Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2013, 08:13 PM

Default Zimmerman not guitly

There's going to be trouble what do you think?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 PM

Would imagine there will be some, hopefully no race riots.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
There's going to be trouble what do you think?
Unless they ask RCMP for help to confiscate all knives
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 PM

People didn't riot when OJ got his not-guilty verdict
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Hmmmmm Hope not.I wouldnt want to be Zimmerman though.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM

Default Civil Case?

Will there be a Civil case?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
are you suggesting white folk aren't as prone to riot.....like the blacks did when he was found responsible for those deaths by a white jury and riots broke out?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle30 View Post
Will there be a Civil case?
Doubt it, don't think he has deep pockets to justify the expense.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
He has no money neither do the Martins . I understand that they could put a case forward to keep Zimmerman broke. If a lawer wanted to do it pro bono.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
True, but it's a way to take his book money etc that sure to be coming.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Banned

I'm glad media failed to persecute this man.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
are you suggesting white folk aren't as prone to riot.....like the blacks did when he was found responsible for those deaths by a white jury and riots broke out?
I made no mention of race, but I do think that those in economically depressed areas will riot more because they don't have the options of protest that more affluent people have. Color or religion have nothing to do with it. Then again the rioters in Vancouver were from all walks of life, there were probably more 'advantaged' people creating havoc than there were poor folk. Besides, Zimmerman sure looks Hispanic to me, so what have caucasians have to do with anything in the Zimmerman case? Naturally tanned shooter, even more tanned deceased. Can't whitey take a pass as the 'bigoted' guilty party in this one?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Good to see so many of you were distracted by this when there's so much more going on in the world.

Multiple nations have had their governments overthrown by mass demonstration and coups that are not coups during this trial. Many more nations are still experiencing mass protests and unrest.

The whole Trans Atlantic trade negotiations that are going on, which would have a similar effect as the wonderful NAFTA agreements

Not to mention the Bradly Manning court marshal, or the Eric Snowden affair which is by all accounts the most damaging leak of classified information against the US establishment to date.

I could go on, but a man killing a boy claiming self defense with the whole black in America media spin is more important. Not to make light of being black in the US, but really this whole Zimmerman thing is something for the people of Florida to work out with their legislature. Up here in Canada, winter is coming.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post

Not to mention the Bradly Manning court marshal, or the Eric Snowden affair which is by all accounts the most damaging leak of classified information against the US establishment to date.
Yes I agree....exposing the fact that the US government has morphed into something out of George Orwell's 1984 could be "damaging".
Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_snow View Post
I'm glad media failed to persecute this man.
I think they did persecute him, causing this trial in the first place.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think they did persecute him, causing this trial in the first place.
Fair enough but I'm saying atleast he was acquitted
Old 07-13-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_hate_snow View Post
Fair enough but I'm saying atleast he was acquitted
The fundamental danger of an acquittal is not race riots, it's more George Zimmermans. - Jay Smooth. Quote from twitter.

That about sums up my feelings on this.

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
or Casey Anthony, Wonder what they are getting at
Old 07-13-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Good to see so many of you were distracted by this when there's so much more going on in the world.

Multiple nations have had their governments overthrown by mass demonstration and coups that are not coups during this trial. Many more nations are still experiencing mass protests and unrest.

The whole Trans Atlantic trade negotiations that are going on, which would have a similar effect as the wonderful NAFTA agreements

I could go on, but a man killing a boy claiming self defense with the whole black in America media spin is more important. Not to make light of being black in the US, but really this whole Zimmerman thing is something for the people of Florida to work out with their legislature. Up here in Canada, winter is coming.
Au contraire. There are many of us that can watch all of the above with barely a sideways glace at the Zimmerman trial, and still keep fairly good track of what's happening.

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doetracks View Post
Au contraire. There are many of us that can watch all of the above with barely a sideways glace at the Zimmerman trial, and still keep fairly good track of what's happening.
Touché.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:07 AM
Banned

I suspect there will be some riots, some random violence, and Zimmerman and his family will most likely be targets for a very long time.

I have nothing nice to say about either Zimmerman or Martin.

What I saw from this is a need to better control who can carry a weapon. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, and despite his best intentions, he killed someone who was not guilty of doing anything at that time, other then going home. He should have waited for the police like the 911 operator told him.

Martin was a druggy and a petty thief, contrary to what his family and his supporters had to say about him. He was typical of what happens to poor black youths.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
I made no mention of race, but I do think that those in economically depressed areas will riot more because they don't have the options of protest that more affluent people have. Color or religion have nothing to do with it. Then again the rioters in Vancouver were from all walks of life, there were probably more 'advantaged' people creating havoc than there were poor folk. Besides, Zimmerman sure looks Hispanic to me, so what have caucasians have to do with anything in the Zimmerman case? Naturally tanned shooter, even more tanned deceased. Can't whitey take a pass as the 'bigoted' guilty party in this one?
His father was a white German.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I suspect there will be some riots, some random violence, and Zimmerman and his family will most likely be targets for a very long time.

I have nothing nice to say about either Zimmerman or Martin.

What I saw from this is a need to better control who can carry a weapon. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, and despite his best intentions, he killed someone who was not guilty of doing anything at that time, other then going home. He should have waited for the police like the 911 operator told him.

Martin was a druggy and a petty thief, contrary to what his family and his supporters had to say about him. He was typical of what happens to poor black youths.
This^... but could you please change your location from "deadmonton" to anywhere else? If you don't like it here you can leave.
There are more things to do here than a lot of other places in Canada but no one can force you to participate.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
This^... but could you please change your location from "deadmonton" to anywhere else? If you don't like it here you can leave.
There are more things to do here than a lot of other places in Canada but no one can force you to participate.
I will not change my location. You most likely don't even know why I call it that do you? It has nothing to do with lack of things to do there.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 AM

I was expecting a guilty verdict because of race, regardless of what was being said about race not being a factor. I guess I was wrong, with that said, I didn't want to see a guilty verdict.

I might get flamed or even banned for this, but good riddance, one less druggy petty thieve on the streets is fine by me. You know those crack heads stealing your truck, and breaking in to your house in the middle of the night, they started off as druggy petty thieves too
Old 07-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
I was expecting a guilty verdict because of race, regardless of what was being said about race not being a factor. I guess I was wrong, with that said, I didn't want to see a guilty verdict.

I might get flamed or even banned for this, but good riddance, one less druggy petty thieve on the streets is fine by me. You know those crack heads stealing your truck, and breaking in to your house in the middle of the night, they started off as druggy petty thieves too
No flames from me, I totally agree.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I will not change my location. You most likely don't even know why I call it that do you? It has nothing to do with lack of things to do there.
Its because you find Edmonton "dead" compared to other places.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:20 AM

Edmonton was murder capital of Canada the year rmw registered would be my guess.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
Its because you find Edmonton "dead" compared to other places.
No, but good guess. Actually Edmonton does have lots of things to do, and is known as "festival city" because it does have a large number of festivals.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Edmonton was murder capital of Canada the year rmw registered would be my guess.
Not just the year I registered, but this is a very good answer.