Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Question Toho lake Florida

Has anyone ever used a guided service for a lake Toho bass fishing day? Doin the Disney World thing in March and a solo Daddy day may be required. Any advice for guide choice or experience details? Have seen some huge Largemouth pictures from that lake
Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM

Thumbs up

The wife and I fshed Lake Toho 3 years ago. It was a great time! Never caught a bass before then. We didn't get into any huge fish but our biggest was 4 pounds I think and lots of smaller ones.

We went with Florida Bass Fishing Adventures. Steve Boyd was the guide. He was great. I would reccommed him. It was a little pricey but I think it was worth it. Check it out online there are lots of pics and info on the site.

hope that helps
dong
Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM

Awesome. He was actually one outfit I had already looked into, so good to hear it worked well for you. Yeah I'm pretty pumped to hook into the big ol' bucketmouths that I have only watched on TV. Were there extra costs that made it seem expensive or just the price in general? I read they charge almost $20 for a dozen shiners for bait. WOAH
Old 01-28-2011, 03:58 PM

i used to live on lake toho and use to work at toho marina.....
Old 01-28-2011, 04:05 PM

i have some advice about bait if you would like....i Fished Lake Okeechobee alot and i always caught huge Largemouth on arkansas shiners...try em out while youre down there..im telling you they produce hawgs.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:28 PM

if your going in march i would do the shiner fishing....when i lived down there years ago i got alot of my bigger fish that way....most of the 10 - 14 pounders we caught on 8 to 12 inch shiners....my dad still lives across the street from lake toho by the marina...but he does mostly salt water fishing now but he says he he still gets a big one once in a while...my favorite plastic worm for that lake was the black/grape...it always seemed to produce well....the previous lake mentioned is an awsome lake for shiner fishing...fished it many times also....if it was me going down there i would be going after some big fat specks..i think there crappie but that is what they call them down there...if your shiner fishing and its slow between bite take an ultr lite rod and cast a black and yellow beetle spin around with a slow retrive you might pick up some slab bluegill,shell crackers,crappie or even a chain pickrel....
Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Yeah just the price in general seemed a little high but we were on holidays and I ve always wanted to catch bass so we just spent the money. I dont think the prices have changed very much since we went but I think the live shiners were included in the price. The ride in that sweet bass boat was fun too!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:29 PM

fished it cause my cousin live there huge bass!!!! i got em off spro frogs topwater but i caugth 2-3 decent fish 8lb off of big swimbaits
Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERCHY View Post
i have some advice about bait if you would like....i Fished Lake Okeechobee alot and i always caught huge Largemouth on arkansas shiners...try em out while youre down there..im telling you they produce hawgs.
Those would be GOLDEN SHINERS caught right here in lake Okeechobee.