse on Sunday.....got into a school of about 30 or so and cleaned 15 of the little buggers out.....I mean they were pretty small but the kids begged me to keep em all. Sorry about there being no pictures....

LC
Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 PM

Fished Hasse as a little tyke. Usta be a ton of fun and great perch!

Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 AM

Default hey baptist moose

hey baptiste moose , why dont you just shut the hell up !! im so sick of your unwitty responses ! you wine more then my 4 year old daughter ! If a guy wants to pass on good info let him , maby itll drive your stupid ass off the lake !! dip**** !!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Banned

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 AM

Funny thing is that there is Francis, Big Grassy, Banana, and Baptiste Lake which have perch. Not to mention Island and Ghost and North Chain. There are lots of good lakes. Do you really think that Cross will get hammered into the ground any more than the rest of the lakes in the area?

Anyways, if this is the concern, I just spread out those 100 Dodge duallies with the other lakes in the area worth having look at.

Drewski
Old 12-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Funny thing is that there is Francis, Big Grassy, Banana, and Baptiste Lake which have perch. Not to mention Island and Ghost and North Chain. There are lots of good lakes. Do you really think that Cross will get hammered into the ground any more than the rest of the lakes in the area?

Anyways, if this is the concern, I just spread out those 100 Dodge duallies with the other lakes in the area worth having look at.

Drewski
Banana is dead, winterkilled 2 winters ago.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Banana is connected to Francis which is connected to Cross. High water last few years, Banana is quite deep and much deeper than Cross, but in any event, it will repopulate even if you were right.

In the spirit of DISuassion, Cross dried up, has been turned into a farmer's field, and has no fish in it anyways. Don't go there either.

Drewski
Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post

Drewski
Francis is dead as well , island has 5" perch and 10" pike but nice white fish
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM

You need to get more guys out there with their pick-ups to the point where there will be so many fishermen and so much weight on the ice the entire ice surface will collapse and everyone will sink to the bottom and thus eliminate all of those fishermen.

Come next year we will have the entire lake all to ourselves!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM

This thread is funny, When I went to Cross last year before Xmas. The ice was just a little over 12" , There were hundreds and and hundreds of holes there allready. Cross was no secrete at all. IMO. If someone wants to give out a hot spot then its thier porogitive.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 PM

So sorry Sosa!! I might have been a little sharp but like most if you believe in something a person is usually passionate about it. I believe the fishing section should be used for ice reports and that's about it. I just read through all your posts and all of them are " please help" " need info" " how do I got on waui" except for the one where you tell me off. Spend 1000$ on gas like the rest of us, drill holes and aquirre your own info. By the end of the year you'll know where the " perch " are!! And I bet you wouldn't tell a soul then.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 PM

Ya thats not me. I am happy to give out information on locations. I will take a few mins and give you all that I have on a said location. Things we have used, maps, depth chart if I have it. Do I give out all locations or put them as points on my shared map? Nope. I do keep some for myself but they are in no way a secret from everyone. Nor do I post or talk about locations that I have been invited to fish with someone els. Sharing information is what this site is for is it not?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 PM

If social media is destroying social skills do you actually think it will help our terrible fishing out? I got a guy telling me off that I've never even met! You think I'm gonna be eager to share my info that's bought and paid for?

Last edited by baptiste_moose; 12-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:56 PM

I share information, albeit, am careful not to get too specific on some of my favorite locations.

There's a great lake for eyes not far from here, and I love the fact when we go there are only a few guys out there. I have not posted about this lake.

Having said that, I have PM'ed some guys and helped them out.

I think the forum is for sharing ......

On another note - if you have a honey hole full of perch and the sizes are getting smaller and smaller, don't you want more fishing pressure to reduce the population and increase their size?

Look at Pigeon now - you can catch a hundred eyes, they are still really nice size, but I'm fearful as they are getting slowly smaller.

Look at Simcoe, big perch, lots of pressure.

I think the trick is finding the balance.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:25 PM

Default simcoe

u can't compare simcoe to any lakes around here there are different species of fish in it and different food sources for the fish. also a longer open water period which entails a longer growing season. reducing population does not increase size. but i hear what you are saying.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:30 PM

what terrible fishing? maybe you arent doing it right I catch a lot of fish and some pretty good sized ones as well. everyone has an off day here and there, but Alberta has great fishing

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds